have you ever blown up your life

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: have you ever blown up your life

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:15 pm

Good luck, man!

I blew up my life 10 years ago. Had bad habits, hung around bad people and did bad things. My mental health was very poor. Decided I would have to leave or keep living a life I didn't really want to live. Sold all of my stuff and moved across the country. Went to therapy, quit (most of) my bad habits, went back and got my high school diploma and ended up getting a masters degree, now I've got a job that I really like, a wife, a kid, two doggos, a house. I often think about how that one decision ended up completely changing the trajectory of my life. It was stressful as fuck and a lot of work to start over and try again, but once you get the ball rolling it can be very rewarding in my experience. A bit of good luck always helps as well, of course. I wish you the best in your ventures, even if they got a little postponed and sidewinded! :hug:
Last edited by UglyCasanova on Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby VREEEEVROOOOOW » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:17 pm

I don't have any advice, but wanted to offer my condolences. The US seems insane to me. When I had a shitty job that I hated, I just quit. No plans, no safety net, no savings. How? Well, in Norway we actually have welfare, so I just paid my bills with unemployment benefits. There was never even a question of "should I? can I?", I just quit. It sucks that you guys don't have the security to do that. Life is hard enough.
VREEEEVROOOOOW

experienced
experienced

Postby John » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:53 pm

I can't speak to OP's whole thing, but I recently left a job without having another lined up. It was crucial for my mental and physical health. I have the luxury of a rent-free living situation so I know it's not as easy of a choice for you, but bottom line is your wellness has to come first. That is a catch-22 as wellness typically depends on having resources, but if you have any support system you can lean on (family etc) then don't be shy about exploiting what is available.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby friendship » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:59 pm

VREEEEVROOOOOW wrote:I don't have any advice, but wanted to offer my condolences. The US seems insane to me. When I had a shitty job that I hated, I just quit. No plans, no safety net, no savings. How? Well, in Norway we actually have welfare, so I just paid my bills with unemployment benefits. There was never even a question of "should I? can I?", I just quit. It sucks that you guys don't have the security to do that. Life is hard enough.

In America, we make our masters money or else we do our civic duty and die in a gutter (far from the public eye, please, don't depreciate our property values with the unsightly presence of discarded citizens).

But we invented iPhones so it's all worth it.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby qersty » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:21 am

I hope you are figuring this out. That rent thing is awful i hope you can solve that.

I think blowing things up would be tge right thing. I am taking the opposite approach of slowly ruining everything while trying to make a change. :hug:
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby imJonWain » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:56 am

Just to add an opposite opinion, sometimes you have to find a balance. For every person something works for, it doesn't work for someone else. So ultimately it's what is right for you and it's okay to try something then change your mind.
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby John » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:10 pm

Can we have your landlord's number or address so we can anonymously tell him he's a massive asshole?
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby friendship » Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:00 am

John wrote:Can we have your landlord's number or address so we can anonymously tell him he's a massive asshole?

:lol: let's see if I can get my security deposit back first
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Velcro Bottom » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:50 am

John wrote:Can we have your landlord's number or address so we can anonymously tell him he's a massive asshole?

I'm in.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby friendship » Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:11 pm

update about the rent thing: I reached out to the realtor who got me this apartment in the first place to see if she had anything good on deck (she doesn't). She asked if I got a lease renewal offer and I told her how much it was and she was like "Ppppffffffft they're never going to be able to rent your unit for that price." So at the very least I get to enjoy some schadenfreude in that these greedy motherfuckers are going to lose money trying to rent it, and will eventually have to slash the price to something reasonable. Stupid assholes.
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Velcro Bottom » Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:33 pm

Shitheads.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby friendship » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:02 pm

what is New Mexico like in the winter months?
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Velcro Bottom » Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:32 pm

It's a big state and goes from high up in the mountains to Chihuahuan desert. Generally, cold up north, warm down south, windy on the east side. Where are you looking?

I'm in NM and am on the verge of blowing this deal up myself, though I've been trying to keep it to a controlled detonation that doesn't take half my shit out with it. Time will tell.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby friendship » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:47 pm

Velcro Bottom wrote:It's a big state and goes from high up in the mountains to Chihuahuan desert. Generally, cold up north, warm down south, windy on the east side. Where are you looking?

I'm in NM and am on the verge of blowing this deal up myself, though I've been trying to keep it to a controlled detonation that doesn't take half my shit out with it. Time will tell.

Dunno, I've never been--a Texan friend of mine said anywhere but Santa Fe and Taos are affordable. Thinking about visiting a girlfriend in Chicago, taking the Southwestern Chief train down there, do a catastrophic amount of peyote, and become a single grain of sand. What's your sitch (situation)?
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Velcro Bottom » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:21 am

I've never been sicker in my life than after eating peyote, and had a shitty trip.

Your mileage may vary.

I'm a cowboy. Taking care of a place a couple of hours north of Roswell. It's a run down dump and the house doesn't have heat and the paycheck's usually late and everything's broke down and you can't drink the water and the ground's rotten and treacherous and I keep crippling my horses and I'm getting too old to put up with these ranch owner shenanagins. Nothing I ain't been through before. Probably do it again. I worked for this guy before and I wish now I'd have burnt that bridge, but hell, this time it'll be spectacular. Just need somewhere to go, and pasture for my horses.

Something'll come up, it always does.

Lemme know if you get near Roswell or Ft. Sumner, I'll buy you a taco or something.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion