125b top mount jacks - recommendations?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: 125b top mount jacks - recommendations?

Postby manymanyhaha » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:53 am

Actually, The Matthew Effects that I was interested in was The Whaler. The demos I saw, it has a sound I like but it dawned on me that it did not stray from that one sound. Still, I'm curious about it so I've got in on my watchlist, if I can pick one up cheap.......

Had a Doom Bloom for a number of years, didn't ever keep it on my board. It had one sound that was similar to The Sweet to my ears that I really liked. Need to research the difference between the Algal and the Doom.
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby lost in music » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:57 pm

Weird that the Matthews Broker is apparently just a tubescreamer x bluesbreaker. Is it possible to get the gated fuzzy tones from the demo with those two pedals? I've never really fucked around much with either of them.
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby goroth » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:17 am

manymanyhaha wrote:Actually, The Matthew Effects that I was interested in was The Whaler. The demos I saw, it has a sound I like but it dawned on me that it did not stray from that one sound. Still, I'm curious about it so I've got in on my watchlist, if I can pick one up cheap.......

Had a Doom Bloom for a number of years, didn't ever keep it on my board. It had one sound that was similar to The Sweet to my ears that I really liked. Need to research the difference between the Algal and the Doom.

It's all about the choke switch! That'll get you some really gnarly sounds.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby manymanyhaha » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:15 pm

Maybe.....

manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby mcatano » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:00 am

Based on the list of stuff in your original post, I'd suggest checking out the Revv G4. It can definitely cover the quicksand/shoegaze axis.
mcatano

committed
committed

Postby Lebowsky » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:31 am

Fuzzrocious has a few
Gibson Ripper + GK 1001RB-II / 210RBH / 115RBH + GK 400RB / Bag End S15-D / S15X-D
Lebowsky

committed
committed

Postby manymanyhaha » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:07 am

mcatano wrote:Based on the list of stuff in your original post, I'd suggest checking out the Revv G4. It can definitely cover the quicksand/shoegaze axis.

Lebowsky wrote:Fuzzrocious has a few

Had not heard of Revv before. Will check those out.

The last couple of days, been starting to wonder if I just need to go in a completely different direction with this slot, like a pair of Dr Scientist Dusk filters or something. I've never not had dirt on my board but I use it so little these days...... I feel dirty, guilty almost, for this thought that maybe I wouldn't have any fuzz or distortion or overdrive on my board at all. Is this evolution, or something more sinister? Bwahahahaaa......
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Fuzzrociouspedals » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:35 pm

From our Fuzzrocious line, I would look at Baby Furnace for really aggressive, splay, gated followed by 420 FUZZ for a little less aggressive in the splat.

Li'l Fella can do really, really low gain all the way through solid distortion. The gate toggle will do the 'gated fuzz' thing.
[b]FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS: http://www.fuzzrociouspedals.com[b]
Fuzzrociouspedals

committed
committed

Postby manymanyhaha » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:11 pm

Fuzzrociouspedals wrote:
Li'l Fella can do really, really low gain all the way through solid distortion. The gate toggle will do the 'gated fuzz' thing.

That one caught my attention for its versatility and have it on the list, thanks!
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear