Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: YouTube ditches the number of dislikes

Postby goroth » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:54 am

I see the word "ditches".
I think of digging through them.

ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby oldangelmidnight » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:08 am

Is Rob Zombie having a moment? I saw two references to Dragula in the last couple of days.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:32 am

It's Halloween and he likes his ditches and witches?
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby repoman » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:11 pm

I think this is absolutely horrible and imo obviously done for political reasons and for youtube pushing their agendas/controlling thought/opinions. I use youtube probably 30% for product and tool reviews and the dislike function is critical for wading through the plethora of horribly made reviews and just shitty behavior/content in other areas of videos.
I'm optimistic about legit competitors finally making inroads however, youtube has become fairly awful all around, it's borderline impossible to find videos these days that don't have huge amounts of money pushing them through.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Pepe » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:02 pm

For me it is fabulous, though. I have a few videos that get negative ratings, because people don't like a pedal. Or they don't like the sound it produces. Or I didn't play a song that they connect with a certain effect type (I don't play famous stuff, only my own ideas). I have always hoped that this would happen. It is, of course, awful for people like you who have another approach of using YouTube.
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby repoman » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:39 pm

Never thought of that, makes sense.
Can you opt out of likes though? I think I've seen vids without any rating system before this.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dandolin » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:05 pm

if this spurs more users to make videos in which they articulate their dislike for other videos, then job well done :p
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:23 pm

repoman wrote:Never thought of that, makes sense.
Can you opt out of likes though? I think I've seen vids without any rating system before this.

Yes, that's possible, it doesn't show any likes or dislikes this way.

But for my videos I like the update. Take my "newest" video (from 24th December last year) for example: the rare BOSS SP-1 Spectrum. Thoroughly demonstrated with each bypass and effect sound. Clean and distorted guitar examples. Bass guitar examples. Electric piano examples.
56 likes, 2 dislikes (for whatever reason!) = 96.6%

Or even worse: BOSS PH-1R. Various clean and distorted guitar examples, electric piano and clavinet examples plus string synth examples with my analogue KORG Trident.
43 likes, 4 dislikes (what did I do wrong?!) = 91.5%

I know: first world problems ... but the thing is that I put so much effort in my videos of the last few years that every dislike is almost physically hurting me. If those folks would at least write why they gave a negative vote. But nope. So I'm looking forward to the new method.
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby repoman » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:27 pm

True...it's probably botting or something weird.

If you look at artist run channels that upload their music "officially" (example: Elvis Costello having an official youtube channel with his music), those get bombarded with dislikes almost immediately and have a very strange number of dislikes...like 30% out of 12,000 views.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby frodog » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:42 pm

Respectfully, you're all wrong.

YouTube is doing this to placate the big commercial actors on the platform that don't want negative consumer feedback to be seen (they can already delete comments but apparently that wasn't enough). Sure, there are some smaller creators that are more thin-skinned and some that are regularly dislike-bombed, but there are also people who leave an honest dislike and maybe also explain in the comments what it is they had a problem with, which after all means the video gets more engagement.

What you have to remember is that YT is a giant site with all kinds of people on it every day. Some of those people are what you'd call trolls, toxic assholes that get pathetic kicks out of spewing hate and disliking everything, even the creators they regularly watch (so-called hatewatching). I know some streamers that unfortunately have attracted toxic communities, consistently get an almost double dislike to like ratio on their streams/videos. These are often in the thousands, and not bots. Think about that before you complain about 4 thumbs down, which you shouldn't take seriously even. Your videos are good, and this removal of the dislike count is a bad move, imo.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:53 am

oldangelmidnight wrote:Is Rob Zombie having a moment? I saw two references to Dragula in the last couple of days.

Are you implying the Rob Zombie moment never stopped?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:14 pm

"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to General Discussion