What happened to Adventure Audio?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

What happened to Adventure Audio?

Postby zeravla » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:19 pm

Just noticed that Adventure Audio is no more. Never ended up getting any of their stuff but there were always a couple that I wanted to try out. Seemed like one of the more interesting builders out there.
zeravla

Supporter
Supporter

Re: What happened to Adventure Audio?

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:52 pm

Weird. Their last Instagram post is from 11 weeks ago. :idk:

Too much competition? Maybe everybody else's experience w/ 'em mirrors yours? I know mine sure does. :(
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:33 pm

Based on IG story, just a series of unfortunate, unspecified events: https://imgur.com/a/7ESOio8

Outer Rings and Dream Reaper always seemed like cool pedals, but echoing the peeps above me, never pulled the trigger. :duck:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chuckjaywalk » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:07 pm

I had a Glacial Zenith for a couple of weeks and swapped it as partial payment towards my El Capistan. Seemed decent. Always sorry to see a company go.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby cosmicevan » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:07 pm

yeah, sounded like a few poorly timed decisions with the way the world has been going with supply chain. I know they had released that mother tonguer filter that was pretty pricey...the only person I know who got one felt pretty burned by it...had a bunch of issues for his use cases (I think it was a volume or noise problem, can't remember specifically), but he was like I'll never order from them again and he did a pre-order on it.

Not sure if tied to that release, but they eventually started selling off some pedal making gear and decided to close up shop.

I too, had always wanted to check out there stuff, but never did. Could be a symptom of that? Playing in a crowded space where everyone seems to be going for the competition for one reason or another??? I tried some of their stuff at a pedal show and liked it, but again...never bought anything.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:42 pm

I had their Lunge octave chorus, and it was awesome. The Demogorgon was one I always wanted to check out too. Christian seemed like a super nice dude and I was sad to see them close up.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:47 pm

Doh! I always meant to snag something from them, O. R. most likely. I hope they find success post AA....

Just remembered--I def need to grab a Count before they become unobtainium :snax:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby manymanyhaha » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:19 pm

Have had a Dream Reaper and Outer Rings and both were awesome but ultimately not what I was looking for. The Outer Rings was really more a fuzz that could do ring mod than the other way around and had a little bit of a muff-ish quality to it. But with so many options on it, it could do a lot of things.

Currently have a Mother Tongue that is in the "To Sell" stack, when I finally get to it, hopefully soon. Didn't really fill a sonic need for me after playing with it. The only one on Reverb is asking twice what I paid for it which, I'm not a scalper but if that is what its worth, will be nice to offset some of my gear losses which oh my, this is not a cheap hobby. :lol:

Anyway, will definitely miss Adventure Audio. They made some distinctly original boxes for sure
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:23 pm

Yeah, I liked The Outer Rings when I borrowed lordgalvar's. I just wouldn't want it as my only ring modulator. It's definitely more of a flavor pedal. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby manymanyhaha » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:44 pm

I agree, if the desire is for ring modulation then you are probably looking for something that has a more classic ring modulation sound. Even the Enzo, to me, fits the category a bit more distinctly.
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:58 am

Chankgeez wrote:Yeah, I liked The Outer Rings when I borrowed lordgalvar's. I just wouldn't want it as my only ring modulator. It's definitely more of a flavor pedal. :snax:

BRING THE RINGMOD!!!
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to General Gear