DRAUME

Moderator: Pladask

Re: DRAUME

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:51 am

Grain mode in v2 is definitely more in keeping with a reverb effect. The clear distinctions between grains on v1 seemed kind of out of place. That said, I love the less smeary grains on Bakfram.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pladask » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:27 am

Another restock coming January 31st 10:00pm GMT+1. Newsletter coming on Monday
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby Pladask » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:04 am

Restock Sunday March 21st 10:00pm GMT+1
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby mcatano » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:00 pm

I think I managed to get one this time around! Hurrah!
Congrats on the continued demand / sorry you have to deal with the constant website explosions.
mcatano

committed
committed

Postby Pladask » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:15 pm

mcatano wrote:I think I managed to get one this time around! Hurrah!
Congrats on the continued demand / sorry you have to deal with the constant website explosions.

Sorry YOU have to deal with it. I'm losing my patience with my ISP. Hope to have a new provider for the next restock.
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby cosmicevan » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:55 pm

Was marveling at how nice the Draume is again this evening. It's ambience in a box. The ability to momentarily hold a massive echo and then turn the effect off with trails is just so beautiful.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dickens » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:14 pm

I've only made a few comments on ILF, and two of them were for this pedal... It's just close to my heart. So I wanted to chip in my opinion on the V1/V2 differences.

Everything others have said rings true to me:

MODES

1. Hall: is way more natural and distinctive in V2. In V1, Hall mostly seemed like a neutral platform for adding interest with modulation and texture. I've recently adopted this setting fully wet with no decay, high clock, high AM/FM mod and a touch of texture as a dope modulation that makes me very excited for Falma V2.

2. Metal: is tamed significantly, without the wild volume jump etc. However... I find myself desiring something between V1 and V2 in terms of volatility. Metal in V2 has a sort of muffled tone, which is actually more mellow to my ears than hall—especially with tone rolled off how I like it. I like this mellow version, but it doesn't get that David Lynch vibe that V1 hit—although it was a little impractical.

3. Grain: so beautiful and so natural. Hard to go wrong with this mode imo. Every combination of settings sounds great. However, I would agree that some part of me misses the hard edged grain mode even though it wasn't really a reverb. Primarily, I liked how there was no chopping with the decay down, as this allowed for some interesting, on-the-fly changes to the pedal's behavior. Ultimately, V2 wins for me, though, as it is a reverb. It would be wild to have a way to somehow change the blurriness/hardness of the grains in the mode.

MOD KNOBS ETC.

1. Texture: it is more usable in V2. But, again, there was a volatility in V1 that wasn't quite practical, but was completely unique in its degradation. V2 texture is very balanced, but it's not usually a tone I want a lot of. Again, a part of me misses the ability to go wild with this.

2. AM: this is actually the only clear negative to V2. I deeply miss the AM of V1. There was nothing else like it. Somehow, random AM is more interesting to me than random FM. It's the most existential sound.

3. FM: it's certainly an improvement to not have the distorted little insects when this knob is active. Sometimes it was fun in V1, but the change makes sense.

4. Tone: lpf in V2 seems like the clear winner for this one.

5. Clock: so... maybe I'm just imagining things, but there were some very odd and beautiful types of degradation when changing clock settings with high texture in V1. I guess it adds to stability, but I don't find much destruction in turning this knob with infinite decay. Again, there is some volatility lacking in V2. I think this probably has more to do with texture than clock if I had to guess, but I don't know.

Overall: The signal to noise ratio was a killer for me with V1. I thought I didn't mind it, but then I heard the pedal in headphones and it wasn't workable. V2 is a much more stable and polished pedal. However, and this is a significant however, V1 did many strange things that feel a little too ironed out. The sacrifices mostly seem reasonable. Two things I wish there was a touch more of in V2 are a metal mode that has more of the unpredictability in its clang like V1 and, likewise, more explosiveness and degradation in texture—which happened largely in metal mode. The one thing I absolutely wish was different in V2 is that I wish it had the harder AM modulation of V1.

All things considered, I would agree that V2 is the pedal I'd choose. If polished in a few key ways, however, V1 might have edged ahead.
dickens

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Pladask » Sun May 23, 2021 2:36 pm

Restock tonight 10:00pm GMT+2 (an hour from now!)
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby PanicProne » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:03 pm

Wohoo! Got one! As always had a really hard time deciding on which colourway but ended up going for an oxblood (cause it reminds me of the colour of that TVL Jazzmaster I never bought but really dig the colour on. The name of the colour that is, not the actual colour as much). :P
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby kennethmgreen » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:30 am

Anyone know when the next batch is set to be released?
kennethmgreen

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Blood_mountain » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:25 am

kennethmgreen wrote:Anyone know when the next batch is set to be released?

Hey! As per the latest newsletter on the Stereo Matrise restock, he said he's hoping to restock Draume in March!

They go fast, so be prepped!!
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby kennethmgreen » Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:05 pm

Thank you. I subscribed to the newsletter but may have been after latest issue.
kennethmgreen

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Pladask » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:08 am

They will restock Sunday March 26th 10:00pm (22:00) CET
:) :) :)
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby kennethmgreen » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:06 pm

This makes me very happy:
ORDER NUMBER:
kennethmgreen

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Dandolin » Sun May 14, 2023 12:44 pm

dickens wrote:I've only made a few comments on ILF, and two of them were for this pedal... It's just close to my heart. So I wanted to chip in my opinion on the V1/V2 differences.

Everything others have said rings true to me:

MODES

1. Hall: is way more natural and distinctive in V2. In V1, Hall mostly seemed like a neutral platform for adding interest with modulation and texture. I've recently adopted this setting fully wet with no decay, high clock, high AM/FM mod and a touch of texture as a dope modulation that makes me very excited for Falma V2.

2. Metal: is tamed significantly, without the wild volume jump etc. However... I find myself desiring something between V1 and V2 in terms of volatility. Metal in V2 has a sort of muffled tone, which is actually more mellow to my ears than hall—especially with tone rolled off how I like it. I like this mellow version, but it doesn't get that David Lynch vibe that V1 hit—although it was a little impractical.

3. Grain: so beautiful and so natural. Hard to go wrong with this mode imo. Every combination of settings sounds great. However, I would agree that some part of me misses the hard edged grain mode even though it wasn't really a reverb. Primarily, I liked how there was no chopping with the decay down, as this allowed for some interesting, on-the-fly changes to the pedal's behavior. Ultimately, V2 wins for me, though, as it is a reverb. It would be wild to have a way to somehow change the blurriness/hardness of the grains in the mode.

MOD KNOBS ETC.

1. Texture: it is more usable in V2. But, again, there was a volatility in V1 that wasn't quite practical, but was completely unique in its degradation. V2 texture is very balanced, but it's not usually a tone I want a lot of. Again, a part of me misses the ability to go wild with this.

2. AM: this is actually the only clear negative to V2. I deeply miss the AM of V1. There was nothing else like it. Somehow, random AM is more interesting to me than random FM. It's the most existential sound.

3. FM: it's certainly an improvement to not have the distorted little insects when this knob is active. Sometimes it was fun in V1, but the change makes sense.

4. Tone: lpf in V2 seems like the clear winner for this one.

5. Clock: so... maybe I'm just imagining things, but there were some very odd and beautiful types of degradation when changing clock settings with high texture in V1. I guess it adds to stability, but I don't find much destruction in turning this knob with infinite decay. Again, there is some volatility lacking in V2. I think this probably has more to do with texture than clock if I had to guess, but I don't know.

Overall: The signal to noise ratio was a killer for me with V1. I thought I didn't mind it, but then I heard the pedal in headphones and it wasn't workable. V2 is a much more stable and polished pedal. However, and this is a significant however, V1 did many strange things that feel a little too ironed out. The sacrifices mostly seem reasonable. Two things I wish there was a touch more of in V2 are a metal mode that has more of the unpredictability in its clang like V1 and, likewise, more explosiveness and degradation in texture—which happened largely in metal mode. The one thing I absolutely wish was different in V2 is that I wish it had the harder AM modulation of V1.

All things considered, I would agree that V2 is the pedal I'd choose. If polished in a few key ways, however, V1 might have edged ahead.

great old post - hope you come back and post more!
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to Pladask Elektrisk