Postby qersty » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:56 pm

blessed by the berserk anime being on netflix
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: The Netflix/Hulu/Prime Thread

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:57 am

The Menu is awesome! if you hate the whole extreme foody rich peoples culture shit in travel, cook-off and celebrity chef shows then you will love this brutally funny black comedy :snax:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:42 pm

Excellent! Been meaning to watch that for a while, it sounds great. :thumb:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby coupleonapkins » Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:16 pm

Haven't Netflixed inna while, but I did find that Jordan Peele (eh) produced a new Henry Selick movie!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJp5pLsXhgo

Oh, but the last thing I watched on Netflix was Blonde, which soured me to the whole Film As Art conceit, as the movie was hell bent on squashing that notion in one fell swoop :facepalm:

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dowi » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:59 am

The Menu is still on my list, but i watched White Noise on Netflix last week and it's a fun and weird story, a sort of dark comedy/drama hybrid that works well without being too over the top, it's a "just sit there and enjoy the ride" kind of movie. Recommended.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:44 am

Didn't realise there was a movie of that, it's a cool book so I'm intrigued.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby coupleonapkins » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:50 am

Found out about a new hour long movie ("The Viewing") by Panos Cosmatos, then realized it was part of Guillermo Del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities series. Basically, GDT introduces each episode Hitchcock style & then the ep proceeds, with a few based on GDT stories, w/e, but Cosmatos' episode felt like a hour's worth of his two longer films (Beyond The Black Rainbow, Mandy), which if you like either of those movies, you're going to have a great time, but you also already know what you will inevitably experience (drugs, long bouts of deceptively thin dialogue, ornate instruments of death, & a variety of generally brain-melting images). Highly recommended!

Dowi wrote:The Menu is still on my list, but i watched White Noise on Netflix last week and it's a fun and weird story, a sort of dark comedy/drama hybrid that works well without being too over the top, it's a "just sit there and enjoy the ride" kind of movie. Recommended.

USA Netflix won't have it until awards season is over (2 or three months from now), but I'm glad you saw it! I really enjoyed The Meyorwitz Stories, by the same director, which feels kind of unsung at this point, as well as Mistress America (not sure if it's on any platform these days), both of which are worth checking out.

From what I've seen so far, I don't have a ton of hope for his version of White Noise based on the book I read years ago, but I'm still looking forward to seeing it.

FWIW, Paul Thomas Anderson took an undergraduate class that was taught by David Foster Wallace, wherein one of the assignments was an assessment of White Noise (the novel). I can't imagine what a version either one of those two people might have submitted as a film treatment, but I guess we'll never find out :grumpy:
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Blackened Soul » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:15 pm

I bailed on white noise a 1/4 way in… it isn’t horrid… it’s Shakespearey… the dialog delivery is like when they do movie adaptations of Shakespeare plays… also the collage “feels” a lot like Evergreen which I live like 10 miles from… I think you have to really be in the mood for this one….
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:54 am

Yeah I told you, it's one of those movies you gotta just relax and follow the vibe. Not having read the Book i didn't have any kind of expectation at all. :idk:
Uh, i watched The Menu and found it kinda boring and predictable. Like, after 40minutes or so I was already waiting for it to end. :idk:

@coupleonapkins I remember enjoying the Meyerowitz stories when it came out.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:17 am

Been working on catching up on some movies that I have been meaning to watch for ages. I've recently watched:
The Menu - watched this with my wife who isn't a fan of horror movies, but we both really enjoyed it
Parasite - I went in with pretty high expectations due to all the awards and recommendations from friends, but it lived up to all that. I really enjoyed it
Everything Everywhere All At Once - again I had this recommended to me many times so I had very high expectations, and again, it totally lived up to them.
Bullet Train - I went in expecting a funny action movie, and I got a funny action movie
Glass Onion - I think I liked this more than Knives Out, but I honestly barely remember Knives Out. This one seemed more self-aware that it was a comedy/satire murder mystery thing
Troll - fucking awful and now I just want to go watch Trollhunter to make up for it
Spiderhead - this was a pretty terrible movie too. Incredibly predictable and boring
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Blackened Soul » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:09 am

MrNovember wrote:Troll - fucking awful and now I just want to go watch Trollhunter to make up for it

Yeah.. it's basically a generic Godzilla movie but with a giant troll.. hated the end and backstory/mythology.. I just kept hopping a white jeep covered on spikes would show up and tie it to Troll hunter.. it never did... with a bit of actual imagination they could have done something cool... but they played it safe...
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:44 am

Blackened Soul wrote:
MrNovember wrote:Troll - fucking awful and now I just want to go watch Trollhunter to make up for it

Yeah.. it's basically a generic Godzilla movie but with a giant troll.. hated the end and backstory/mythology.. I just kept hopping a white jeep covered on spikes would show up and tie it to Troll hunter.. it never did... with a bit of actual imagination they could have done something cool... but they played it safe...

Yeah, watching this as a Norwegian, they really left out a lot of the regional flair and lore that could have made it interesting. Also, the way the government, army etc. was depicted was so obviously based on action movies from the US, and not how stuff actually works up here.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:50 pm

Gotta maintain proper parliamentary procedure to handle Godzilla in a properly moderate social democratic way
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby coupleonapkins » Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:13 am

Some post awards sneezin' updates:

Saw White Noise, which was absolutely terrible, even with the DePalma sequence, even with the triumphant return of Carlos Jacott, nobunny was safe from the fiery ashes of the egregious expense that film cost (emotionally & per Netflix). Also RIP to the city of Ohio wherein the Airborne Toxic Event actually ended up happening IRL :cry: :no: :( Better news: I cancelled my Netflix account after 12 years soon afterward :animal:

However, I did find this YT vid, which takes the best scenery from White Noise & does sew musch moore, forty years earlier but somehow in time with that timeline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuCjU3befRY

Oscars were great if you liked the two movies that won all the awards, juan of which I didn't know one eggisted (guess, Sir Douglas Sirk!), and the other was the hotdogfinger moobie, which was a great 2.7hr trailer for a better movie that maybe someone will make (Marvel, because they love a good sequel, and it's practically a Marvel movie, anway, already, all at juance). Respect 2 Juan, however, possibly 2 Marcel w/ thee Shoes (still on the fence!).

Strike 3 was Triangle of Sadness, which seems to have been written like a Mad Lib by a Danish person (ding ding ding!), but somehow one of the leads who died after filming wasn't included in the "In Memoriam" montage during the Oskars? #howdare? Worth yer thymme? Depends on how much the word "Balenciaga" could possibly work in a joke to you & your fambly (let's bee reel 4 a second...... :facepalm: ).

Good thing Cisco Pike is on youtube (may or may not be available to those residing within sad otter counties/I'm sorry/trapped in a drive-thru):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPCtCxXfHuw

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Warpsmasher » Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:34 am

Calling all Moebius/Fantastic Planet/Gandahar/Heavy Metal/Ghibli fans:

Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous