POLITICS: what have you done for us lately?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Republicans, apparently, don't know a "radical leftist"

Postby K2000 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:09 am

jirodreamsofdank wrote:It's incredibly Democrat that they ran ads that said "vote for us for $2000 checks," then changed that to $1400 once the runoffs were over, and are now bargaining with themselves to exclude ~40% of the people who received the last stimulus, without increasing the amount for the people under the threshold.

When the two checks were supposed to be relatively close in time, then you could explain how they added up to $2000. If the two checks are like 5-6 months apart (which looks likely), it takes gymnastics to explain that $1400 is actually $2000 because of the $600 (that you received last year).

As far as narrowing the eligibility, it's going to be horrible if there are millions of people who got checks from Trump, but they didn't get checks from Biden.

I have my fingers crossed that Democrats are not going to quickly blow the whole trifecta: house, senate and white house.

It doesn't hurt to call your Senators (and Representatives' when appropriate) offices... remain calm, you are probably talking to an intern. With the Covids, it's all voice mail now. This situation might already be fully baked, but maybe for the next thing...
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Re: Isn't it way past time for Lindsey Graham to retire???

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:26 pm

Incredibly painful to watch liberals still obsessing over Trump and the Republicans, it's becoming 'boomer addicted to Fox News' levels of sad.

I guess it's easier to mainline CPAC news than confront the reality of Biden bombing Syria and Democrats controlling Congress and the White House but abandoning the $15 minimum wage that was in their last two platforms.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby Gone Fission » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:59 pm

Joe Manchin and Krysten Sinema abdicating the Senate to Republicans because of frontal lobe damage doesn’t precisely feel like all the rest of congressional Democrats abandoning the $15 minimum wage, but okay, blame all Democrats for the two idiots who believe that McConnell will only wield the filibuster with our best interests in mind. The rest of the bunch have been pretty consistently pulling together towards not-awful things, so I’m reserving my disappointment for those who have earned it.

I dunno, my thoughts turn to Shitshow and his maladministration pretty much in terms of the unfucking that needs to happen specifically because of these. The minimum wage is beyond this, since it’s lower (adjusted for inflation) than it was in 1968 by about $3. So this detail is a much longer term unfucking.

I didn’t expect the stupid-politik of the Middle East to resolve in my lifetime, but I hear you. Voting for Jill Stein or Ralph Nader doesn’t solve that one, either. More and better representatives in the suboptimal but generally not batshit party that can win elections is the only way I see, but again, I don’t expect all problems resolved in my lifetime, unfortunately.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:12 pm

Good post Gone Fission :thumb:

It’s sad but true... I don’t know if any of us will live long enough to see people stop being mean and stupid...
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:49 am

EDIT - never mind, I've come to the conclusion this silliness is just en masse trolling of the Left by Trump supporters.
Last edited by Lurker13 on Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:08 pm

Gone Fission wrote:Joe Manchin and Krysten Sinema abdicating the Senate to Republicans because of frontal lobe damage doesn’t precisely feel like all the rest of congressional Democrats abandoning the $15 minimum wage, but okay, blame all Democrats for the two idiots who believe that McConnell will only wield the filibuster with our best interests in mind.

Politics is a team sport. 'Democrats' bear responsibility for Manchin and Sinema's obstruction, particularly when no one with power will take them to task. AOC and Bernie and Ron Wyden and Ro Khanna and Rashida Tlaib etc. are good and have not abandoned improving the lives of regular people, but as long as their agenda keeps getting vetoed by the blue dogs, they don't matter. Symbolic progressive bills don't pay anyone's rent.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby Blackened Soul » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:40 pm

jirodreamsofdank wrote:but as long as their agenda keeps getting vetoed by the blue dogs, they don't matter.

As long as moderates are afraid of fucking everything and figure out that they are the ones the cause this you will always have too many

sorry... just keep'n it real...
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:55 pm

Fair point on bringing internal pressure to bear. Schumer may have a better idea of what he’s dealing with than we do, though from general past observation I don’t have as much confidence in him as in Harry Reid or Pelossi.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby the_bright_undead » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:33 am

jirodreamsofdank wrote:Incredibly painful to watch liberals still obsessing over Trump and the Republicans, it's becoming 'boomer addicted to Fox News' levels of sad.

I guess it's easier to mainline CPAC news than confront the reality of Biden bombing Syria and Democrats controlling Congress and the White House but abandoning the $15 minimum wage that was in their last two platforms.

and initially, they drop the ball on minimum wage hike because of parlimentarian?! wtf is a parlimentarian?
where is the will power to come thru on a policy that can only help people?

I am totally right there with you on this, but also it's terrifying to watch his most prominent enablers - most recently mcconnell and pence - take something sort of like a pathetic stand against trumpism, only to roll over mere weeks later and support a 2024 bid, or denounce the election results. i mean these people on jan 6 were targeting pence, and now he's saying, 'maybe they had a right to be mad?!'

and so i end up becoming obsessed with the horror of how deep trump's influence has become. i mean, i assume trump will be too deteriorated mentally (or physically) to actually run in 2024, but he also doesn't really seem to care if he gets there or not. it's just about retribution and hanging onto whatever control he can exert at this point.
good dealings: laowiz, ianmarks, stomping stones, weebles, Errant Tiger, radish, themeanreds, K2000, Never
the_bright_undead

committed
committed

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:56 am

the_bright_undead wrote: the horror of how deep trump's influence has become.

Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:40 pm

"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:03 pm

This lady mangled the "Star Spangled Banner" at CPAC. Youtuber adds organ part to track the pitch variations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7PwsxW2fqs

oh, I see there are a whole bunch of these...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELY9rWMwzrM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQNsMLcNA6I
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby dubkitty » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:06 am

wow, emphasis on the "ow." that's so bad it makes the poorer anthemizers at NASCAR events sound like the Sweet Inspirations.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Re: I need your sweet POLITICAL inspiration!!!

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:10 am

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Re: I need your sweet POLITICAL inspiration!!!

Postby ProCarsteNation » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:11 pm

this is catchy:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMQ8Fi-FLkG

puppies - NO
cats - NO
little toddlers wearing cowboy hats - NO

I'm sure there's truth to trump voters feeling they're not heard
and that you need to hear them in order to heal the nation

but those republicans... oh my!
aural conjunctions on SC

I hate moodswings are awesome! Oh, and I usually post when I'm way too tired...
Invisible Man wrote:do something selfish and live a little.
ProCarsteNation

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion