The Automotive (& other mechanized vehicles) thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Automotive (& other mechanized vehicles) thread

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:01 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby repoman » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:27 pm

F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby crochambeau » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:42 pm

That video reminds me of Fred Dibnah.

My tags expire on the 31st of this month. It's something of a dilemma, as my engine is super tired and I don't have a rebuilt one on hand to drop in, so I'm sort of thinking it would be nice to just let registration slide and then force myself to make the time to work on the car. BUT, this would result in four "project" cars at home, and while my wife is wonderfully patient, I'm pretty sure that would be pushing my luck.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Achtane » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:29 pm

It's ok, between the two of us we have four 20+ year old cars, one of which is roadworthy, two that run at all, none with current inspection stickers.

...#swag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:32 pm

So your plan is to chop them up and weld them all together into one supercar?
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby colin » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:04 pm

I'm really starting to miss having a project car. I'm thinking that for my next project I want to do Smyth ute conversion to a mk4 VW.
colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:32 pm

Can't see those photos, Colin.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd0io1zktqI
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Achtane » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:58 pm

Replaced the idler arm and pitman arm in the Grand Marquis and got rid of the terrifying tendency to float all over the road at highway speed.
Also, switched the cooling fan out and now it works as intended, yayyyyyyy!
Man, I forgot how nice it is to drive a car that's not a mid-90's Japanese economy car with shit suspension :lol:
Unfortunately, I won't even really get to -- my wife's hateful piece of shit Chevy is currently dead, so she'll be driving the GM. Time to roll that fucking thing down a hill, into the ocean, on fire...

I have a full set of replacement struts for the Corolla though, so the days of it BANGing on every little bump are gonna come to an end, next weekend.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:09 pm

So, this fucking thing popped up in my recommended youtube videos. Praise be the algorithms!

Also, I sucked it up and renewed my registration. Gotta be putting some sort of engine situation together soon.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:18 pm

That looks like a good one. :thumb: I'll watch that later. Thanks! :hug: Great channel too. :)*
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:57 pm

Never occurred to me that lots of people are really into old tractors, this vid makes me want to have a cool old european tractor. I don't even know what those Lanz things are, they are like a tractor thats a car? They look like something from the Munsters or Rob Zombie.
Theres one called the Lanz Bulldog which is interesting to look up, 10.5 liter single piston engine that makes 45 hp at 600 rpm and it can run without the piston actually making a full rotation, so technically its running at 0 rpm.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby crochambeau » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:27 pm

There's a used VW type 3 pancake engine still sporting its FI set-up local to me for a few bucks. Hoping to have a look at it on Monday. If it turns it's coming home with me.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby RobV » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:48 pm

1st ride of the season today! I might be moving south so won't have a riding season as I will be able to all year around!
RobV

interested
interested

Postby Circuithead » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:09 pm

Achtane wrote:Replaced the idler arm and pitman arm in the Grand Marquis and got rid of the terrifying tendency to float all over the road at highway speed.

Do you have to use a puller for the pitman arms on grand marquis? Is it all metal or is there some rubbers on them that cause it to degrade? I never thought about replacing pitman arms unless they're physically damaged.

I took a ride in a janky lifted C10 once that didn't have a modded pitman arm and OH MY GOD the bump steer was just insane.
Circuithead

committed
committed

Postby BlackOceans » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:15 pm

Im a mechanic by trade (albeit out of the business), and been around and racing my whole life. Through the years, I've had some cool ones

69 Nova
87 Grand Prix
82 Cutlass Brougham

Some good everyday trucks, Avalanches, Suburbans, F250s, etc

And between my self and buddies, COUNTLESS fox body mustangs, I prefer the 4 eye variants, the last was a 86 LX notch. Smallblocks, stock suspension, small tires, and nitrous
BlackOceans

involved
involved

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion