Nerds who dis Godsmack together discuss soundtracks together

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Nerds who dis Godsmack together discuss soundtracks toge

Postby Dowi » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:42 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:i'm bad at paying attention to soundtracks, but one movie where I remember enjoying the soundtrack in particular recently is There Will Be Blood. Turns out the score is by Jonny Greenwood. What a second life that guy has!

Saaaaaame! I didn't knew it was his work until I checked. I remember watching the movie and when the track "Proven Lands" came in I was strucked.

Re og post:
For notable Soundtracks you should check some of Morricone's work. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion are among the most well known, but there's literally a ton of other amazing ones.

I remember enjoying a lot the ost from 28 days later I think it's from John Murphy.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:46 pm

This was, of course, a famously "problematic" score, though thirty-plus years along, it sounds maybe less jarring than it would have at the time. Plus, if you consider any telling of 1984 to be an allegory of the time it was made as well as Orwell's projections from 1948, this sounds very appropriately of its time.

I'd daresay the movie is much better than it was treated on release. John Hurt forever!
solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
duo (electroacoustic vibration exploration): https://wenderlypark.bandcamp.com/
trio (tapes/voice/clarinet/synth/poems): https://ourwaytofall.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/

I also help co-ordinate Okta, ILF's collaborative community ambient project: https://okta.bandcamp.com
Heraclitus Akimbo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby qersty » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:09 am

I like a lot of anime soundtracks. I used to listen to the Akira soundtrack (technically i think it is the score? the one with the power level cover) to death, ghost in the shell is a really good one too. I love weird bells and chimes. Sister Wendy's scor for A Clockwork Orange is one of my all time favourites and to me it outweighs the movie.

Lastly, what probably is my favourite album of all time is supposedly a soundtrack of a movie. I have yet to find proof of the movie even existing, however. Wurdah Itah by Christian Vander is just fantastic. Maybe it won't count though because it is obviously just a Magma album he sold as a score to get the job. It even has a plot that is non-related to the movie...

Side note: I mentioned UG in a post today; Toto's Dune soundtrack? :lol:
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:57 pm

Temptation of Christ by Peter Gabriel is a fave, I find the movie mostly terrible other than it pissed people off. However the sound track is really cool and stands up on it's own, looks of cool world music instrumentation, also you can still hear it's influence on most soundtracks to this day that take place in the middle east or take place in the "biblical" time period.
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Warpsmasher » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:03 am

The first Star Wars soundtrack was a popular (double) record in my house as a kid, pre-eighties.
Arrival is definitely amongst the best of recent ones.
Favorite overall is Dead Man by Neil Young.
Favorite Morricone is Legend of 1900 by so very far:

Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby manymanyhaha » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:31 am

The Power Of The Dog has a great soundtrack. Haven't done the background research behind the music but it fits the beautiful landscapes and tenor perfectly.
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Phosphene Audio » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:50 am

the score for Cronenberg's Crash is pretty rad:

Phosphene Audio

committed
committed

Postby PanicProne » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:36 pm

So we watched Arrival the other day and I can only say to all who've mentioned it how right you were. Really good film and sounded amazing. Enjoyed La La Land too btw! Fun to watch and cool music!
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Previous

Return to Music