Ibanez Kindajaguar restoration



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Ibanez Kindajaguar restoration

Postby drolo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:01 pm

Invisible Man wrote:Can you start a thread to show us the ghetto pickup winder build?

I'd have to go back in time ? :-)
not sure I could stand behind publicly showing how ghetto it really is. there was a lot of hot glue action involved ...

but in a nutshell:
get a motor or something spinny,
get a magnet and a reed switch to act as sensor to count the turns
get a counter of some sort (some people hack a calculator and solder the switch to the = key to increment with each turn)

mount it in a frame that makes sense to you, use a rod and some ball bearings to fix your spinning plate to.
you can use bolts or other fancy setups to stick your pickup bobbin to the plate but I just use a bit of duct tape on each side. it's solid enough for the duration of the winding and helps guiding your wire to not get stuck between the bobbin and the plate

there's really not much to it really

oh and you need your pickup wire. traditionally 42 AWG

I can get into more detail if you have any specific questions. will be glad to help
davidrolo.com
drolo.bandcamp.com
shark tank!

Jwar wrote:There's other places outside of ILF?

fuzzisokiguess wrote:Dam[n]!

$harkToootth wrote:I want the TETSUO, THE IRON MAN board where I become the board.
drolo

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:00 pm
Location: South Pole of Belgium

Re: Ibanez Kindajaguar restoration

Postby kosta » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:54 pm

That pickup winding rig rules so hard.
Object Object : Bandcamp | Soundcloud
A lil dreamy, a lil noisy.
kosta

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 5391
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:00 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: Ibanez Kindajaguar restoration

Postby sylnau » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:36 pm

The guitar look so good! :thumb:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 9921
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:38 pm
Location: Quebec City

Re: Ibanez Kindajaguar restoration

Postby friendship » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:05 pm

drolo wrote:
Invisible Man wrote:Can you start a thread to show us the ghetto pickup winder build?

I'd have to go back in time ? :-)
not sure I could stand behind publicly showing how ghetto it really is. there was a lot of hot glue action involved ...

but in a nutshell:
get a motor or something spinny,
get a magnet and a reed switch to act as sensor to count the turns
get a counter of some sort (some people hack a calculator and solder the switch to the = key to increment with each turn)

mount it in a frame that makes sense to you, use a rod and some ball bearings to fix your spinning plate to.
you can use bolts or other fancy setups to stick your pickup bobbin to the plate but I just use a bit of duct tape on each side. it's solid enough for the duration of the winding and helps guiding your wire to not get stuck between the bobbin and the plate

there's really not much to it really

oh and you need your pickup wire. traditionally 42 AWG

I can get into more detail if you have any specific questions. will be glad to help


Image
actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3208
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: Ibanez Kindajaguar restoration

Postby drolo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:24 pm

friendship wrote:
drolo wrote:
Invisible Man wrote:Can you start a thread to show us the ghetto pickup winder build?

I'd have to go back in time ? :-)
not sure I could stand behind publicly showing how ghetto it really is. there was a lot of hot glue action involved ...

but in a nutshell:
get a motor or something spinny,
get a magnet and a reed switch to act as sensor to count the turns
get a counter of some sort (some people hack a calculator and solder the switch to the = key to increment with each turn)

mount it in a frame that makes sense to you, use a rod and some ball bearings to fix your spinning plate to.
you can use bolts or other fancy setups to stick your pickup bobbin to the plate but I just use a bit of duct tape on each side. it's solid enough for the duration of the winding and helps guiding your wire to not get stuck between the bobbin and the plate

there's really not much to it really

oh and you need your pickup wire. traditionally 42 AWG

I can get into more detail if you have any specific questions. will be glad to help


Image


:lol: peed in my pants a little :lol:

this is way more mcguyver than mine :

Image
davidrolo.com
drolo.bandcamp.com
shark tank!

Jwar wrote:There's other places outside of ILF?

fuzzisokiguess wrote:Dam[n]!

$harkToootth wrote:I want the TETSUO, THE IRON MAN board where I become the board.
drolo

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:00 pm
Location: South Pole of Belgium

Re: Ibanez Kindajaguar restoration

Postby ibarakishi » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:50 pm

Invisible Man wrote:Can you start a thread to show us the ghetto pickup winder build?



this ^
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra

$harkToootth wrote:Long live the floor!

Invisible Man wrote:COGITO ERGO NON EST

Invisible Man wrote:maybe home isn’t where you’re comfortable, but where you can be useful.
ibarakishi

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 597
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:31 am
Location: Thailand

Re: Ibanez Kindajaguar restoration

Postby kosta » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:47 pm

That turntable setup!!!
Object Object : Bandcamp | Soundcloud
A lil dreamy, a lil noisy.
kosta

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 5391
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:00 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: Ibanez Kindajaguar restoration

Postby drolo » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:16 am

decided to make a new trem bar that would fit better:

Image

Image

First time I cut a thread. I want to thread everything in the house now.
davidrolo.com
drolo.bandcamp.com
shark tank!

Jwar wrote:There's other places outside of ILF?

fuzzisokiguess wrote:Dam[n]!

$harkToootth wrote:I want the TETSUO, THE IRON MAN board where I become the board.
drolo

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:00 pm
Location: South Pole of Belgium

Re: Ibanez Kindajaguar restoration

Postby ibarakishi » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:29 am

and the beauty continues :love:
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra

$harkToootth wrote:Long live the floor!

Invisible Man wrote:COGITO ERGO NON EST

Invisible Man wrote:maybe home isn’t where you’re comfortable, but where you can be useful.
ibarakishi

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 597
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:31 am
Location: Thailand

Re: Ibanez Kindajaguar restoration

Postby drolo » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:45 am

finally had some time to record a bit with it this morning :-)
davidrolo.com
drolo.bandcamp.com
shark tank!

Jwar wrote:There's other places outside of ILF?

fuzzisokiguess wrote:Dam[n]!

$harkToootth wrote:I want the TETSUO, THE IRON MAN board where I become the board.
drolo

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:00 pm
Location: South Pole of Belgium

Re: Ibanez Kindajaguar restoration

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:39 am

Sounds great! :!!!: , drolo, but be careful with your video descriptions. You're gonna get yourself sued by Shy Boyz for infringing upon their copyright signature line.
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
"Flangers gonna Flange, though. There's no way around that." - Joel Korte
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 34280
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: Ibanez Kindajaguar restoration

Postby friendship » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:46 am

Sounds rugged and raw :animal:
actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3208
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: Ibanez Kindajaguar restoration

Postby drolo » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:51 am

Chankgeez wrote:Sounds great! :!!!: , drolo, but be careful with your video descriptions. You're gonna get yourself sued by Shy Boyz for infringing upon their copyright signature line.


:lol:
davidrolo.com
drolo.bandcamp.com
shark tank!

Jwar wrote:There's other places outside of ILF?

fuzzisokiguess wrote:Dam[n]!

$harkToootth wrote:I want the TETSUO, THE IRON MAN board where I become the board.
drolo

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:00 pm
Location: South Pole of Belgium

Re: Ibanez Kindajaguar restoration

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:47 pm

drolo, looks like they've got another project for you:

Image

https://reverb.com/item/8400655-1960s-i ... tage-white

:snax:
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
"Flangers gonna Flange, though. There's no way around that." - Joel Korte
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 34280
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: Ibanez Kindajaguar restoration

Postby drolo » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:36 am

oh nice off white one
interesting to see that they had a cover on the tremolo
davidrolo.com
drolo.bandcamp.com
shark tank!

Jwar wrote:There's other places outside of ILF?

fuzzisokiguess wrote:Dam[n]!

$harkToootth wrote:I want the TETSUO, THE IRON MAN board where I become the board.
drolo

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:00 pm
Location: South Pole of Belgium

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.