Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help gr

Postby manymanyhaha » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:59 pm

goosekevin wrote:been on a bit of a buying spree over the last couple months. looks like my band might break up and its all a bit stressful and didnt touch my guitar for the last few months. that + long lockdown has meant buying things which has been a nice way to re-engage in music. recently picked up a green ringer clone and a crybaby mini which are both fun.

rubberneck on the way. wanted to try a new delay, feeling boxed in by the sound of my elcap and the limitations of my rainbow machine which i have been using as my main delay

also got a freqout on the way. i used to own one and have really missed it so am going to hang onto this one. i often get in the habit of buying/selling/rebuying the same things once and when i get the second i hang onto it.

also ordered an IVP preamp by dirty sock effects which im super excited about it. wanted to get asurveyor from EAE but they are tricky to get in aus and the prices were about the same between the two. keen to try it out and the profits went to charity which is sick.

FreqOut has been one that I've wanted to try for awhile, especially since I've gone ampless. But I am really curious about the Dirty Socks Effects IVP. First I've heard of that one. Did a google search, no info. Have a link?

Have not bought anything for quite awhile until this popped back on my radar over the weekend. Don't know why this is the first time I've acquired one but looking forward to it

manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:10 pm

been a minute since I posted an update. I've been on quite a splurge lately. Just had a birthday and was annoyed that I missed a small batch amp drop so went spending that budget elsewhere only to have someone reach out to me and offer the amp at cost. Definitely putting the post-person to work lately...

This last month has been:
Black Math - I gotta stop buying Muffs, but this one is pretty beefy. I'm not going for the Jack White thing but this definitely does it. Sounds really excellent on bass.

Dwarfcraft is on my perma-watch list. I mostly missed the boat when they were active, and I find aen's work to still be more forward thinking than the average bear...when I find something listed at a fair price I can't skip it. Was pleased to see this priced nice with so many "The Internet"s popping up lately tempting me. This one definitely is showing it's age in oxidation when you look closely, but works perfectly and sounds beastly.

Having largely missed the golden age of the small builders, add Dunwich to the list of perma-watch stuff. This one popped up and some friends tipped me on it since I've been seeking the big box Volt Thrower for a while. Spent a tiny more than I wanted to on this one, but with prices on Dunwich going where they have been going, this was a total steal. Magic built oldie...just got this yesterday and need to put it through it's paces when I catch some time, but first blush is OH YEAH!

this guy showed up today. Got lucky to snag one of the Dirged Out Golden Guillotines. I've never tried the regular so can't comment on how much the added knobs add to the pedal suffice to say that this is an excellent distortion that has a pretty wide palate of sounds. The bottom dirge knob (smoothness or whatever) doesn't change things in any kind of significant way. The starve is nice to have since the gain stage is so massive, but it doesn't get as wrecked as I had hoped. Then again, I only was able to spend about 20 minutes with it so far...another that sounds incredible on bass.

still waiting on the mailman for a few other delights from my dayweek of splurge
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goroth » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:39 am

Damn dude!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby goosekevin » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:14 am

manymanyhaha wrote:
FreqOut has been one that I've wanted to try for awhile, especially since I've gone ampless. But I am really curious about the Dirty Socks Effects IVP. First I've heard of that one. Did a google search, no info. Have a link?

[/img]

Freqout rules!! definitely worth a try

Dirty Sock IVP is a small run of them using AionFX PCBs by Dirty Sock partnered with Music Is Bad who make stuff and give profits to charity
https://musicisbad.bigcartel.com/product/ivp
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby manymanyhaha » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:33 am

goosekevin wrote:
manymanyhaha wrote:

[/img]

Freqout rules!! definitely worth a try

Dirty Sock IVP is a small run of them using AionFX PCBs by Dirty Sock partnered with Music Is Bad who make stuff and give profits to charity
https://musicisbad.bigcartel.com/product/ivp

Ok, bought! Thanks for the heads up.
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:55 am

cosmicevan wrote:(sick list of pedals)

:drool:
What a haul man.
Year of the dirt keeps on keeping on.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Never » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:13 pm

Damn didn’t know Dirge Golden Guillotines were happening! The things you miss without IG

I was just playing my GG the other day and remembering how much I like it. I adjust the internal bias trim a lot, if that’s on the outside now that’d be super nice.
Never

committed
committed

Postby JTurbide » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:39 pm

Got myself a carvin dcm150 power amp and it sounds really good with my SMS CTP and hiwatt 4x12 :joy:

Might be excitement bias but I think the sound is better than through my quilter interblock fx return :)
JTurbide

experienced
experienced

Postby goroth » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:46 am

Better than quilter you say? Them's fighting words @coldbrightsunlight!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby gila_crisis » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:50 am

this arrived yesterday at my place: the Earthbound Audio Iron Pig!
I was lucky enough to get this one just before the Ida Storm flooded Mark's house. It's a b-stock unit with few paint flaws (but it's added beauty).
I'm a huge fan of EA, and love every pedal I got from Mark.
ip.jpg
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby JTurbide » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:41 am

goroth wrote:Better than quilter you say? Them's fighting words @coldbrightsunlight!

:lol: I love Quilter, I am thinking about getting an aviator cub as a smaller more portable rig. The interblock is just so small, without much knowledge on the subject I think the carvin is class AB, and the interblock class D. The interblock must work with a chip of some sort, while I can see bigger components in the carvin. As I said it might be biaised because I just received it but I think it sound a bit better and also feels better when I play. It is often recommended on forums and apparently even recommended by Bob Bradshaw (CAE and rack gear genius). Also went from 33w to 150w :snax:
JTurbide

experienced
experienced

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:49 pm

:lol:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby JTurbide » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:06 pm

Add a Quadraverb to the rack :D !
I'll now have 1U left. Might go for a multi-fx unit with a great chorus or maybe I'll have to figure out the whole mixer/loop thing and see if I need a slightly bigger rack (or another small one)... :excellent:
JTurbide

experienced
experienced

Postby K2000 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:13 pm

gila_crisis wrote:this arrived yesterday at my place: the Earthbound Audio Iron Pig!
I was lucky enough to get this one just before the Ida Storm flooded Mark's house. It's a b-stock unit with few paint flaws (but it's added beauty).
ip.jpg

Did you order directly from Mark? I periodically look on Reverb and at his online store and I don't remember the last time I saw anything was available.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby gila_crisis » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:46 am

K2000 wrote:
gila_crisis wrote:this arrived yesterday at my place: the Earthbound Audio Iron Pig!
ip.jpg

Did you order directly from Mark? I periodically look on Reverb and at his online store and I don't remember the last time I saw anything was available.

I always order directly from Mark online bigcartel store, and follow him on instagram, so I see when his pedals are available (like in the case this Iron Pig, but I really would like a Pale Mare at some point).
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear