DANO FAB mods



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

DANO FAB mods

Postby WaveForm3 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:43 pm

Ok, so has anyone modded the DANO FAB Metal? I read somewhere that there's on mod that can glitch it into a self-osciallator.

Has anyone tried the Echo Mod?

Are there any mods for the FAB OD?
Devi Ever fx: LP KP
WaveForm3

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 655
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:44 pm
Location: NY

Re: DANO FAB mods

Postby smile_man » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:43 am

The Fab Metal mod that I think you're talking about isn't that interesting. Just poke around with a wire and you should find it. My friend actually gutted his Fab metal and wire the output jack to the switch so it acts as a tap tempo for his DD-20! :idk:

Fab Echo:

http://www.experimentalistsanonymous.com/board/index.php?topic=1094

http://www.pbase.com/fhludlow/fabecho

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=1259386

I don't know much about the Fab OD.

EDIT; I forgot to add, MODDING THE FAB ECHO IS FUCKING HARD! I tried but the SMD component are so small that while taking out the resistor I also removed a capacitor which fell on the floor and now its fucked. BE. CAREFUL.
http://tsunshining.bandcamp.com/ - jamz
http://www.jamiecoxxx.tumblr.com - art jamz
zackv wrote:stop fooling around and shell out the 320$

SPACERITUAL wrote:SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRITUAAAAAAAAAAAAAL
smile_man

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4532
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:47 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: DANO FAB mods

Postby WaveForm3 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:13 am

I dunno. I thought I read something on here that someone modded their Metal to Self osciallate.

The Squarewvae Parade one at EA doesn't look bad at all.
Devi Ever fx: LP KP
WaveForm3

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 655
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:44 pm
Location: NY

Re: DANO FAB mods

Postby smile_man » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:02 am

WaveForm3 wrote:I dunno. I thought I read something on here that someone modded their Metal to Self osciallate.


Oh it does, but it's not that interesting, IMO. It's just a pitched drone. the friend who did it said it somehow created a feedback loop inside the pedal. :idk:

The Squarewave Parade one does look cool, although I don't like that he doesn't tell all the bend points. :grumpy: It's very easy to break the fab echo!
http://tsunshining.bandcamp.com/ - jamz
http://www.jamiecoxxx.tumblr.com - art jamz
zackv wrote:stop fooling around and shell out the 320$

SPACERITUAL wrote:SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRITUAAAAAAAAAAAAAL
smile_man

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4532
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:47 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: DANO FAB mods

Postby WaveForm3 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:16 am

smile_man wrote:
WaveForm3 wrote:I dunno. I thought I read something on here that someone modded their Metal to Self osciallate.


Oh it does, but it's not that interesting, IMO. It's just a pitched drone. the friend who did it said it somehow created a feedback loop inside the pedal. :idk:

The Squarewave Parade one does look cool, although I don't like that he doesn't tell all the bend points. :grumpy: It's very easy to break the fab echo!


ok, I guess...

I'll email him...

Thanks! :thumb:
Devi Ever fx: LP KP
WaveForm3

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 655
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:44 pm
Location: NY


Return to DIY Effects



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.