Conspiracy Theories You Believe or Find Interesting

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Conspiracy Theories You Believe or Find Interesting

Postby Dandolin » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:27 am

cosmicevan wrote:I heard you can get a metalzone for $22

you can...because time is an illusion :trippy:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Never » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:30 pm

K2000 wrote:Have you seen the YouTube video of the teenage physics buff who explains something about an infinite number of possible universes, and how the Hadron collider knocked earth off its axis by a tiny fraction, so now we are living in an alternate universe and that’s why everything seems so chaotic for the past few years.

:joy: sounds excellent, I have to look this up! I love CERN conspiracies, too -- speaking of, why aren't there more shows and movies like Steins:Gate that incorporate real conspiracies well?

Watched the movie "Conspiracy Theory" (1997) recently, which does, and it was highly stupid and highly fun.

Velcro Bottom wrote:I listen to "The Saucer Life."

Nice, I'll check it out. One of my favorite conspiracy pods, The Farm (it's mostly parapolitical; skip their Covid eps lol, but most everything else is good), has some great eps about like, meta-level UFO conspiracies -- conspiracies about UFO organizations like MUFON.
Never

committed
committed

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:44 pm

K2000 wrote:Remember “Time Cube” from the late 90s? I don’t remember what that was about (multiple dimensions I think)

Time is... simultaneous in four 90 degree quadrants? Yeah, I also forget.

It was almost a favourite, but rather undermined by the weird racist nuances.
solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
duo (electroacoustic vibration exploration): https://wenderlypark.bandcamp.com/
trio (tapes/voice/clarinet/synth/poems): https://ourwaytofall.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/

I also help co-ordinate Okta, ILF's collaborative community ambient project: https://okta.bandcamp.com
Heraclitus Akimbo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby John » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:41 am

K2000 wrote:Have you seen the YouTube video of the teenage physics buff who explains something about an infinite number of possible universes, and how the Hadron collider knocked earth off its axis by a tiny fraction, so now we are living in an alternate universe and that’s why everything seems so chaotic for the past few years.

The problem with alternate reality hypotheses (Mandela effect etc.) is that they always rely on signifying details that are only relevant to an anthropocentric perspective. In other words, it's only things we pay attention to that have allegedly changed, while if there had been a dimensional shift or rift, the more likely changes would be shit like whether we have 5 or 6 fingers per hand, how certain chemical reactions occur, or the weather patterns over the last 500 million years. Not motherfucking Berenstainsteinsteen Bears. And as far as things seeming chaotic for the past few years, the important word is "seems." It's generally the stuff we pay attention to from our our human, Western chauvinist viewpoint.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Velcro Bottom » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:53 am

Never wrote:

:joy: sounds excellent, I have to look this up! I love CERN conspiracies, too -- speaking of, why aren't there more shows and movies like Steins:Gate that incorporate real conspiracies well?

Watched the movie "Conspiracy Theory" (1997) recently, which does, and it was highly stupid and highly fun.

Velcro Bottom wrote:I listen to "The Saucer Life."

Nice, I'll check it out. One of my favorite conspiracy pods, The Farm (it's mostly parapolitical; skip their Covid eps lol, but most everything else is good), has some great eps about like, meta-level UFO conspiracies -- conspiracies about UFO organizations like MUFON.

I'll check out The Farm.

I miss Art Bell and when all the conspiracy shit was complete lunacy, but fun kind of horseshit, rather than the complete lunacy but mean and culture war horseshit.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby Velcro Bottom » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:52 am

There used to be a brand inspector around here who was a complete looooooooon. He'd show up and be a perfectly normal brand inspector, and then when you'd get talking to him while waiting for trucks or whatever, in the middle of some inane blather about the weather or market or blah blah blah, he'd launch in on some wild, bizarre conspiracy theory out of nowhere. For some reason it annoyed everyone else , but I ate it up. He was pretty convinced that there was a family of Bigfoots Bigfeets Bigfootsies Sasquatches running around the Sierra Madre that the US government in conjunction with the Sinaloa Cartel was using to smuggle drugs using time/space portals. He could go on forever if you pumped him, and I pumped him like a windmill in a gale. My favorite was the one where Woodrow Wilson himself drove a Model T filled with gold bullion all the way from Ft. Knox to Villa Ahumada, Chihuahua in 1916 to pay Pancho Villa to raid Columbus, NM in order to get the US involved in WWI. That one was full of Masons and Bildeburgers and Rosicrucians and Templars and a web of pure conspiracy lunacy going back to the 9th century. It was glorious.

