The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby Eivind August » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:05 pm

But you know.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby jrfox92 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:36 pm

MrNovember wrote:
Achtane wrote:Apparently there's a penis customization option in that game? :lol:
Finally my dream of being a nipple-less cyberwoman with a mondo cyberdong can be a cyber reality.

Is there dialogue related to cyber penis size? What about circumcybercision?

I can verify that you can indeed customize the type and size of your penis. It's not exactly extensive customization though. There are two types (circumsized or not) and three sizes. Only one type of vagina. There's also three sizes of breasts and three sizes of female nipples (male nipples are just on or off). I haven't reached a point where any of this actually comes up in the game though and 98% of what I've played has been first person.

Yeah, I also wondered what the point of it was.
I've only gone through the first mission, so I wonder if there's supposed to be some sort of, like, POV sex scene mechanic or something? Otherwise it's just...weird.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:59 pm

MrNovember wrote:
Achtane wrote:Apparently there's a penis customization option in that game? :lol:
Finally my dream of being a nipple-less cyberwoman with a mondo cyberdong can be a cyber reality.

Is there dialogue related to cyber penis size? What about circumcybercision?

I can verify that you can indeed customize the type and size of your penis. It's not exactly extensive customization though. There are two types (circumsized or not) and three sizes. Only one type of vagina. There's also three sizes of breasts and three sizes of female nipples (male nipples are just on or off). I haven't reached a point where any of this actually comes up in the game though and 98% of what I've played has been first person.

You can also turn off female nipples. Very important.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:45 pm

I think we can safely say the "point" of the genital customisation was because it was really good press for them about 8 months ago. I'm a while into the game and it's yet to come up anywhere whatsoever, and wouldn't really fit their inclusivity thing if it did tbh.

Otherwise very impressed with how it runs, got everything cranked, DLSS on quality, full RTX, sticks comfortably around 60fps for me and looks better than it did at E3 a year ago. Only had a few minor visual bugs but it's whatever, very engrossing even if the cars feel pretty wank.

The Game Awards was shit, only good thing was the Disco Elysium final cut, where the console folk get it and it has full voice acting. No Elden Ring :cry: :cry: :cry:

PS If the new Mass Effect is back on Reapers (which it is, they're in the trailer) I'm not even considering playing it. Waste hundreds of hours of my time on three games where I defeat an intergalactic threat once and for all and make a rassclat sequel that has them back in it? Get to fuck Bioware, absolute hacks.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:59 pm

Olin wrote:The Game Awards was shit, only good thing was the Disco Elysium final cut, where the console folk get it and it has full voice acting. No Elden Ring :cry: :cry: :cry:

Honestly, I only ended up watching it because I was watching Valkyrae (who also ended up being the winner for content creator of the year) stream at the time.
I was interested in a few of the games showcased, like that L4D not-exactly-but-totally-a-sequel, Open Roads, Endless Dungeon, Season, and Road 96.
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:17 pm

I'm just here for Sephiroth in Smash. :idk:
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:11 pm

About 20 hours into 2077 now, and I've been really lucky with no crashes and definitely less bugs than everyone else seems to encounter (although minor ones happen). It seems poorly optimized though. Not even talking about the disastrous base old Gen console reports I've seen. With a dual core rtx 2080 with an i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM and a fairly fast SSD running in 2k on high-ish ray tracing settings I'm getting 70-60ish FPS when not much is going on (indoors or in less crowded areas) with dips down to 50 when things get really hectic. Even went down to 40 at some point in the Chinatown looking part of town in a fight. I mean, there was probably 50 NPCs on screen plus all the light effects and verticality going on in that area, so I'm not super surprised. It's definitely more than playable but I was hoping it would be more stable. Might also just feel choppy after years of playing overwatch at 120FPS (120Hz screen). I guess you get used to a certain framerate. Really enjoying the game though! Invested in the world, for sure. Hope they keep on patching on the reg, especially for those unfortunate enough to get screwed on base consoles.

I wanted to play Nomad first. Tried it for a while. Wasn't feeling it. Decided to go street kid but GF asked if she could help me create the character for Corpo since I wasn't so keen on that life path. Got really pulled into that intro as opposed to nomad, so that's what I ended up playing. Smart and techy V. Corpo and hacking gameplay was lowest on my list of playthroughs, but I really dig this character :snax:

Also, I spend too much time in photo mode. I get a new desktop background every day. :lol:

A couple of screen grabs:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:34 pm

There was a patch yesterday for the PS4, which I thought was mainly for the BD animation/epilepsy concerns, but they must have made a few gameplay changes. Much more smooth now. Still some glitches and weird shit happening, but frame rate is definitely up and the glitches seem to be less severe and frequent.

I am also going with Corpo V. Seemed like the most interesting starting point to me. I was somewhat planning on playing all three intros to pick the one I liked the best, but I never bothered. I'm focusing on stealth and hacking and found a tech sniper rifle that is amazing. When I fail at sneaking, I just hide somewhere and blast people through cover and walls
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:43 pm

Act 1 spoiler:

I was determined to get out of arasaka tower without being detected once. It took so many tries. Guess I suck at sneaking. Playing on hard difficulty, but dunno how much that changes sneaking. Was fun though! TENSE
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:59 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Act 1 spoiler:

I was determined to get out of arasaka tower without being detected once. It took so many tries. Guess I suck at sneaking. Playing on hard difficulty, but dunno how much that changes sneaking. Was fun though! TENSE

I did the same! It was tense. I finally just turned the difficulty down to normal. I was finding enemies were way too bullet spongy for my liking on hard and I was having to repeat and reload way too much. I enjoy a challenge, but I also want to enjoy the story and experience
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:45 pm

This one mission I played today had the most insane Blade Runner vibes. So good! I wish it was a longer mission... Had to grab a pic at that location though. Savor the moment! :lol:

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:23 am

I've dumped 95 hours into the game so far.
There are a lot of things I don't care for, but they're also things I figured wouldn't be the way I wanted, anyhow. Overall enjoyable experience.
Went with the nomad path and honestly have spent most of my time being an absolute menace with a katana or grad over trying to stealth through missions that didn't include a bonus for it. :lol: :success:

Obligatory screenshot folder:
SPOILER : show
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:50 am

I managed to get a silenced sniper and a smart sniper in the same mission and they are both amazing. So now I essentially try to snipe everyone and if anyone gets too close, mantis blades!
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Schlatte » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:16 am

Question to the american gamer gang - is the "KFC Console with integrated Chicken warmer" actually a thing? https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/23/tech ... index.html
Good Deals with: All these fine people!

MOM-D Shark Tank is back! Open Source Designs for musical pleasure! Back in the Tank! Go check it out!
Schlatte

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:50 am

I can't get over how good cyberpunk looks :drool:

Kind of wish there was a B&W mode, even if all the colorful neon is great. :animal:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion