have you ever blown up your life

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: have you ever blown up your life

Postby Velcro Bottom » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:21 am

I've never been sicker in my life than after eating peyote, and had a shitty trip.

Your mileage may vary.

I'm a cowboy. Taking care of a place a couple of hours north of Roswell. It's a run down dump and the house doesn't have heat and the paycheck's usually late and everything's broke down and you can't drink the water and the ground's rotten and treacherous and I keep crippling my horses and I'm getting too old to put up with these ranch owner shenanagins. Nothing I ain't been through before. Probably do it again. I worked for this guy before and I wish now I'd have burnt that bridge, but hell, this time it'll be spectacular. Just need somewhere to go, and pasture for my horses.

Something'll come up, it always does.

Lemme know if you get near Roswell or Ft. Sumner, I'll buy you a taco or something.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby Velcro Bottom » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:39 am

Also, at some point in time, I plan on learning to spell "shenanigans."
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby friendship » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:48 pm

update to Operation: Friendship Life Detonation. I spent a solid 6 weeks looking for an apartment (don't put your roots down in NYC, folks) and finally signed a lease the night before the movers came. Probably the most stressful 48 hours of my life. But the apartment is larger and nicer, and the landlords are a young married couple who live downstairs and seem really nice. Big fucks to faceless property management corporations. So I'm still stuck in my brutal job, but at least I have a place to live? The internet guy came this morning and saw my recording setup so we talked about making music as an emotional coping tool, so that was neat.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:02 pm

Velcro Bottom wrote:I've never been sicker in my life than after eating peyote, and had a shitty trip.

Your mileage may vary.

I'm a cowboy. Taking care of a place a couple of hours north of Roswell. It's a run down dump and the house doesn't have heat and the paycheck's usually late and everything's broke down and you can't drink the water and the ground's rotten and treacherous and I keep crippling my horses and I'm getting too old to put up with these ranch owner shenanagins. Nothing I ain't been through before. Probably do it again. I worked for this guy before and I wish now I'd have burnt that bridge, but hell, this time it'll be spectacular. Just need somewhere to go, and pasture for my horses.

Something'll come up, it always does.

Lemme know if you get near Roswell or Ft. Sumner, I'll buy you a taco or something.

also this sounds tough but cool but tough?

I very well may hit you up, I want to see the aforementioned Texan friend this winter.
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Velcro Bottom » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:00 pm

Stressful, sure, but there's something exhilarating about cutting things that close. Good luck in your new place, sounds like a good move. Hope so, anyway.

Let me know for sure if you get out this way. Slim odds I'll still be here at this place (I'm fucking around with the matches right now) but I'm trying to stay in this part of the world.

Making a living from the back of a horse is the best. I've seen and done things most people only dream about.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby friendship » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:09 pm

Velcro Bottom wrote:Stressful, sure, but there's something exhilarating about cutting things that close. Good luck in your new place, sounds like a good move. Hope so, anyway.

Let me know for sure if you get out this way. Slim odds I'll still be here at this place (I'm fucking around with the matches right now) but I'm trying to stay in this part of the world.

Making a living from the back of a horse is the best. I've seen and done things most people only dream about.

Haha I mean it definitely distracted me from work stress the way getting punched in the stomach will distract from an infected flesh wound. I listened to Metallica's 80's catalog, popped Adderalls (prescribed by a doctor) and beers (prescribed by the bodega man) while packing and tearing my skin off. It was pretty wild. I thought I'd lose everything, but at least I wasn't bored haha.

Is one of the things you saw like, a giant bug?
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Velcro Bottom » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:22 am

I feel there's a reference there I'm not getting and I wish I did.

One of the first jobs I took I lived in an old bunkhouse that had running water but you still had to go to the outhouse. First morning there, I got up in the dark, started some coffee, lit up my Coleman lantern and sauntered out to ye old shithouse. While sitting there, I noticed the walls looked like they were undulating. I picked up the lantern to get a better look and realized that the walls were crawling with vinegaroons. Niños de la tierra. Ever after that, I'd pack paper in my chap pocket and go scratch in the ground somewhere like a cat.

There was a guy I met in northern Sonora who swore he could take me to see a chupacabras. We went to the deposito and picked up a bucket of beer while he explained to me that what would happen is that it would suddenly get cloudy and then rain shrimp and then the chupacabras would appear. It would be cool as long as we didn't make eye contact. Well, that goat sucking son of a bitch stood us up like a bad date and we had to go get more beer, so I still have never seen a chupacabras or shrimp that rain from the sky, which to be honest, I was really looking forward to.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby K2000 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:50 am

Some good band names in here... Broodsac? Pedipalps?

Behaviour
Vinegaroons are carnivorous, nocturnal hunters feeding mostly on insects, millipedes, scorpions, and terrestrial isopods,[10] but sometimes on worms and slugs. Mastigoproctus sometimes preys on small vertebrates.[10] The prey is crushed between special teeth on the inside of the trochanters (the second segment of the "legs") of the front appendages. They are valuable in controlling the population of cockroaches and crickets.

Males secrete a spermatophore (a united mass of sperm), which is transferred to the female following courtship behaviour, in which the male holds the ends of the female's first legs in his chelicerae. The spermatophore is deposited on the ground and picked up by the female using her genital area. In some genera, the male then uses his pedipalps to push the spermatophore into her body.[7]

After a few months, the female will dig a large burrow and seal herself inside. Up to 40 eggs are extruded, within a membranous broodsac that preserves moisture and remains attached to the genital operculum and the fifth segment of the mother's ventral opisthosoma. The female refuses to eat and holds her opisthosoma in an upward arch so that the broodsac does not touch the ground for the next few months, as the eggs develop into postembryos. Appendages become visible.[17]

The white young that hatch from the postembryos climb onto their mother's back and attach themselves there with special suckers. After the first molt, when they look like miniature adults but with bright red palps, they leave the burrow. The mother may live up to two more years. The young grow slowly, going through four molts in about four years before reaching adulthood. They live for up to another four years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thelyphonida
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby friendship » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:50 pm

Velcro Bottom wrote:I feel there's a reference there I'm not getting and I wish I did.

One of the first jobs I took I lived in an old bunkhouse that had running water but you still had to go to the outhouse. First morning there, I got up in the dark, started some coffee, lit up my Coleman lantern and sauntered out to ye old shithouse. While sitting there, I noticed the walls looked like they were undulating. I picked up the lantern to get a better look and realized that the walls were crawling with vinegaroons. Niños de la tierra. Ever after that, I'd pack paper in my chap pocket and go scratch in the ground somewhere like a cat.

There was a guy I met in northern Sonora who swore he could take me to see a chupacabras. We went to the deposito and picked up a bucket of beer while he explained to me that what would happen is that it would suddenly get cloudy and then rain shrimp and then the chupacabras would appear. It would be cool as long as we didn't make eye contact. Well, that goat sucking son of a bitch stood us up like a bad date and we had to go get more beer, so I still have never seen a chupacabras or shrimp that rain from the sky, which to be honest, I was really looking forward to.

No reference, I was just thinkin' 'bout bugz. I would have been glad to be sitting on the wooden throne as I 100% would have physically shit to behold such a sight. Whoever named vinegaroons definitely meant it as a Bug Slur (imho).

broooooodsaaaaac
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Velcro Bottom » Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:59 am

They really do smell like vinegar, especially if you squish them. They're pretty much harmless though ugly.

Kinda like me.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Previous

Return to General Discussion