Pedals that your feedback loops like and don't like.

Moderator: lawrence scaduto

Re: Pedals that your feedback loops like and don't like.

Postby More_Divebombs » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:47 am

Received my CCB at the weekend. It looks great, and is just awesome fun.

The only pedal I own which doesn't react with the CCB at all is my Raygun FX Beef Box fuzz. Just a standard nano-sized single knob fuzz, but it does nothing. even when I try and group it with other pedals, it just completely mutes the signal. Other than that, I've been having a blast with:

Boss HR-2 Harmonist (arpeggio harmonics, Rainbow Machine style!)
Aria Phaser (Cheapo, but howls like a car alarm!)
Nux Time Core (Budget chinese delay, but a very good pedal. Amazing decaying repeats!)
Any EQ pedal (Tweakable synth drones!)
Pignose Detonator (BROWN SOUND!)

All my dirt boxes just make it scream and drone. Really fun. It is the start and end of my chain, and I have my whole board going through it.
Stupid (mostly electronic) music - https://wulfexe.bandcamp.com
More_Divebombs

committed
committed

Postby lawrence scaduto » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:24 am

More_Divebombs wrote:Received my CCB at the weekend. It looks great, and is just awesome fun.

The only pedal I own which doesn't react with the CCB at all is my Raygun FX Beef Box fuzz. Just a standard nano-sized single knob fuzz, but it does nothing. even when I try and group it with other pedals, it just completely mutes the signal. Other than that, I've been having a blast with:

Boss HR-2 Harmonist (arpeggio harmonics, Rainbow Machine style!)
Aria Phaser (Cheapo, but howls like a car alarm!)
Nux Time Core (Budget chinese delay, but a very good pedal. Amazing decaying repeats!)
Any EQ pedal (Tweakable synth drones!)
Pignose Detonator (BROWN SOUND!)

All my dirt boxes just make it scream and drone. Really fun. It is the start and end of my chain, and I have my whole board going through it.

i'd love to hear a sound sample of the HR-2
I make Pedalshttp://ohnoho.com
I sell pedal parts http://bitcheslovemyswitches.com
thinking of PMing? email lawrence at ohnoho dot com for the quickest response
lawrence scaduto

committed
committed

Postby More_Divebombs » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:34 pm

I'll get something recorded this weekend and up it to Soundcloud :)
More_Divebombs

committed
committed

Postby More_Divebombs » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:48 am

Here's a little clip of the HR-2 Harmonist and the Chk Chk Boom playing together. No other effect in the loop. Added a bit of reverb post-recording.

It sounds like when shit gets serious in Scooby Doo.

More_Divebombs

committed
committed

Postby Achtane » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:13 am

More_Divebombs wrote:Here's a little clip of the HR-2 Harmonist and the Chk Chk Boom playing together. No other effect in the loop. Added a bit of reverb post-recording.

:lol: HR-2 turns into a Rainbow Machine :erm:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lawrence scaduto » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:00 pm

More_Divebombs wrote:Here's a little clip of the HR-2 Harmonist and the Chk Chk Boom playing together. No other effect in the loop. Added a bit of reverb post-recording.

I just love that sound. I can listen to it all day.
I make Pedalshttp://ohnoho.com
I sell pedal parts http://bitcheslovemyswitches.com
thinking of PMing? email lawrence at ohnoho dot com for the quickest response
lawrence scaduto

committed
committed

Postby noisepunk » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:14 pm

Ibanez PH7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Subdecay Spring Theory

The self-ocilating delay and phaser come through pretty strong, but it also almost sounds like a reverse delay (or reverse reverb, I guess)- so it's kind of like those three effects layered on top of each other (I'll try and do a demo of some sort).

Unfortunately, something in my chain is preventing the Carbon Copy from doing anything on it's own (or maybe it's just the carbon copy- I haven't actually tried making it work by itself), the PH7 still does't do anything on it's own, and the spring theory just makes some nice controlled feedback- cool, but not especially interesting.
“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.”- Neil Gaiman

"...maybe he's only a little crazy like painters or composers or... or some of those men in Washington"-Miracle on 34th St.(1947)
noisepunk

interested
interested

Postby Eric! » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:15 pm

Industrialectric RM-1N into Boomerang Plus into mini Gnomeratron. Rang plus in reverse lead or delay mode do SO WELL in a CCB, as does Gnomy. RM is tricky cuz has a FUCK TON of gain but still is awesome.

Reverse lead mode feedbacking: forward>back>forward>back and on and on getting more lo-fi due to sampling rates. OH BABY.
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blankfield » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:42 pm

Zombie thread bump...

Any chance this pedal can be constructed in a Hammond 1590A or similarly sized enclosure?
blankfield

committed
committed

Postby Paul_C » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:32 am

Judging by the price of the last one that sold on eBay, I was lucky to acquire my feedback looper pedal, a Barge Concepts VFB-X.

I was sold it cheap to use with my Miku, more as a blend than with the feedback, and discovered that with the feedback control in the right place it made the Miku chatter quite entertainingly. Since then I've been meaning to try other pedals with it, but hadn't got round to it until recently, when someone pointed me at the DBA Total Sonic Annihilation 2.

While it looked just the thing for me to have fun messing about with, it did also remind me that I already had something similar, so rather than just spend money recklessly (that could be spent on other pedals) I've started trying different pedals through it.

So far:

CSIDMAN - very good, convinced me to keep it a bit longer (it was up for sale).
Bakvendt - interesting and very chaotic
Count To 5 - I've only tried Mode 1 so far, great buzzing fart noises
Moomindrone T - with the internal settings I have at the moment, a subtle version of the CSIDMAN

Lots more to try, it's nice sometimes to find you've had something brilliant just sitting there waiting for you to notice it :)
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to ohnoho