New gear announcements for 2022

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: New gear announcements for 2022

Postby goosekevin » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:15 pm

Pepe wrote:Those Maestro pedals are really nice. The first Gibson stuff that I would buy. But I'd rather like to see reincarnations of the Ringmodulator, Envelope Modifier, Phase Shifter, Octave Box and the Brassmaster. :snax:

yeah reproductions or modern interpretations of the old maestro things would be more interesting to me
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby echorec » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:25 pm

Seymour Duncan has discontinued the Vapor Trail Deluxe. I don't know if they're going to fulfill any more orders on this or not. I'm curious if sales were sagging, or if it was a parts crunch issue and they just decided the original was a safer product to keep producing. With extended delay times, I wonder if that meant needing more chips than they could source.

In sort of related news, Cymatics FM is developing a Thermae-inspired plugin for people who wanted filtered, octave-jumping delays on a budget.

https://cymatics.fm/collections/store/p ... iting-list

I've been wanting to have something like this on hand, but also, I don't want to hear shitty beats with a bunch of glittering, hiccuping, echo spasms.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:09 pm

Pepe wrote: I'd rather like to see reincarnations of the Ringmodulator, Envelope Modifier, Phase Shifter, Octave Box and the Brassmaster. :snax:

qft
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Confuzzled » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:39 am

goosekevin wrote:
Pepe wrote:Those Maestro pedals are really nice. The first Gibson stuff that I would buy. But I'd rather like to see reincarnations of the Ringmodulator, Envelope Modifier, Phase Shifter, Octave Box and the Brassmaster. :snax:

yeah reproductions or modern interpretations of the old maestro things would be more interesting to me

The Fuzz Phazzer or any retro pedal in a cool retro housing which we probably won't get because Gibson is doing a cookie cutter production enclosures with retro graphics.
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Postby Gone Fission » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:07 am

Walrus M1 stereo multi mod got introduced to go with their R1 and D1. I haven’t listened to this yet, just some IG snippets, so I’ll catch this later. Snippets seemed pleasant, but didn’t send me looking for more info or clips. Just posting this vid ‘cause I saw it linked elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=9DljKE_CnmM
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:52 am

sounds purty, but not distinctive, tho it's hard to tell with any certainty given all the other pedals in use.

pretty much seems like what i'd expect from this series, but i'd be interested to hear a demo soloing the pedal.

not to bash Walrus, because i found the others in this series to sound nice too, but for my purposes this series is a whole lotta close-but-no-cigar because i need my pedals to bring the weird :idk:
Last edited by Dandolin on Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:12 am

Dandolin wrote:sounds purty, but not distinctive, tho it's hard to tell with any certainty given all the other pedals in use.

pretty much seems like what i'd expect from this series, but i'd be interested to hear a demo soloing the pedal.

not to bash Wlarus, because i found the others in this series to sound nice too, but for my purposes this series is a whole lotta close-but-no-cigar because i need my pedals to bring the weird :idk:

Yeah and.. No flanger? No ring mod? :idk:
NOT.
FOR.
ME.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby manymanyhaha » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:25 am

echorec wrote:In sort of related news, Cymatics FM is developing a Thermae-inspired plugin for people who wanted filtered, octave-jumping delays on a budget.

https://cymatics.fm/collections/store/p ... iting-list

I'm interested in trying this out, have not had a Thermae yet............... :snax:
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:58 pm

The new octave thingie from MXR looks interesting.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:23 pm

yah - i'd like to hear a comparo with the TC Sub'n'Up (ugh that name)
it's have to be pretty cheap for me to move on one tho :idk:
tangent alert - what do people think of the latest iteration of the Pitch Fork? :snax:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DOSS BS-1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:14 pm

Fender announced a new set of affordable pedals

https://guitar.com/news/gear-news/fende ... of-pedals/

They look decent for an affordable line. At least they didn't release them as Squier pedals :lol: :lol:
-
-
---"Actually I just like fuzz as a friend"---
DOSS BS-1

committed
committed

Postby Never » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:21 pm

Lol, I would definitely buy a Squier pedal tho...

Gone Fission wrote:The SCF I’m a bit skeptical about. Chances are they watered it down to use the cheap, noisy Cool Audio BBDs. I hope to be proven wrong, but then again, giving money to Uli . . .

I read somewhere once that the original delay chips they used weren't BBDs and are way way out of production, but I don't actually know anything :idk: I got one of the originals recently tho if anyone needs a gutshot
Never

committed
committed

Postby chuckjaywalk » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:37 pm

I am happy to see the ~$100 pedal market heating up with full-sized pedals with top-mounted jacks. Perfect for the sort of pedals I never keep (chorus, flanger, distortion).
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby qersty » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:14 pm

Dowi wrote:Yeah and.. No flanger? No ring mod? :idk:
NOT.
FOR.
ME.

Pin this post to the top of the forum :lol:
Dandolin wrote:yah - i'd like to hear a comparo with the TC Sub'n'Up (ugh that name)
it's have to be pretty cheap for me to move on one tho :idk:
tangent alert - what do people think of the latest iteration of the Pitch Fork? :snax:

I have been wondering about that too and really wondered what the cross modulation does. I think the sub n up is pretty different from the new mxr thing. I wasnt that into the mxr, it felt too bloated to have all that and fuzz on top
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Gone Fission » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:44 pm

Never wrote:
Gone Fission wrote:The SCF I’m a bit skeptical about. Chances are they watered it down to use the cheap, noisy Cool Audio BBDs. I hope to be proven wrong, but then again, giving money to Uli . . .

I read somewhere once that the original delay chips they used weren't BBDs and are way way out of production, but I don't actually know anything :idk: I got one of the originals recently tho if anyone needs a gutshot

Panasonic MN3007s (or their rebranded labeling as TDA2107 that Phillips) are gone but Xvive has a current production version and Xvive’s BBDs are very high quality. It’s a more expensive part but well worth it. And the whole point of the SCF is very high quality, low noise audio—noisy Cool Audio chips is a great way to destroy value in that expensive legacy brand Uli bought.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear