= Introduce Yourself =

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby BlackOceans » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:53 pm

BlackOceans wrote:New guy over here, haven't played in about 7 years and just recently got a LTD EC256 to get back in the game that I plan on doing some upgrades on (I can't leave cars or guitars stock if my life depended on it) as well as a Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pro and a Orange Crush combo that sounds okay while I save up again for a nice tube amp. The Crush sounds decent clean, has a effects loop, a headphone jack and is more then loud for the apartment, I think it'll make a good practice amp for now.

Im sure y'all have heard it 100 times, but I'm big into early Electric Wizard, Sab, Weedeater, Bongzilla, Sleep, Monolord, Acid King but also love Eyehategod and am a huge blues fan so my playing (Eventually) bounces around all those.

I used to be a member of the Dean Guitars forum years ago but found this really is the only forum dedicated to the whole doom, stoner, sludge thing we all love so I figured I'll give it whirl. Sorry for the long newbie post y'all, thanks for having me.

Rob

Figured since this was the only post I got around to making two years ago, I may as well re-introduce myself lol

The Les Paul was sold off about a year and half ago (miss it very much). Still have the EC256 and it's my #1 at the moment, although these days it has an Alnico II PAF and a P90 as well as some major electronic modifications, the little Orange is still around though I haven't touched it since figuring out how to kind of use the Vox VT that I got so overwhelmed with all the controls and abilities of it, that it sat untouched for three years. I just use it as a clean amp for my pedals. I've only begun getting into pedals this year and am currently working on what I'm referring to as "Phase 1" of my pedal board. Just a solid base of the basics for the music I enjoy playing: Overdrive, Fuzz, Distortion, Delay, Phaser and Wah.

Current objective is to finish the board and then find a new (to me) amp. Just for at home and occasional jams with buddies. Id really like a head and cab setup this time. Looking very hard at the CR120 but am very worried on the master volume and ability to play it at reasonable home volumes when practicing or just having fun. We'll see.

Shame, ilovedoom is so quiet these days, that was an awesome side forum for a long time.

Still just having fun messing around with heavy blues and sludge and learning new things!
BlackOceans

involved
involved

Postby BlackOceans » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:57 pm

Got a chance to try the CR120 through a 2x12 last night with a P90 LP. I just put everything to noon and played with the master. Im really surprised at how well the master volume responds, I really had no problem putting it to very reasonable home level volumes, and when I want to crank it and send it into orbit. On board reverb was nice as well. Dirty channel is pretty great too, although it'll just be getting ran clean 80% of the time, it's nice to have the option when I dont feel like using pedals. I think Orange did a really good job with it especially solid state. I've had a Crush 35 for years and its alright, the 120PRO I was pretty impressed with in 15 minutes I got to play around with it. I'll be ordering the head in black most likely in the next couple of months
BlackOceans

involved
involved

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:47 pm

awesome! Heard good things about those from several people. :thumb:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby HorsSujet » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:16 pm

I said hello again after all these years but I'm gonna introduce myself again.
I'm Florent, a french musician, composer & pedal builder. I still play as Hors Sujet, my main musical project, and I go by the name Tataki for most of my builds.
Glad to be on board again !
HorsSujet

committed
committed

Postby fcknoise » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:20 am

HorsSujet wrote:I said hello again after all these years but I'm gonna introduce myself again.
I'm Florent, a french musician, composer & pedal builder. I still play as Hors Sujet, my main musical project, and I go by the name Tataki for most of my builds.
Glad to be on board again !

Oh hi dude! Pretty sure I have watched plenty of your youtube videos a few years ago, welcome back!
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sutarappa » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:59 pm

Been awol for a while. But, it ultimately didn't mitigate needs and loves for fuzz. I flaked out on Sonidero in the noise thread way back. I threw things away. Started fuzzing again, inevitable pollution in the badlands. Is there a dry spot when it rains? What's the toll these days? Won't be long. These parts wear out soon.
There is a 500 character limit.
sutarappa

committed
committed

Postby HorsSujet » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:40 am

fcknoise wrote:Oh hi dude! Pretty sure I have watched plenty of your youtube videos a few years ago, welcome back!

Yes you did, I totally remember you my friend :) Glad to be back on board !
HorsSujet

committed
committed

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:48 am

Welcome back fam!
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:15 am

Woooo! Welcome back!
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jazzvlaster » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:26 pm

Hi everyone :trippy: , my name is Ariel and I'm from Buenos Ariel, Argentina.
I've been lurking this place quite a while, so it's time to participate a little. My equipment in this moment is not great, but I always try to have a fuzz on my pedalboard.
Sorry if my english is weird or bad, I hope to make me understand :lol:

Cheers!
jazzvlaster

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:49 pm

hi! :hello:

Welcome to ILF! No such thing as bad gear if you're having fun! :joy: Everyone's just out for good fuzz and good times
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Blood_mountain » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:36 pm

jazzvlaster wrote:Hi everyone :trippy: , my name is Ariel and I'm from Buenos Ariel, Argentina.
I've been lurking this place quite a while, so it's time to participate a little. My equipment in this moment is not great, but I always try to have a fuzz on my pedalboard.

Cheers!

Welcome!
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goroth » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:52 pm

Welcome fuzz friends!
May ye rejoice in friendship and fuzzship and Jefferson starship.

Don’t be assholes!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby sutarappa » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:50 pm

jazzvlaster wrote:Hi everyone :trippy: , my name is Ariel and I'm from Buenos Ariel, Argentina.

Cheers!

Me gusta tu avatar. Hermoso y divertido. :)
There is a 500 character limit.
sutarappa

committed
committed

Postby Fluxus » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:31 pm

Hey all, I'm Scott. I've been reading for a few months, and now I'm signed up. I've been a guitar player for about 30 years, reformed shredder, studied composition in music school to write all kinds of music (there were a bunch of guitar-playing folks studying avant-weirdo classical composition in the late 90s), played in some bands but mostly as a singer, and I run a public music library in Nebraska, where you can check out all kids of amazing books on music with your public library card.

But I'm new to fuzz. Back in the mid-90s I had tried out whatever Big Muff and Fuzz Face models were available at the time, and I didn't care for them--they were pretty inarticulate and disappeared in mixes, live or on recordings, and I had pretty much put 'em out of my mind and used distortion pedals, rack gear, and lead channels on loud amps from then on. But in the last few years, I ditched most of my shred guitars for Supros and Danelectros and the like, and I've been playing through low-wattage single-channel tube combos, and it seemed like it was time to look at fuzz pedals again. And I had no idea how many amazing pedals there are that can do a wide range of tones. I've had a Fuzz Factory for about a year, and in the last month, I've picked up an Incinerator, a Mutant Fuzz, Low Volt, Shore Bird, and an Antichthon, and I'm absolutely in love. Reading what folks here have said about all of those pedals has been really helpful toward dialing in the two general "flavors" of fuzz I've been looking for--some tones good for melodic line playing, and then some more noisy glitchy weird stuff for soundscapes. So thanks to everyone already for all of your help!
Fluxus

uncommitted
uncommitted

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion