· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General discussion at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: the post-political discussions thread

Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:51 pm

That Guardian story is fishy as hell - lots of supposition, British media is garbage. I'm sure the Russians would love for us to be in disarray but, uh, we want the same for our global competitors. That's how superpower politics work. The US has never needed Russian help to be more divided and more reactionary.

In reactionary news, over the last two days the Biden admin has come out in favor of rolling back labor protections for au pairs (I'm sure rich donors had nothing to do with this) and weakening HUD rules for safety (I'm sure rich donor landlords had nothing to do with this).

Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:56 pm

[quote=]Russians Russian Russia[/quote]

While I'm sure all Russians are evil and just want the world to burn... :facepalm: I have always found the Russia "issue" to be more of a scapegoat than anything else. All the problems these so called Russians are/have caused would not be a problem if it wasn't for the fact our country is to gramps-centric with our polices, governing, courts, media, security, financial watchdogs all being ready for a fresh set of adult diapers and a nap. Look at Uber and Air B&Bs... those were able to get going faster than laws and accurate information on the issues they bring then most people in government even knew they existed... I still think the the previous election had a % of the swing because you had one person that was hacked twice going against someone that APPEARED to be using tech constantly [twitter is the internets yo]. Things are moving so much faster than our government can deal with and giving people that WILL vote for Dianne Feinstein again that warm and cozy coldwar frenemy to blame everything on means they can continue to live in a fanciful cloud.

Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:25 am

jirodreamsofdank wrote:That Guardian story is fishy as hell - lots of supposition, British media is garbage.

Much British media is garbo, but the Guardian is pretty legit if you ask me.

Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:06 pm

The Guardian can be decent but being the best British paper is like being the smartest, most reasonable Republican. It's a low bar to clear.

For instance, from that piece:
Western intelligence agencies are understood to have been aware of the documents for some months and to have carefully examined them. The papers, seen by the Guardian, seem to represent a serious and highly unusual leak from within the Kremlin.

That's just trash reporting.

Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:05 am

There's a website I look at sometimes... emptywheel.net

She also said that the Guardian article seems fishy. It changes the previously-known timeline of the Trump campaign's interaction with Russians in a way that provides cover for people. And she also notes that no other papers have run the story, only the Guardian. If it was definitely legitimate, the story would be in all the papers.

Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:02 pm

Man, Biden and the Democrats are fuckin' useless. At least I haven't had to see someone share a BIDEN IS THE NEW FDR puff piece in a couple of months. Going to be cool when private equity raids what little functional infrastructure we have after the bipartisan bill.

Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:49 am

Yeah, politics in the U.S. still suck. :cry:

Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:37 pm

I like to think they suck a little closer to the normal amount now though?

Re: Pussy Riot for President!

Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:50 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xd0WlrSEik

Re: Are we in trouble again yet???

Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:09 pm

Are we in trouble again yet?

Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:22 pm

that's too real.

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:35 pm

Check out Kyrsten Sinema's battle jacket:

:idk: :facepalm: :rock:

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:25 pm

I'm getting really tired of saying I told you so to people...

Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:56 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Check out Kyrsten Sinema's battle jacket:

:idk: :facepalm: :rock:

I know the detailing is fake, but still, what a dumb worthless fuck.

Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:58 am

Sometimes I wish I were stupid and didn't care anymore. :cool: :mope:
Post a reply