FALMA

Moderator: Pladask

Re: FALMA

Postby cosmicevan » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:11 pm

Yeah, it's weird for me to like a simple pedal like this, but it just sounds great and is very inspirational. It's also nice to be able to really know a pedal after playing with it for just 30 minutes. I'm still trying to get my head all the way around Fabrikat and I've probably had that for a year already.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:23 pm

I've had a couple of moments to play with Falma. It's a nice, simple destabilizer. It works well with other things. Some people like Fairfield's Shallow Water for subtle warbles but I like this a lot more.
I find myself wanting a bit more control of the speed and I wish there was a bit of volume boost sometimes but I remind myself it's a product of its limitations.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blankfield » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:33 pm

Sounds cool! If anyone falls out of love with theirs, hit me up. I'd love to try it!
blankfield

committed
committed

Postby Pladask » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:50 am

oldangelmidnight wrote:I've had a couple of moments to play with Falma. It's a nice, simple destabilizer. It works well with other things. Some people like Fairfield's Shallow Water for subtle warbles but I like this a lot more.
I find myself wanting a bit more control of the speed and I wish there was a bit of volume boost sometimes but I remind myself it's a product of its limitations.

Thank! Appreciate the feedback!

Though the pedal in it's current form is a limited release I will investigate options to develop this project into a more fully realized pedal. Maybe next year?..
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby oldangelmidnight » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Yeah, I'd be into a more-developed thing. It seems like there's a lot of interest. People want Draume without the reverb and stuff like the Generation Loss and Shallow Water are pretty popular.

I saw the email about the sub-par Falmas and a more resonant tone control actually seems like it could be cool.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Moonweed » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:42 am

Had a few days with the FALMA and I'm really loving this thing. Running it in a Matrise loop with a Blooper and SSBS Fuck to get some really nice tape-like warbles and using the Fuck threshold to just get a little bit of dirt on the loop. The FALMA has a lot of great character- Knut you killed this one. Can't wait to see if you come out with something even further developed, but this thing is super rad on its own.
Moonweed

interested
interested

Postby cosmicevan » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:17 pm

was coming here to say the same thing. I really dig the Falma. It turns my hum drum guitar playing into magic. Truly inspiring box.

•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby blankfield » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:00 pm

I'm pretty sure I missed out on the lottery for the "B stock" batch for Falma. Congrats to those who got a second chance! Offer still stands for anyone not feeling the Falma love to buy it off them. Thanks!
blankfield

committed
committed

Postby elefontpress » Sat May 22, 2021 11:52 am

Hey there Knut! Excited for Falma v2 and the sneak preview control shot on Instagram. When are you thinking for release?
elefontpress

involved
involved

Postby Pladask » Sun May 23, 2021 6:20 am

Hey
Sometime after summer. Keeping an eye on the global chip shortage with mild anxiety. Some parts have rather long lead times at the moment. Main priority is getting BAKLENGS ready ASAP then FALMA and maybe the module after that
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby elefontpress » Sun May 23, 2021 11:20 am

Sounds good. Fingers crossed for you! QQ: are you considering any kind of low cut for Falma? A HPF or low cut switch?
elefontpress

involved
involved

Postby Pladask » Sun May 23, 2021 2:35 pm

elefontpress wrote:Sounds good. Fingers crossed for you! QQ: are you considering any kind of low cut for Falma? A HPF or low cut switch?

Not my plan but I'll make a note on that request. Could perhaps be added as an internal feature
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby elefontpress » Sun May 23, 2021 3:46 pm

Could be fun for tone sculpting / mangling!
elefontpress

involved
involved

Postby cosmicevan » Mon May 24, 2021 10:48 pm

A master volume for FALMA would be nice. I have found that at times it can quiet my signal especially when stacking with other pedals. I think FEBER > FALMA, the FALMA muted the signal a bit.

Pladask wrote:...Main priority is getting BAKLENGS ready ASAP...

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:09 pm

How different is the new FALMA from the older FALMA? More knobs, yes...

having the ability to make it louder looks real nice (that was a needed improvement)...the AM.R looks interesting as well
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Pladask Elektrisk