The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Achtane » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:46 pm

I just remembered how Doom 64 was terrifying to 10-year-old me, and the impression that it left.
I used to wander around the levels in map view just because the actual environments were creepy as fuck.
No, I didn't get very far in the game :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:51 pm

So I've become super overpowered in Cyberpunk. I don't even have to pull out a gun any more. I can sneak into somewhere, hack into their cameras, then hack everyone to make them go cyberpsycho and kill each other.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby jrfox92 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:21 pm

MrNovember wrote:So I've become super overpowered in Cyberpunk. I don't even have to pull out a gun any more. I can sneak into somewhere, hack into their cameras, then hack everyone to make them go cyberpsycho and kill each other.

I went the opposite route, I walk around with a silenced revolver that pops heads like a grape from a mile away.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:03 pm

I'm nearly done the story and most of the side missions, but I already want to restart and build a character that's like full body and reflexes
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:49 am

I've spent the last week watching people play Rust and playing Rust along with Cyberpunk, help. :sick:
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PanicProne » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:13 pm

Don't know if I posted this but played through Jedi Fallen Order recently (story mode, what do you take me for? an actual gamer? a person with skills?) and really enjoyed that. Though the dialog was excellent, levels/planets fun and the story decent enough. Enjoyed how it didn't get too bombastic either and who doesn't like swinging a lightsaber?

Since then I moved on to Ghost Of Tsushima which I'm no 26 hours into. Initally was in awe by it, had a period where it felt predictable and too open world for me (I'm more of a linear or "fake open world" kinda guy) but not feel like I'm really enjoying it again. My brother, who recommended it told me to "play it like you read a collection of short stories" and that's worked like a charm for me, doing one hour here and a few hours there etc. Makes me want to go explore the Japanese wilderness too! It's so beautiful!

Both these games crushing the "hyped up tech demo" that is Control as far as I'm concerned (oh look, there's actual gameplay! :O ) and really has helped me get over the frustration and disappointment of that. Domo arrigato, young padawan.
PanicProne

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby behndy » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:24 pm

i've been curious about the new Rez E's.

and.

i feel dirty saying it.

but.

that Lady Dimitrescu thicc'ness.

that.

that might be the persuading factor to grab one.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby PanicProne » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:24 am

:picard: :lol:
PanicProne

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:13 am

MrNovember wrote:I'm nearly done the story and most of the side missions, but I already want to restart and build a character that's like full body and reflexes

So I beat Cyberpunk awhile ago. I chose what I had heard was the "best ending", but it still left a bit of a sour taste. I've been meaning to go back and play the rest of the endings from the point of no return, but I haven't bothered yet. I also haven't made a new character; I figure I might give that a couple months for some more updates to come out.
SPOILER : show
I chose the nomad ending and to comeback as myself. The nomad ending was good with all the loyal family, one of use feeling. Also, the romance with Panam was literally the only video game romance that I''ve experienced that actually felt real in any way. But the choice to come back as myself and die a few months later or let Johnny live left the sour taste. It just felt like I took advantage of the nomads to gain literally nothing for them :idk:

Instead of diving back into Cyberpunk, I decided to try to beat Hollow Knight on the Switch. I absolutely love the atmosphere, the art, and the music, but I am god damn awful at platformers. I spent like 3 hours playing yesterday and literally all I managed to do was lose 1900 souls
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby PanicProne » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:57 pm

MrNovember wrote:I decided to try to beat Hollow Knight on the Switch. I absolutely love the atmosphere, the art, and the music, but I am god damn awful at platformers. I spent like 3 hours playing yesterday and literally all I managed to do was lose 1900 souls

Same here. Both Hollow Knight and Celeste I'd love to try but just know I won't get very far. But that goes for most games for me tbf. I'm a crap gamer really. :lol: :(
PanicProne

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby behndy » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:41 pm

PanicProne wrote::picard: :lol:

i apologize for NOTHING.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby jrfox92 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:56 am

MrNovember wrote:
MrNovember wrote:I'm nearly done the story and most of the side missions, but I already want to restart and build a character that's like full body and reflexes

So I beat Cyberpunk awhile ago. I chose what I had heard was the "best ending", but it still left a bit of a sour taste. I've been meaning to go back and play the rest of the endings from the point of no return, but I haven't bothered yet. I also haven't made a new character; I figure I might give that a couple months for some more updates to come out.
I chose the nomad ending and to comeback as myself. The nomad ending was good with all the loyal family, one of use feeling. Also, the romance with Panam was literally the only video game romance that I''ve experienced that actually felt real in any way. But the choice to come back as myself and die a few months later or let Johnny live left the sour taste. It just felt like I took advantage of the nomads to gain literally nothing for them :idk:

Yeah, the ending was honestly pretty lacking and tonally weird. The whole "you're dying and it's gonna happen eventually" thing feels even dumber when you consider that you spend weeks and months fucking around in game and the only real sign of this impending doom is occasionally going "oh shit" and getting dizzy. I know that CDPR copied a bunch of stuff from Neuromancer/Johnny Mnemonic, and the more I think about it was really a detriment to the story and setting. Still enjoyed the game, but I hope these mythical upcoming DLCs will do something more for the story.
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:00 pm

PanicProne wrote:
MrNovember wrote:I decided to try to beat Hollow Knight on the Switch. I absolutely love the atmosphere, the art, and the music, but I am god damn awful at platformers. I spent like 3 hours playing yesterday and literally all I managed to do was lose 1900 souls

Same here. Both Hollow Knight and Celeste I'd love to try but just know I won't get very far. But that goes for most games for me tbf. I'm a crap gamer really. :lol: :(

I ended up getting really into Hollow Knight. It got so much easier once I started to unlock some more skills; it's a whole different game when you can double jump and climb walls! I managed to get to the first ending and was working my way to the true ending (the White Palace was brutal!), but then I bought Hades and I can't stop playing it. I am absolutely loving Hades! It's such a well designed roguelike; I'm actually excited to die so I can get back and check in with everyone/upgrade things to make the next run easier.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby behndy » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:31 pm

Hades is beauuuuuutifullll. even when i got to where i was making it through pretty much every run, like you said, the anticipation of getting back and doing story exploration/NPC interaction was delightful.

been jamming through the Plus replays of Rogue Legacy lately. hope they port 2 to Switch soon.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:45 pm

behndy wrote:Hades is beauuuuuutifullll. even when i got to where i was making it through pretty much every run, like you said, the anticipation of getting back and doing story exploration/NPC interaction was delightful.

been jamming through the Plus replays of Rogue Legacy lately. hope they port 2 to Switch soon.

Yeah, the characters are great. I was a little hesitant before I grabbed the game because I'm not too interested in Greek mythology, but they did so well with the writing and voice acting for the characters that it really is delightful to interact with everyone. I've only been able to beat through to the Bone Hydra so far. I haven't made it to the third boss yet. I am also much better at surviving if I have some kind of long distance weapon. I think I've made it farthest with the bow or spear.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion