was a minute since i posted hope the site hasnt died feom it

i have gotten into 7 string violins lately
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: are you having a great time?

Postby Pepe » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:48 am

I didn't know that there are 7 string violins! Sounds crazy!

At my place the last weeks have been a bit crazy, because I hurt my elbow so hard that it had swollen to the size of a golf ball and painful bruises were spreading all over the forearm so that I wasn't able to sleep properly for over two weeks. Everything is almost back to normal again now.

Gear-wise I have bought a crazy amount of pedals lately. Will post something in the next days/weeks/whatever.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Eivind August » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:22 pm

New instruments are always fun! :joy:

I've been working a lot for the last year or so, so my ILFing time has been restricted. But I'm still fuzzing out on the reg, making oscillating noise and keeping my board zen.

Still on the semi-lookout for an overdrive, bit inching closer to get somebody to make me one that also has a broken, 8-bitty fuzz in it. Because of reasons.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:26 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Blackened Soul » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:33 pm

Yep, still funning, scrapping the nerdy stereo rig for something big and doomy and fun! Got a 2x15 coming that I’m going to stack on my 1x18 and I ordered a head case for my mesa 400+ in blue.. going further down the 12-string bass rabbit hole.. also decided to set up a bass as a dedicated slide bass for morphine feels… I can’t believe I’ve never done this… I’ve been play the bass with a slide on and off since 92…..
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sutarappa » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:21 pm

Get on the phone with me, monkeywind...
There is a 500 character limit.
sutarappa

committed
committed

Postby coupleonapkins » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:02 am

qersty wrote:was a minute since i posted hope the site hasnt died feom it

i have gotten into 7 string violins lately

I have gotten N2 8 string guitars, which is maybe not as kewl as 7 string violins, but both are probably still kooler than 9 string guitars :trippy:

Also fanned frets, hopefully for the last time :facepalm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jueWz9Vwc4
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:19 pm

I am - too much real band time not enough internet gear nerd time, but gear also feels like it's stagnated pretty hard? That might just be me, though.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby qersty » Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:21 pm

good to hear things are as they should be. i have kinda been in a place where being in a gear space doesnt make sense. i only look at utilitarian things like mics these days. been trying to get some pickup thing for my acoustic but havent really got anything to plug it in to that makes sense.

sorry to hear about your elbow pepe glad its over!
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby lumena » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:37 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHvA86OUsxk&t=1s

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHvA86OUsxk&t=1s[/youtube]
FASHION PASSES STYLE REMAINS
lumena

committed
committed

Postby Pepe » Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:08 pm

qersty wrote:sorry to hear about your elbow pepe glad its over!

Thank you! It does only still hurt when it is directly touched. My nights are way better and now I can practise playing guitar and piano again.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:49 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby goroth » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:24 pm

D.o.S. wrote:I am - too much real band time not enough internet gear nerd time, but gear also feels like it's stagnated pretty hard? That might just be me, though.

Cool stuff is coming out but I think once you’ve tested enough gear after a while you’re getting diminishing returns. Once you’ve played a few flavours of overdrive there’s not much left to do. People like MidFi Doug keep pushing the envelope and make cool ass shit, but the wilder the sounds are the more niche they are, in a way. Like he had that new one that sounded like a broken PA. That was cool as duck, but I now know that if I buy it I’m going to dig the hell out of it but ultimately never use it - cos I’m super satisfied with the gear I’ve got for the music I play. You can apply the same logic to fuzz, delays whatever.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby PanicProne » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:54 am

I agree with this so much, goroth.
Without trying to sound elitist (chances are really low being on ILF tbh) but after being into pedals for so long, buying and trying so much and finding what you really like, and to a point before the whole oversaturation and pedal-craze broke out (pre-TPS, JHS-show, Chase bliss megahype, reverb-flippery etc) there really is, as you put it, a diminishing return. I'm not hating on people at all, cause I was and for a lot of the time have been very similar or even the same, but pedals and gear in general seems to turn more and more into a lifestyle thing rather than an interest thing. Like everything else the window of things being relevant seems so small/short too and honestly it's exhausting, at least for me.

I still want to talk about gear, especially on here, but both I and everyone else seems a bit burnt out on the thing, right? And since everyone knows about everything nowadays the intrigue and mystery of seeing something new and not really having known about it before has also disappeared. That along with the feeling that everyone has to know everything about everything to be cool enough... Do people agree?

That said, I'm very happy but also super jealous of people getting "real band time" as I've worked so hard for that ever since I got into music and know how difficult an brief it can be. So to answer the thread title. I am sort of having a good time but know I really will one I find and get that real band time again. :D
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby MaxMaps » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:17 pm

I will third ECO on the diminishing returns - the more I play the simpler I want my sound and set up. I have even recently paired down my collection as I just simply have too many of one effect or I am not using it in my daily practice.

That being said - I am happier with my music than I have ever been. I have an amazing teacher and I am still playing every week. Eventually I want to cut a three track EP of my own music in a professional studio.

I am also pretty close to being set for gear - I might move a bass to make room for another Floyd Rose Guitar and maybe move the SG to something a little more AP but really these are minor adjustments and I would be extremely happy to keep it all the same now.

So yes - very happy, playing lots of nasty thrash metal :rock:
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Discussion