Anyone into BOARD GAMES?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Anyone into BOARD GAMES?

Postby PanicProne » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:34 pm

Actually met my gf on geeky board game night. That being said, we're prob not "proper" nerds, but still play occasionally. Our game collection constists of:

Betrayal at house on the hill + expansion (not the best gameplay but love the theme, we always enjoy playing this, Lustmord being the obligatory soundtrack)
Pandemic (is fun until one player gets too competetive, even though it's co-op, takes over and tells everyone what to do)
Time Stories + all released expansions (not played them all yet though, this has gotten a lot of time in our group)
Dead of Winter (actually pre-ordered this when it came out, still have it around and want to love it but always end up disappointed by it. Just can't seem to list it for sale for some reason)
Dice Settlers (Which I backed on KS and really liked but will never be played again cause one in our group decided "it's not for her" after our first 20min attempt at it)
Chronicles of Crime (backed this KS too, haven't gotten round to playing it yet)

We occasionally play Ticket to Ride, Unstable Unicorns (one of our faves!) and Takenoko too!

Also, backed Etherfields on KS and reaaaally looking fwd to/have high hopes for that!
Last edited by PanicProne on Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:12 pm

I was pretty tempted to back Etherfields. Just didn't pull the trigger. Curious to hear your thoughts
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Achtane » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:59 pm

Is there a good 2-player co-op game? It gets kinda old just playing against each other.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Benn Roe » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:39 am

Achtane wrote:Is there a good 2-player co-op game? It gets kinda old just playing against each other.

Spirit Island! Or Mage Knight! Or Codenames: Duet! Honestly, Pandemic, Forbidden Desert, and that whole family of games plays great with two players. You just each play two roles and take two turns each round.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby PanicProne » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:00 am

Achtane wrote:Is there a good 2-player co-op game? It gets kinda old just playing against each other.

Out of the ones I own/listed above TIME stories, dead of winter, pandemic and chronicles of crime are all co-op. They're all good fun, however I've only played these with 3-4 ppl, so wouldn't know what it feels like with "only 2". DOW kinda loses an element (the betrayer) when played with only two and we haven't played chronicles yet though, so no opinion on that. Pandemic is a good game to start with as long as you actually let the other player play, rather than have to focus on optimization all the time. Otherwise it easily ends up with one player telling everybody else what to do.

MrNovember wrote:I was pretty tempted to back Etherfields. Just didn't pull the trigger. Curious to hear your thoughts

Cool! I usually back out last minute but decided to just go for it this time. A long time before it gets here but will keep you posted once we've tried it, haha.
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:45 pm

So we've bought a bunch of board games lately.

We've been playing a ton of 7 Wonders Duel and have been loving it.

Also ordered Brass Birmingham and the Dune board game. Just played Clank and loved it too, so probably going to buy that as well
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Achtane » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:03 pm

Oh hey, I totally forgot that I posted here 2 years ago :lol:

We went on a kick of buying games over the last few weeks and got:

Elder Sign + Streets of Arkham expansion
Forbidden Island
Forbidden Desert
Hogwarts Battle
Marvel Champions
Exploding Kittens
Unstable Unicorns
Rook
7 Wonders Duel

Board games rule.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby 01010111 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:45 am

board games? More like bored games, amirite?

Seriously though, I miss the board game bar in Portland Oregon. It was a great way to meet people.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:51 am

So I finally bought Scythe and absolutely love it! I've even managed to convince my wife to play a few times. It also has a solo mechanic that is surprisingly fun to play.

We also bought Clank! In! Space! which is also a great game.

We were also gifted the Disney Villains board game, which is ok. It would probably be better with more people. A lot of it seems to be based on random chance, which isn't super exciting.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby goroth » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:17 pm

I play exploding kittens with the microraptors. Good fun game that I could easily see being playable with a few beers and a bunch of homies.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby MrNovember » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:31 pm

goroth wrote:I play exploding kittens with the microraptors. Good fun game that I could easily see being playable with a few beers and a bunch of homies.

We've played a ton of Exploding Kittens. The expansion Imploding Kittens is also really good; it adds a few extra mechanics that can change things up a bit.

I also backed their other games, Bears Vs Babies and Throw Throw Burrito. Bears Vs Babies is kind of fun, but we haven't played it that much. We haven't even really tried to play Throw Throw Burrito, probably shouldn't have bothered with that one
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Previous

Return to General Discussion