· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:34 am

You'll definitely like his Sigil soundtrack then! Lots of good material to make a horror soundtrack with!

Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:56 am

That little pod definitely looks fun for mangling samples if you are OK with the 0-ctrl as the only modulation.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:51 am

coldbrightsunlight wrote:That little pod definitely looks fun for mangling samples if you are OK with the 0-ctrl as the only modulation.

I will have a lot of other modulation sources available from the Matriarch, Strega, and Werkstatt too. I'm really pushing the semi-modular limits :lol:

Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:24 am

As a fellow sample addict, it looks pretty cool, but my first thought was "that looks like a lot of space for something that is effectively a Microgranny (or the discontinued Grandpa)."

So I have to ask: how set are you on the modules listed there?

Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:56 am

I'm definitely not 100% set on them and I'm definitely not rushing into anything at the moment, but I would argue that it would be closer to 2 Microgrannies with much higher sampling and playback quality as both the STS and Beads are stereo and the STS can play two stereo files simultaneously. Admittedly, I don't need the most high quality sample recording and playback, but 8-bit 22050Hz recording does seem a little too lo-fi and I have actually had a Microgranny in the past and felt like it was a bit more of a novelty than an instrument. That being said, I am still open to other options :idk:

Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:26 pm

boooof. SUPER digging the semi modular loots. want to keep it it's own yarea, but able to be integrated with other stuff/tempo synced/multi trackable.

sooooooo have a 1010 Blue Butts mixer on the way.

and a Poly Beebo.

woot?

Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:52 pm

behndy wrote:boooof. SUPER digging the semi modular loots. want to keep it it's own yarea, but able to be integrated with other stuff/tempo synced/multi trackable.

sooooooo have a 1010 Blue Butts mixer on the way.

and a Poly Beebo.

woot?

It begins :omg:

What's the plans with the beebo? Run that with the bass and ADAM or feed that through the maze of knobs and buttons you have ?

So many sounds, that modular gas is growing and I can feel it.

Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:40 pm

Beebo's capabilities have expanded with it's possibilities for complexitude-related user shutdown now that you can run the Beebo and Digit firmwares all at once, as it were :snax:

krrrazy amounts of loots in there :whoa:

Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:58 pm

yesssss. EXCITED about loots.

i don't know how much i'll use the synth stuff in the Beebo, at least to start. i'm more into it for the effects side right now. i migggggggght grab a Keystep or Keystep Pro to explore that, but the idea now was to have 2 separate sections with different approaches, easy to communicate between each other, but also to run them as their own areas.

i have the ADAM running into my mixer, so it can be sent to any of the 3 aux outs. one is going to the main modular section, one is to the Microcosm, one is (going to be) to the Blue Box. the sends is the way i'm going to interface the different sections of the desk i think?

lol. TRYING to have everything be able to go to everything WITHOUT USING A PATCHBAY.

.... i ordered a Blue Box to be the sub mixer for semi modular loots before hitting main mixer. i love that i can do that to monitor, then record to the SD card if i want to multi track from it.

Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:51 am

Just got a Jumble Henge in this morning, annoyed I have to wait all the way through work to try it.... :!!!:

Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:38 am

per EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement Clause 666.69, all henges stay in UK

also, random eye candy from reddit:

Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:45 pm

That's eye candy/10.

Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:44 am

Damn it's just a render. That's a sexy design, although I doubt the screen would look that good.

Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:02 pm

vidret wrote:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Just got a Jumble Henge in this morning, annoyed I have to wait all the way through work to try it.... :!!!:

and if you don't like it I call dibs and you can just send it over here and I'll get it sometime next year if I'm lucky! :idea:

Nah get in line nerd.

Britain First.

Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:57 pm

pffffft ICONCLASTIC ISLANDERS.

or something.

jebus. i forgot i ordered a Vector till i got a shipped email this morn.

just pre-ordered a Korg SQ-64 from Control.

i guess i do want to explore some of the synth stuff in the Beepo, little Sequeuty Sixty Times will be for that, tying random bits into Live?
Post a reply