What are you cooking?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What are you cooking?

Postby friendship » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:48 pm

Made my own lacto-fermented hot sauce with habañeros and red bells. It's radioactive red and tastes delicious, I've been putting it on everything. I want to do jalapeños and tomatillos next.

My friend gave me his old Dutch oven, so I took advantage of a rainy day and made beef bourguignon that came out great!
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:02 am

friendship wrote:My friend gave me his old Dutch oven, so I took advantage of a rainy day and made beef bourguignon that came out great!

Taaaaasty.
That's what rainy days are for.

i've been meaning to post in this thread but i always forget to do it: for the very same reason (rain) last week we made some homemade ravioli, stuffed with a mixture of meat, cheese, raisins, biscuits and spices. It's a typical local recipe, and we've been meaning to do it since ages but never got the time to.
it took us about 2 hours just to roll all the dough, prepare all the stuffing and get the ravioli ready to be boiled. We ended up with about 180pieces, so now my fridge is kinda exploding.
It was tiring but sooo satisfying, definitely got to do more homemade pasta/dough and stuff like that this fall.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:38 am

friendship wrote:Made my own lacto-fermented hot sauce with habañeros and red bells. It's radioactive red and tastes delicious, I've been putting it on everything. I want to do jalapeños and tomatillos next.

mmmm I did this recently but with jalapenos and it is fantastic. Will be doing this whenever I can find good chilis
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gone Fission » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:36 am

Pumpkin cheesecake was made last night. Green bean casserole is in the slow cooker. My missus has her turkey in the oven. In the pause before dressing, roasted Brussels sprouts and garlic mashed potatoes. Deviled eggs and mimosas sustain the cooks.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sears » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:15 pm

I cook every day and always go to relatives' for TD. I have never made a turkey dinner. When my special lady starts talking about all the dishes my mind starts to overload. I'm thinking, if I'm actually cooking meat, how about just salad with it? But I'm doing the cheese potatoes + stuffing. I'm gonna say that, never having been a boy scout or a survivalist, an electric knife sharpener like Chef's Choice is so nice for a day like today.
sears

committed
committed

Postby friendship » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:41 pm

I've been hosting Thanksgiving for my friends for last four years, pretty bummed that I can't this year. I usually make the turkey and gravy (and turkey stock for the freezer) and have everyone bring everything else since the turkey is such a big production.

Instead, I'm gonna roast a chicken, green beans, potatoes, and make boxed stuffing for funsies.
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby VREEEEVROOOOOW » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:59 pm

Yo I'm making confit byaldi and serving it with a 2016 château panet and I'm pretty pumped since making confit byaldi takes forever and I won't even get to eat it until tomorrow
VREEEEVROOOOOW

experienced
experienced

Postby goroth » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:04 am

Never heard of that dish, but after some googling I can say that it looks awesome!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby VREEEEVROOOOOW » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:06 pm

It's almost done now. Pretty excited. The wine is decanting too. I'm more or less following this recipe for the dish: http://www.ellekae.com/ratatouille-a-la ... as-keller/
VREEEEVROOOOOW

experienced
experienced

Postby SPACERITUAL » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:09 pm

I think the question we should really be asking ourselves is, what is the rock cooking? Remember to check in with your buds.
D.o.S. wrote:Yeah I have a Godsmack shirt

jwar wrote:Not to be a dick or anything but My Bloody Valentine sucks ass.

My whole life is a shitpost. One. Big. Shit. Post.
SPACERITUAL

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby VREEEEVROOOOOW » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:02 am

The confit byaldi was incredible! Perfect with that wine too. Made enough of the dish to eat it today as well.

For supper I'm making unleavened white wine cheese waffles based on the first waffle recipe ever. Also making grape jam to spread on them. Gonna drink the selfsame fancy white wine to the meal. Omnom.
VREEEEVROOOOOW

experienced
experienced

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:45 am

Some delicious sounding recipes going on there! I've never tried confit byaldi but I really should. Big fan of all ratatouille variations.

SPACERITUAL wrote:I think the question we should really be asking ourselves is, what is the rock cooking? Remember to check in with your buds.

I smell it.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:57 pm

Hey, New Yorkers, if you can't find a knish, I've found hummus w/ mustard & sauerkraut is a somewhat acceptable substitute. :idk: :snax: :lol:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Gone Fission » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:43 pm

Gone Fission wrote:Pumpkin cheesecake was made last night. Green bean casserole is in the slow cooker. My missus has her turkey in the oven. In the pause before dressing, roasted Brussels sprouts and garlic mashed potatoes. Deviled eggs and mimosas sustain the cooks.

Did the same exact menu again. Still very good.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:54 pm

yesterday for death to colonialist fucks day I roasted brussel sprouts and green beans with diced bacon in a lemon-dijon vinaigrette. tomorrow I'm responsible for Large Bird. :eek:
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion