= Introduce Yourself =

Moderator: Ghost Hip

= Introduce Yourself =

Postby daniel2001 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:22 pm

Every forum needs somewhere for its members to introduce themselves to each other.

I'm Daniel, I'm 18 years old, playing guitar for a little over 2.

Play a bit of everything (jazz, blues, rock, metal etc).

Hoping to get a PRS or Gibson in January.
"Hanging on in Quiet Desperation is the English way" How true those words seem right now cannot be conveyed by words
daniel2001

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Mechanical Television » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:54 am

Hellow

My name used to be silverfalcon28 on the older forums at E-13.. Im a effects junkie (non recovering mind you)& will own all i can in my life time.

Through knowing Devi (as a e-mail friend) i found that "tone" isnt what its all about,but more to do with textures and mixing them. (thanks Devi).Although ive spent a few bucks on tube amps and tube reverb (which im in love with) ive spent even more mutilating it with effects(such as E-13,Mid Fi,Prophecy Sound, & LAL)..

I would love to know if blackmarketxanex,metalmerchent,tonefiasco and i cant remeber your name (but you were helping me out on design a pedalboard) or any other old E-13 forum members are still around?

Cheers!
Mechanical Television

interested
interested

Postby jdandcoke » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:54 pm

Hi
im jake...

ive been playing about 4 yrs ish

i like pedals :!!!:

i moved here after finding harmony central too broken to sanely use.
i may appear there again from time to time... i know other people here use both.

i actually signed up ages ago, and was member number #2... apparently im not anymore as i just had to re register :cry:

erm yeah.
i like reverb, and light dirt, and crazy textured fuzz (thanks devi) and delay and stuff.
vibe is pretty cool too...

i also dont look like this :bob:
jdandcoke

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Maggotprayer » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:56 pm

Well, hello everybody!!

To begin, I'm french. I'll do my best to be pleasingly readable! :eek:

I'm a 21 years old student, but those days I'm more into working to get enough money so I could buy cool pedals. (but also a nice computer, to use photoshop, premiere and play Serious Sam properly) :)

I like mangas (Tsutomu Nihei is my God), japanese culture, all kind of music and I fell in love with mountains.

I play bass, and the more I play the more I'm fascinated by these strange little things made by Effector 13, Mid-fi, Lal, Death by audio and other.

This forum seems to be a nice warm place. So, let me bring a confortable sofa, fresh belgian beers and I'll be ready to rock!! :bob:
Maggotprayer

interested
interested

Postby leastwise » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:37 pm

hello all,

my name is scott, and i live and work in charlottesville, va.

i've been playing off and on (mostly off, unfortunately) for about 11 years. I like guitar, bass, keyboards and feedback loops.

and i really love effects pedals. music equipment is my number one expense after food and shelter. or maybe only after shelter.

my favorite effect units are old dod/digitech (the pds series, meat box and buzz box are essentials), line 6 tonecore series, alesis modfx and effector 13 (of course.)

i like hearing deep, thickly-textured and erratic sounds; the more unpredictable, the better. i like feeling the music in my spine. :)

i joined this forum to meet similar-minded people and learn new things.

one day i hope to be able to produce some effects of my own.
:joy: things to do, things to re-do :omg:
leastwise

experienced
experienced

Postby Stacco » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:43 am

Hi, I'm Stacco, I live in Madrid and I even seem to be spanish to boot!. I find the Harmony Central forums way too fucking crowded for my taste and was looking for somewhere more intimate for my musical musing when, lo and behold! I spot BOB¡s unmistakeable likeness all over this board, so it's to this board that I sign up!

I'm very much in love with my Truly Beautiful Disaster... My band is more of a fractal project with various people coming and going at any given date. When asked to define ourselves musically (you always get the dreaded queastion don't cha?) I always say that we float somewhere in between the following axis: Electric Miles and the Sex Pistols, or Black Sabbath and James Brown...

Apart from that I'm getting my shit together for poertry recitals of my own stuff with me reciting and doing soundscapes with my gear, playing some percussion recording loops and stuff... I also a DJ and I'm looking to incorporate my guitar, and other stuff into that too!

Devi is been a dear to me answering my moronic e-mails, so I'm glad to have popped up here amongst you all...

And now, some BOB! :bob: :bob: :bob: :bob: Ohhh I'm addicted...
Stacco

committed
committed

RE: The Foe I am

Postby DeathTron » Tue May 01, 2007 10:10 pm

DeathTron ..

I've been playing guitar for 6 yrs... from everything from shoegaze, death metal, and blues. I live in Tempe AZ... in the heart of the ghetto .. not really but I liked to think so ..

Currently I'm in a music project called Candiknives... its melodic synth/heavy guitars ( kinda like mogwai ) and a bit of Rush..

Main influences include ... Kevin Shields of course, Buckethead, Robert Smith, Paul Gilberts, Mark Rizzo, and Chuck Schuliner.