Rumor had it he had aluminum foil neatly tucked into the crown of his hat, but I never saw him with it off, so I can't verify. Whenever I would try to bring up aliens, he'd get an annoyed look and almost roll his eyes and say "There's no proof of that."

He's retired now, and the new brand inspector is punctual, and polite, and very professional, and is able to make small talk wonderfully, and I have nothing but respect for her, but I wish she'd just up and let loose with something about UFOs in Antartica every now and then, you know?
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby dubkitty » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:41 pm

i believe that the whole "psychedelic revolution" and its manifestations were a CIA project to get kids into navel-gazing rather than revolution.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby K2000 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:30 pm

John wrote:

The problem with alternate reality hypotheses (Mandela effect etc.) is that they always rely on signifying details that are only relevant to an anthropocentric perspective. In other words, it's only things we pay attention to that have allegedly changed, while if there had been a dimensional shift or rift, the more likely changes would be shit like whether we have 5 or 6 fingers per hand, how certain chemical reactions occur, or the weather patterns over the last 500 million years. Not motherfucking Berenstainsteinsteen Bears. And as far as things seeming chaotic for the past few years, the important word is "seems." It's generally the stuff we pay attention to from our our human, Western chauvinist viewpoint.

He addresses it in the video (found a copy, I think the family took down the original). The hadron collider only changed the weight of like one electron, shifting us into an adjacent reality (the nearer the reality is, the more it resembles our current reality). But I’m paraphrasing…

Also, I said “that’s why everything seems so chaotic” but that’s not anywhere in the video, that’s just my interpretation or my description of current events.

The beginning is cut off, maybe there is a more complete version available…

Can’t seem to embed, sorry:
[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45ZL7nBqwA [/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45ZL7nBqwA
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dandolin » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:32 pm

"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Velcro Bottom » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:24 pm

I've been enjoying "Birds Aren't Real" lately.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:05 pm

which was more fun tho - pre- or post-reveal? Image
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Velcro Bottom » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:11 pm

Yes.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby Blackened Soul » Fri May 20, 2022 9:37 pm

I have come to the realization that conservatives are not homosapien or more than likely terrans.
At first you might think that their actions an beliefs are just out of date or even insanity, but with further study the only conclusion is aliens.
That must be why they are anti woman’s rights, they are a single gender, and why they are so against birth control and abortion, they self clone and it is supposedly a very dangerous and messy ordeal which where if goes wrong they can completely drain out through their singular opening. That is probably where the idea of white peoples not having an ass comes from, they don’t, people like Ann coulter, Bill O'reilly and Tucker Carlson defecate, urinate and give birth through as massive cloaca. Also this is more than likely why they are against the belief that climate change is real, they are terraforming our planet to better suite them. And why they keep promoting fascism, so we all get use to a master race lead by an undead spawn of a sky god.
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Velcro Bottom » Sat May 21, 2022 8:45 am

Makes sense.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby fldrvr » Fri May 27, 2022 9:33 am

My conspiracy theory is that the prevalence of acetaminophen (Paracetamol) use is a driver of social division/inequality worldwide:

A Social Analgesic? Acetaminophen (Paracetamol) Reduces Positive Empathy https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6455058/
Effects of acetaminophen on risk taking https://academic.oup.com/scan/article/1 ... ogin=false
Does Taking a Painkiller Make You Less Empathic Toward Others? https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... s-empathic

"Acetaminophen is the most common drug ingredient in the United States. It’s found in more than 600 different medicines, including prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers, fever reducers, and sleep aids as well as cough, cold, and allergy medicines. Each week, approximately 23 percent of U.S. adults — or 52 million consumers — use an acetaminophen-containing medicine." https://www.chpa.org/our-issues/otc-med ... taminophen

"Tylenol (acetaminophen) is the most popular over-the-counter (OTC) pain relief medication used in the U.S. and around the world." https://www.drugwatch.com/tylenol/

"Over 25 billion doses sold per year" according to the US National Library of Medicine https://online.regiscollege.edu/blog/de ... inkillers/

:idk:
Good deals: Monkey Boy, julius_deane, oldangelmidnight, K2000 (x2), kbithecrowing, Casavettes, leaves turn, psychedelicrelic, nevada, alexsga, sa1126, Invisible Man, foot, solewheelin', hbombgraphics, bronzetalon, Aquietcabin1978, bass_econo, christafarai; (on TalkBass) jazzyitalian, MicG, bufert57, marineman227, karter2000; (on TGP) leray1, Electroman, bigEbeer; (on DIYstompboxes) LucifersTrip, lethargytartare; (on HC) StratsRule07, lfrz93, Firebrand, caeman, bluesthug
fldrvr

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion