DOD Collection!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: DOD Collection!

Postby gila_crisis » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:03 am

Now that I recall... my cousin used to have this one:

I grabbed it once to try out. I mean back then we were all so jung and naive, but I remebr I amazed how cool some effects were in this thing!
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby Pepe » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:14 am

gila_crisis wrote:Now that I recall... my cousin used to have this one:

I grabbed it once to try out. I mean back then we were all so jung and naive, but I remebr I amazed how cool some effects were in this thing!

What is a Pixellator?! Sample Rate Reducing maybe? :eek:
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gila_crisis » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:30 am

I don't remember... it was almost 20 years ago....
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby fldrvr » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:22 am

Currently, only own a Carcosa.

At various point I've had a DFX-9 Digital Delay, an original Meatbox, and FX-75-B Flanger, and an FX-91 Bass overdrive.

I got the Meatbox from the used Guitar Center website for around 30ish dollars. At the time, they were still going for around 200ish dollars used, it was right before the reissue came out. But this one was missing a nut on the output jack and a nut for the power supply jack (which was one of the older headphone style jacks). I snagged that, replaced the nuts and flipped it to fund other pedal purchases. It's my top lucky find so far.

I used to rock a Digitech RP-12 as my main board for a long time. Had generally decent sounds although of course the dirts weren't great. Also currently have a Digitech Timebender - amazing pedal I don't use nearly as much I want to.
Good deals: Monkey Boy, julius_deane, oldangelmidnight, K2000 (x2), kbithecrowing, Casavettes, leaves turn, psychedelicrelic, nevada, alexsga, sa1126, Invisible Man, foot, solewheelin', hbombgraphics, bronzetalon, Aquietcabin1978, bass_econo, christafarai; (on TalkBass) jazzyitalian, MicG, bufert57, marineman227, karter2000; (on TGP) leray1, Electroman, bigEbeer; (on DIYstompboxes) LucifersTrip, lethargytartare; (on HC) StratsRule07, lfrz93, Firebrand, caeman, bluesthug
fldrvr

experienced
experienced

Postby fldrvr » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:36 am

Pepe wrote:
gila_crisis wrote:What is a Pixellator?! Sample Rate Reducing maybe?

Think it's heard here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVjR8pOXmgc

Sounds a little like a Seek Wah
Good deals: Monkey Boy, julius_deane, oldangelmidnight, K2000 (x2), kbithecrowing, Casavettes, leaves turn, psychedelicrelic, nevada, alexsga, sa1126, Invisible Man, foot, solewheelin', hbombgraphics, bronzetalon, Aquietcabin1978, bass_econo, christafarai; (on TalkBass) jazzyitalian, MicG, bufert57, marineman227, karter2000; (on TGP) leray1, Electroman, bigEbeer; (on DIYstompboxes) LucifersTrip, lethargytartare; (on HC) StratsRule07, lfrz93, Firebrand, caeman, bluesthug
fldrvr

experienced
experienced

Postby friendship » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:49 am

yeah sounds like a sample rate reducer controlled by a sample-and-hold LFO.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:06 am

Not bad!
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fldrvr » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:15 pm

The Zoom G3/multistomps have a few similar effects - the Step Filter, Seq Filter and the Random Filter sound like this (particularly the last 2)
fldrvr

experienced
experienced

Postby Mark of the Beast » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:04 am

qersty wrote:the pds1550 sounds like such a dis-rocker pedal

Dis-rocker? As in Discharge? D-beat?

It's basically a Boss HM-2 with that weird EQ added on.
Mark of the Beast

committed
committed

Postby qersty » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:47 am

Mark of the Beast wrote:

yes!

Didnt it have chorus in it to?

But yeah an hm-2 and 250 into a shitty stereo chorus is the signature of "japanese" D-beat bands
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Mark of the Beast » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:16 pm

qersty wrote:
Mark of the Beast wrote:

yes!

Didnt it have chorus in it to?

But yeah an hm-2 and 250 into a shitty stereo chorus is the signature of "japanese" D-beat bands

Not a chorus but a short delay for thickening up the sound which is hidden inder the back cover. It's too complicated for it's own good. The octave knob is some kind of resonance filter. The overdrive isn't a 250 unfortunately, but does sound cool. It's a op-amp overdrive that's a shade different flavor than a tubescreamer or a Boss overdrive.

Also listening to a bunch of 80s thrash on cassettes has probably warped my idea of a good tone (for the better)
Mark of the Beast

committed
committed

Postby retinal orbita » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:30 pm

Have I posted this before? I feel like I have posted this before.....

Well add another Death Metal and today I snagged THIS without paying Reverb prices:

retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby rfurtkamp » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:17 pm

I'm still using my original Timebender (bought at full retail pre-order, because it was THAT impressive and still is), it now lives as the dedicated delay in the loop of my Hot Rod Deluxe where it is very happy.

Love the Rubberneck as well - it's living feeding the front end of the Katana (each of my amps has its own delay, plus master channel ones).

One I don't use as much as I should is the venerable 18v (1/4" plug, god help you on gigging if you plug that 1/4" power into your guitar amp!) 595 Performer "Phasor", which to this day is my favorite phaser, period. Six stages of chewy happiness. The buffer isn't great, it works and I gigged with it for a decade, but..now it lives in a switchable loop in my Boss ES-8.

And I suppose it's technically DOD, the original two-button giant SD card using Jamman, which I also preordered. Nothing fancy but has always done the job and it was the first pedal-format thing that had non-volatile memory (so you can store samples in it too or replay things later for fun, I used to use it as a re-amping tool).

I am not a fan of the 1/8" power in era DODs at all - they never sounded good in my rig and the buffers made me love Boss all the more and still do.

==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:50 am

Mark of the Beast wrote:Also listening to a bunch of 80s thrash on cassettes has probably warped my idea of a good tone (for the better)

This is the way.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby rfurtkamp » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:46 pm

goroth wrote:
Mark of the Beast wrote:Also listening to a bunch of 80s thrash on cassettes has probably warped my idea of a good tone (for the better)

This is the way.

==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear