Count To Five

Moderator: multi_s

Re: Count To Five

Postby Seance » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:56 pm

Phuzzy856 wrote:WHAT ARE 'FOOT GUITARISTS' (not TableTop) DOING WITH MODE2?... Mode3?

For me using feet in Mode2 & Mode3 is the best way since you then have both hands on the guitar.
Add an expression pedal and you are improvising in response to the pedal. Which is primarily how I
use the pedal.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby adamajah » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:25 pm

When I first tried Nightly I thought it would be an occasional fling and I'd stick mostly with the OG firmware but now it's all I use. I definitely jive with Mode 3 the most, though I wish the vibrato wasn't such an intense square wave. I always set it to the absolute most subtle setting on one head, and off on the other. I guess I'm the square in this scenario. Mode 2 is real fun too.
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby cosmicevan » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:34 pm

Ya know what would make this thing even crazier? If there was a switch that let you toggle between OG firmware and Nightly firmware...

:joy:

:omg:

:!!!:

:poke:

:idk:

:snax:

:cry:
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:31 am

Ya it's a bit unlikely there will be some mega fw for this because there will be a third fw soon. and then maybe a fourth. and then maybe a fifth etc.

also for the people that wanted to know, this isn't really a great render but some rough idea of what the "something new" engraves will be from this form. the engraving operations are shown in light blue. the other circles are the milling operations for the usual holes. The form will beup for a few more days but then we have to move on machining to get these finished in time.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... Q/viewform

g.png
g.png (40.36 KiB) Viewed 5387 times

h.png
h.png (36.5 KiB) Viewed 5387 times

also the company is finally really a "we" again as we got some new people started today as well as one pre covid member returning. So WE are about to plow through the rest of this run. more news soon.... it's moving.

multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ogguitar » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:22 am

multi_s wrote:Ya it's a bit unlikely there will be some mega fw for this because there will be a third fw soon. and then maybe a fourth. and then maybe a fifth etc.

Wow... Really looking forward to trying all of them! The something new mock ups look magnificent btw!
ogguitar

involved
involved

Postby cosmicevan » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:10 am

ogguitar wrote:
multi_s wrote:Ya it's a bit unlikely there will be some mega fw for this because there will be a third fw soon. and then maybe a fourth. and then maybe a fifth etc.

Wow... Really looking forward to trying all of them! The something new mock ups look magnificent btw!

I'm gonna need a third...fourth...maybe a fifth count to 5!? :eek:
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:36 am

Maybe we can cook software to package all of these modes separately, so you can choose the three modes you want to have.

Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby ogguitar » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:53 am

Inconuucl wrote:Maybe we can cook software to package all of these modes separately, so you can choose the three modes you want to have.

I wouldn't complain at all if this were a thing. Or maybe a greatest hits firmware with the 3 most popular modes selected tourney-style
ogguitar

involved
involved

Postby sca__tterbrain » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:15 am

When other firmwares will come out i really hope there's gonna be a count to ∞ version of the pedal with an infinite-turning knob and a small led screen that lets you choose between all the different modes in the various firmwares
sca__tterbrain

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby cosmicevan » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:54 pm

waiting on that haiku winner like... :poke:

:lol:

•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Phuzzy856 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:56 am

cosmicevan wrote:waiting on that haiku winner like... :poke:

I'm sure you can relax since it's so obviously clear that I HAVE to be the Winner! It's taken them this long to recover from my (can't think of any smartass qualifiers,lol) prose!
Phuzzy856

interested
interested

Postby Phuzzy856 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:09 am

Forgive me for being silly, but I juuust realized:

Mode1 is NOT 'just' an Echorec (meaning it has those 'Fixed Buffers')- the 'Tape Head Distance' function (Q-up, LENb) acts as a 'DelayTime' within whichever FixedBuffer you happen to be operating in. Please tell me I have this right!

I'm a bit frustrated with the 'forgetting' of the secondary functions overnight, but I guess I'm going to try to find some sweet spots and maybe mark the pedal so I can set it up quick.

I just got this greeeat 'Long SlapBack' (in the 3rd or 4th Buffer) with Modulation+Feedback... as a proper 'Delay', Ct5 is much more pristine and crystal clean than anything else I have... yes, I was playing standard Hendrix and the 'Studio Slap' sounded just like 'Rainy Day...'...

Why am I ending up using Ct5 and Zelly for SLAPBACK?!?!?!?! LOLOL
Phuzzy856

interested
interested

Postby cosmicevan » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:33 pm

Phuzzy856 wrote:

I'm sure you can relax since it's so obviously clear that I HAVE to be the Winner! It's taken them this long to recover from my (can't think of any smartass qualifiers,lol) prose!

Foolish man-boy-child
It is all part of the plan
You must be new here

:cool:
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Phuzzy856 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:27 pm

^^^
NEVERMIND!

I read the Manual today, and found out what the 'Threshhold' and 'Tape-Head Mover' thingys really are. So, you set your LENb, and THEN you can set the 'Threshhold' at which the Tape-Head 'wiggles' to whatever you set it to with Q-UP/LENb... so... it's kinda like a flange?

So, with that knowledge, I was fiiinally able to set Mode1 relatively confidently as to what was going to happen.

I'm still a little iffy as to RATE/FREQ-vs-DEPTH of the Modulation. It's hard to hear exactly how fast the LFO is going, or how it's doing its thing- though, I CAN hear it do its thing! It's like the old Maxon Multimode Delay with the crazy Modulation!

Still a lot of parameters to have to re-set everyday!
Phuzzy856

interested
interested

Postby Phuzzy856 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:33 pm

cosmicevan wrote:
Phuzzy856 wrote:

Foolish man-boy-child
It is all part of the plan
You must be new here

:cool:

lol, good one!

I've been making headway on Ct5... Mode1 is heartbreaking having to reset all those parameters every day, but I've been getting the best regular DigitalDelay tones ever. lol, I think it may become my Slapback Machine! It sounds like you're in a studio, it's so pristine.

Actually, today, when I turned it on, and it was in last night's final knob configuration, I was greeted by the most surprising RainbowMachine spitting out Skittles everywhere! So, it's still FUN!!!
Phuzzy856

interested
interested

PreviousNext

Return to Montreal Assembly