Right now I'm playing with a TBD, Fender Blender, DD3, SM,Little Big Muff. I have Mesa Boogie Dual Rec... and play a Schectar Ultra III..
DeathTron

Postby basti moon » Wed May 02, 2007 9:02 am

My name is sebastian.
I usually spend my time recording a lot of different instruments I find when I´m not playing my friendly epi les paul with some strange paint and artist made for me and P90´s. I don´t have many pedals yet, but I do use my little laptop a lot to make strange sounds.
If you want to listen to some of it, it´s right here- [url]myspace.com/bastimoon[/url]
basti moon

committed
committed

Postby voodoohaze » Wed May 02, 2007 9:39 am

hey, i'm mark. i'm from arkansas. been playing guitar for 6 and a half years now. i play an epiphone les paul custom, great guitar. i use a crate 212 and a marshall microstack for amps. i have four store bought pedals and 3 boutique pedals, E13 AR-SC prototype, E13 AR-SC, Affectronix Rusty Nail (custom made). i love how devi is pushing the envelope in the pedal world with his designs and how original he is. i am officially an E13 addict. hopefully my fiancee won't kill me over this. i play metal mostly, but since E13 has come into my life, i am being more experimental in my guitar sound and enjoying every minute of it.
voodoohaze

interested
interested

Postby Suilebhain » Wed May 02, 2007 10:10 am

Ahh, what the hell.

I've been known, in an extremely obscure way, by many names. Suilebhain is a variation on the Gaelic spelling of my real surname and I use it nearly everywhere for my online persona - forums, bulletin boards, email, online games, and so forth.

I am older than dirt by comparison to everyone here, though young by comparison to Mick Jagger.

I live in sunny Florida, land of hurricanes and lightning strikes, so I have to leave my gear unplugged whenever I am not actually using it or I might start it up sometime to a fried synth board.

I had a big long story about how I started out on guitar when the British Invasion was still in force, switched to bass, bought a used Moog, switched to synth, then responded to mid-life crisis by deciding to buy a guitar instead of a sports car or finding a 20 something year old girlfriend.

I have lots of old sounds echoing around in the corridors of my mind, waiting to be set free, and cheap recording technology has made that possible for the first time, so if I can just discipline myself to get to work, I might finally fulfill my dream of hearing my own music played through my car stereo.
:bob: :bob: :bob: :bob:
ALL HAIL BOB!
:bob: :bob: :bob: :bob:

"...perhaps the way we started to play wasn't as impressive as it was to us, even, wasn't as full of impact as it might have been. I mean, it was done very well rather than considerably exciting. One thinks of it all as a dream." -S. Barrett
Suilebhain

involved
involved

Postby Artist » Thu May 10, 2007 3:18 pm

Hello, I'm new here, just registered today.

I'm a 23 year old (young?) gearhead from Finland. I play guitar & Farfisa organ. I enjoy listening to various types of music, but my favourite bands include Mano Negra, Placebo, Social Distortion, Hanoi Rocks and The Stooges, only to mention a few.

I enjoy art also (stop the press, eh?) and have been thinking about starting to paint some of the pedals I have. Literature and movies are also close to my heart, along with the occasional sports to keep me fit.

I don't own any E13-pedals yet, but I'm planning to.

When I'm not busy with my hobbies, I'm studying control and development of financial management in an university of applied sciences.

Well, this was a small intro, I hope you won't find my presence bothering. :D
"Sucker love I always find, someone to bruise and leave behind..."
Artist

interested
interested

Postby aen » Sun May 20, 2007 12:22 pm

Artist wrote:Hello, I'm new here, just registered today.

I'm a 23 year old (young?) gearhead from Finland. I play guitar & Farfisa organ.

I love farifsa!

I'm 24! I like only alienating music that makes people uncomfortable!

Oh, wait no, thats what my sister in law says.

I play fender guitars, and drums, and other stuff if I can get ahold of it.
http://myspace.com/aenpage

I've also been working on some synths/pedals of my own
http://myspace.com/dwarfcraftdevices

I play drums in some sort of mutated folk-rock band
http://myspae.com/theelectricwest

I've got a wife and 2 kids, and a lab/boxer puppy named pancake.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AlexK » Thu May 24, 2007 3:34 pm

oy!

I'm Alex, I'm russian living in Norway for a couple of years.
I'm 18 and play guitar on my own (a Standard Mex. Fender Tele, white one..LOVING it!).
I play bass in a band, hardcore rock'ish band..or something..=P
http://myspace.com/depressiveoptimists

I also recently started playing synths/keyboards and making my own electronic music, which is fun! ^^ Thoguh I'm not very good..
http://myspace.com/lopunk20

I've recently ordered my first E13 pedal, with a special design, which I'm excited to test out when it's done..

I'm the kind of person who wants to do EVERYTHING, because I think so many things are fun if you're good, but I never become any good..but what the hell..^^
And I guess that's it..
AlexK

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby aen » Thu May 24, 2007 6:16 pm

AlexK wrote: Mex. Fender Tele, white ..

Hooray for white mexican teles!

Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby metalmariachi » Thu May 24, 2007 6:39 pm

Well;
I’m a bass player.
I’ve loved effects from the first time I heard reverb and tremolo, and Link Ray.

Played in a lot of bad, mediocre, and one good cover band, now I’m doing originals.

My sound has been described as a cross between stripper struts and metal mariachi, hence the nom de plum.

I’m an old guy, to some. Ok I heard rumble when it was new, but I was like 6 at the time.

The thing I like most about effects is when you plug one in for the first time and new songs just come out.
My wish list includes a TBD, as well as 8 string, 12 string basses and a bajo sexto (Mexican 12 string bass tuned E-F).
I want to try a bajo sexto, open tuned with slide through fuzz etc.
12 string and an Android any one?

Yeah I am the crazy old guy at the end of the street.
But there’s a drummer on one side, a guitar player on the other, a garage band 4 houses away and the head of the musician’s union local lives at the other end of the block.
Yeah, I get to play loud

Keith
metalmariachi

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Discussion