The Video Game thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Video Game thread

Postby MrNovember » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:28 am

jrfox92 wrote:
MrNovember wrote:I've been enjoying Watch Dogs Legion quite a bit. I wasn't planning on playing it, but I picked it up when Cyberpunk was delayed again. It's a lot of fun recruiting random people of the street and to just mess with people by hacking everything around them. Overall, it's a really easy game though. The spiderbot is insanely overpowered. I strongly suggest playing on hard and with permadeath enabled.

I enjoyed the first two but I'm gonna hold off on getting Legion until it's on sale and the DLC stuff has released since I heard the original story is pretty generic while the DLC is supposed to bring back characters from the previous games and expand their stories.

I have basically completely ignored the main quest line and have been just exploring and recruiting people. The parts I have played were certainly quite generic, but I wasn't exactly expecting a deep storyline here.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby PanicProne » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:33 am

Finally started playing Control the other day. Not really sold on the gameplay yet but the sounds and lighting is awesome!
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:12 am

yeah seems the control combat is really marmite. i loved a lot about the game, but the combat is so frenetic and the dust effects so voluminous that keeping track of what's going on on my small tv was really tricky at times. i would have liked to play it on a powerful PC with a decent monitor inches from my face, as opposed to my crappy tv meters away.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby PanicProne » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:46 pm

So a couple more hours into Control and I fucking hate it now, haha. I really want to like, even love it but it's just so frustrating. The gameplay is still shit. It lags like you wouldn't beliieeeve and the potential of the story is just constantly ruined by the bland presentation. It's just not fun to play. Only reason I keep going is because I don't want to have looked fwd to it this much, paid for it and then not finish it. But yeah, might actually just call quits on it and go for something else instead.
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:03 pm

I really enjoyed Control. The gameplay was a little frustrating at times, but I liked the story and the atmosphere enough to look past it. Flying around that brutalist architecture was great.

I'm many more hours into Watch Dogs Legion and it's gotten really stale. The story is incredibly predictable, I saw the "twist" coming since probably less than an hour into the game, and every mission is essentially a slight variation on: head to a location, sneak or shoot your way in, and hack or steal something. Still fun messing with people and sneaking around, but I'm basically just trying to rush through the rest of the story so I can play something else/just wait for Cyberpunk
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Olin » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:00 pm

I'm replaying Control after upgrading to a Turing class PC, playing with everything maxed out. DLSS is incredible technology, far more impressed with that than raytracing. I quite liked Control though, looking forward to the DLC's I haven't touched, it's just SCP Foundation: The Game ain't it? Combat is pretty vanilla but I find it satisfying enough :idk: .

I'm expecting something similar in Cyberpunk next month, good game in terms of story and design with quite vanilla combat. I'll pick that over combat > story any time.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:34 am

I will keep this spoiler free.

Earlier tonight I just quit Outer Wilds. Been playing a week and was right at the end. Strange experience overall. Wasn't sure I would dig it at first, but pushed through the first 45 minutes or so and started having fun. The next day it really got it's hooks in me with the general space exploration and unveiling some truly amazing moments. I kept wanting more, so see and explore and be wowed again and again. So many frustrations near the end had me thinking about how the game wasn't respecting my time. One puzzle solution was overlooked out of simplicity, as I was trying these elaborate plans to do something specific when the actual solution was in front of me the entire time. Several times I would make progress and then run into a limitation so to speak, and have to repeat many steps to get to where I was just for the last insignificant dialogue. It just wore me out. Some of the harder puzzles not clicking right away is on me. But now I know I have to do a few certain things and I just can't be bothered. Hit my quota and punched out. I can't recall any other game with such highs that lost me at the end.

On to something else now...
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jrfox92 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:50 am

Apparently I bought Far Cry 5 a few months ago and forgot about it.
It's actually kinda fun, it came with the space DLC thing, so I've just been running around this Montana map with space lasers causing cultists to explode on impact, so that's cool.
Story's not that interesting, and it's frustrating when I'm forced to do some story mission that I got roped into just because I've spent too long in an area, other than that it's alright, mind numbing.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BlackOceans » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:21 pm

Xbox over here: NASCAR Heat, Witcher 3, my usual 1 hr of RDR2 before getting overwhelmed and shutting it off (since the first day it came out hahaha), and missing good Fallout alot. Currently trying to get into Ghost Recon. Suggestions for anything to try along those lines? I'll look forward to one or two games a year and then get bored. Haven't finished one since Fallout 4.
BlackOceans

involved
involved

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:40 pm

Cyberpunk in 1 hours 15 minutes. HNNNNGHHH!
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:52 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Cyberpunk in 1 hours 15 minutes. HNNNNGHHH!

Awh man, I've got to wait another 6 hours. I also have to work tomorrow so I won't be playing until after work. So it's more like 20.5 hours. But I took Friday and Monday off, so I will be playing a ton soon
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:06 pm

MrNovember wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:Cyberpunk in 1 hours 15 minutes. HNNNNGHHH!

Awh man, I've got to wait another 6 hours. I also have to work tomorrow so I won't be playing until after work. So it's more like 20.5 hours. But I took Friday and Monday off, so I will be playing a ton soon

I've got a couple of busy days ahead, so I'm gonna pull an all nighter tomorrow, mwuhaahaa!

Played for about 2 hours. Ray tracing on ultra. Looks phenomenal! The game picked that graphic setting for me even though I "only" have an rtx 2080. I'm playing nomad though, so my pc might shit its pants once I enter night city. :lol:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:02 am

I'll be playing on PS4, which has me a bit worried since none of the reviewers got their hands on any console versions of them game.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Achtane » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:50 pm

Apparently there's a penis customization option in that game? :lol:
Finally my dream of being a nipple-less cyberwoman with a mondo cyberdong can be a cyber reality.

Is there dialogue related to cyber penis size? What about circumcybercision?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:43 pm

Achtane wrote:Apparently there's a penis customization option in that game? :lol:
Finally my dream of being a nipple-less cyberwoman with a mondo cyberdong can be a cyber reality.

Is there dialogue related to cyber penis size? What about circumcybercision?

I can verify that you can indeed customize the type and size of your penis. It's not exactly extensive customization though. There are two types (circumsized or not) and three sizes. Only one type of vagina. There's also three sizes of breasts and three sizes of female nipples (male nipples are just on or off). I haven't reached a point where any of this actually comes up in the game though and 98% of what I've played has been first person.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion