BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Moderator: Pladask

Re: BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Postby Dowi » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:30 pm

This report makes me want one even if I don't need one.
Grat comparison Joel!
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby cosmicevan » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:27 pm

This evening, I was exploring these pedals and I noticed a really cool thing that BAKLENGS offers that the other 2 don't, which is setting no ocatve up or down and setting no forward or reverse delay speed. Then set the time and the loop to a smidge on the CCW side (like 11:55), set clock to taste (I have it about 2 oclock) and you get this really cool stutter like effect on your signal.

Add that with the micro sampling capability in the left foot switch with the boxed infinity and this thing is in stamme[n] territory. What a phenomenal pedal. Pedal of 2021 without question.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:19 am

I have to try those settings out: Thank you cosmicevan!

Also with the random/center direction switch: set time fully cw to have only stretching, no loop/feedback (12o'clock).
This way you can create a cool s&h effect! Clock acts a bit like s&h speed control and with the infinity closed loop you can then freeze the chunk you like.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby cosmicevan » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:34 am

thank you @gila_crisis for the settings you shared on IG and here!!!! what an amazing and versatile pedal. Now to only figure out what settings to leave it at.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:02 am

cosmicevan wrote:thank you @gila_crisis for the settings you shared on IG and here!!!! what an amazing and versatile pedal. Now to only figure out what settings to leave it at.

You're welcome! Well... unlike Bakfram, I still have to find a set and forget setting on Baklengs.. it's so fun to play with the switches! :!!!:
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby gila_crisis » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:02 am

cosmicevan wrote:thank you @gila_crisis for the settings you shared on IG and here!!!! what an amazing and versatile pedal. Now to only figure out what settings to leave it at.

You're welcome! Well... unlike Bakfram, I still have to find a set and forget setting on Baklengs.. it's so fun to play with the switches! :!!!:
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby mcatano » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:00 am

Grabbed a baklengs from the restock yesterday, and now drenched in regret for hemming/hawing and eventually missing out on the bakvendt years back. WHAT GOOD IS TWO OUT OF THREE I ASSK YOU.

where is my change.org login
reissue
please
help
mcatano

committed
committed

Postby oldangelmidnight » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:21 am

There will never be another first run.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:29 pm

but i want to stop at 2 out of three and...y'all are not helping :lol:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:11 pm

I went for all 3. No Ragrats. They are all different and special in their own way...just like my mom tells me I am...special that is...in my own way.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Lebowsky » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:02 am

Can the Baklengs be powered in a daisy chain config with other pedals without problem or should it be isolated?
Gibson Ripper + GK 1001RB-II / 210RBH / 115RBH + GK 400RB / Bag End S15-D / S15X-D
Lebowsky

committed
committed

Postby gila_crisis » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:16 pm

Lebowsky wrote:Can the Baklengs be powered in a daisy chain config with other pedals without problem or should it be isolated?

Yes it can! I do power mine in a daisy chain and it's working like charme! :!!!:

cosmicevan wrote:I went for all 3. No Ragrats. They are all different and special in their own way...just like my mom tells me I am...special that is...in my own way.

I have only the Bakfram and Baklengs, but I fully agree with you, each iteration this series is different enough, and each has its own character. For example I like better Bakfram with octave down for noise application, since it has a more bass heavy/fuller sounds, while Baklengs is great for ambient mangling thanks to the close loop infinity.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby Blood_mountain » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:36 am

I nabbed a Baklengs from this latest drop - Green Faceplate, Bubblegum pink knobs! I have a Fabrikat and didn't jump for the Baklengs on any of the previous batches because I know there's some significant overlap. For anyone who has both, did you keep both? Did you favour one over the other? I'm thinking that for my purposes, I don't need both, but I'm not sure which one I'll keep. It should be here on Thursday, so I guess I'll see then what I personally feel, but wanted to see what others have felt.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:34 pm

idk, i bought into the first bakvendt run bc ILF & @Ugly Casanova finish :joy: and it seemed like a cheap way to get a taste for fabrikat (it was!), but i really wanted Fabrikat, and it didn't disappoint when i eventually went for that.

i'll never get rid of bakvendt bc ILF & @Ugly Casanova finish :joy: but i definitely reach for fabrikat more when i want that vibe/functionality.

i mean, i understand there are differences in functionality and tone, but once i got a little bit of distance from the granular/glitch phenomenon, i realized that, for me, many of these pedals are relatively slight variations on a theme in terms of musical utility, even if my tweaker mind could get lost at any time @ play in the fields of wondrous distinction that is absolutely there if you want to tap down down into the warren....

bakfram i also hit on, but i have a harder time justifying why - at the time i think i had convinced myself that feedback was a factor i needed to camp out with and have starry nights with, and that, combined with the changes/improvements to bakvendt, just pushed me over the edge into yes - but if i'm honest, it didn't really change my granular/glitch world or outlook, and it would be the first to go if i had to pare the pladask section of the smaugcave, because it's neither the artifact of that first ILF & finish by @Ugly Casanova :joy: nor fabrikat. i get why people dig it tho for sure. i also get why people like both it and baklengs too, but for me that was just a bridge too far....

so to sum up - bakvendt 4ever! fabrikat, probs also 4ever until Knut or someone else outdoes it. bakfram - 4ever, if smaug wins out, but also probs will have to go at some point....
Last edited by Dandolin on Thu May 04, 2023 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:55 pm

I have a first-batch Bakvendt, too, so this is probably less appropriate to the more powered-up Baklengs, but I like to pull Bakvendt out for live use 'cause sometimes I just want fewer options in the moment. (It's also useful as a boost, I've found.) Noodling/recording at home I'm more likely to go with Fabrikat and twiddle/explore away.
solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
duo (electroacoustic vibration exploration): https://wenderlypark.bandcamp.com/
trio (tapes/voice/clarinet/synth/poems): https://ourwaytofall.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/

I also help co-ordinate Okta, ILF's collaborative community ambient project: https://okta.bandcamp.com
Heraclitus Akimbo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Pladask Elektrisk