What are you cooking?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What are you cooking?

Postby coupleonapkins » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:43 am

friendship wrote:Winter is my favorite cooking season, but I'd been unmotivated until a couple I know told me they're going to be producing a baby and when I asked how I could help, they suggested freezing some meals for them. So far I've made

- Garlicky heirloom red beans
- Italian sausage ragu with tomatoes and red wine
- Chicken & potato soup, with mirepoix and tomatoes

And I'm presently cooking canary/peruvian/mayacoba beans with charred tomatillos, jalapeños, and onions and also a can of corn. The ratio of corn to beans is a little higher than I was aiming for but it tastes pretty decent.

Next weekend I'm going to cook my once-a-year chili con carne, and another friend told me lasagna freezes well, so might give that a first shot.

Beanfest: imminent :summon:

I think I ate frozen homemade lasagna for a better part of five years as a kid, and do not regret a minute of it. My mom used to incorporate cottage cheese, but that's before we all discovered ricotta.

I tried to eat a raw tomato everyday after binging a few rewatch seasons of The Sopranos, but I quickly figured out I am a ketchup packet man, possibly slow cooked gravy man (on thee show: "Gravy's good 2nite!", sez Vito).

Hennywaze, I suggest preparing enchiladas, bean-centric burritos, ziti, or assorted pasta bakes for yer freezer-centric frenz, w/ manny happy returnz :bear:

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby mitchelr » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:05 am

I'll try a shrimp salad today.
mitchelr

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby VREEEEVROOOOOW » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:51 pm

I've made this twice & think it's so good that I want to share it: https://simple-veganista.com/vegan-irish-stew/

VREEEEVROOOOOW

experienced
experienced

Previous

Return to General Discussion