the happiness, excitement, and general contentedness thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: the happiness, excitement, and general contentedness thr

Postby VREEEEVROOOOOW » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:30 am

I guess it's not exactly on the same level as the miracle of birth (and congratulations to Pepe on that btw), but my album was chosen as one of Noise not Music's favourite albums of 2020: https://noisenotmusic.com/2020/12/27/fe ... s-of-2020/
VREEEEVROOOOOW

experienced
experienced

Postby Pepe » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:02 am

Thank you and congratulations to you! That's awesome! :animal:
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Velcro Bottom » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:03 am

Congratulations to both of you.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:39 am

:rock:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby PanicProne » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:17 pm

:!!!:
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby Lurker13 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:53 pm

I just watched Heavy Trip, that was a blast. I especially liked the puking on the audience. :lol: :rock:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:39 am

the feeling when you do all the measurements, pay the money, and order a custom case for your bowed acoustic instrument that eventually arrives a month later and fits your instrument perfectly. probably will be holding onto this feeling for the rest of 2021, but at least i get one small moment to hold onto now... its definitely the small things that keep one from drifting fully into the void...
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby Lurker13 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:32 pm

Buying the Duo Sonic has really opened the door to guitar playing back up for me. Today I put Power Slinky strings on my SG, tuned it down to Iommi standard, and spent about an hour-and-a-half playing nothing but the most sinister, doomy riffs I could dream up. I feel sorry for my family and possibly my neighbors, but it was pure joy. :joy:

I'm just starting to understand how giving up playing for about 5 years (unless you count about one hour every few months as 'playing') left me feeling spiritually impoverished. It's good to be creative again.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:39 pm

As a "high risk" person due to a compromised immune system, I've largely not left the house in 11 months. As being categorized this way, I also was able to get vaccinated (had the 2nd dose 10 days ago) so last night was my first getting together w the fellas in quite some time. Just 4 of us total...hung at my buddies place and then went out to a fancy steakhouse. We were supposed to eat outdoors in some tent setup, but the weather was horrendous and somehow we ended up indoors. I didn't care. Had a phenomenal night out, really went baller, ordering off menu bourbon and dry aged steaks. SUPER expensive night, but it was just incredible to have some semblance of "normalcy" in a while.

This makes me really happy. I've been bumming and a bit PTSD over this whole thing and it was incredible to do something like the old days and it really gave me hope that normalcy is on the horizon. I'm also planning to get together and jam with people again in person in March!!! YAY!!!
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MaxMaps » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:14 pm

cosmicevan wrote:As a "high risk" person due to a compromised immune system, I've largely not left the house in 11 months. As being categorized this way, I also was able to get vaccinated (had the 2nd dose 10 days ago) so last night was my first getting together w the fellas in quite some time. Just 4 of us total...hung at my buddies place and then went out to a fancy steakhouse. We were supposed to eat outdoors in some tent setup, but the weather was horrendous and somehow we ended up indoors. I didn't care. Had a phenomenal night out, really went baller, ordering off menu bourbon and dry aged steaks. SUPER expensive night, but it was just incredible to have some semblance of "normalcy" in a while.

This makes me really happy. I've been bumming and a bit PTSD over this whole thing and it was incredible to do something like the old days and it really gave me hope that normalcy is on the horizon. I'm also planning to get together and jam with people again in person in March!!! YAY!!!

That's great news!
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:47 am

Since I bought the Epi it's practically replaced the Duo Sonic as my daily guitar. It's a truly great guitar, and so easy to play it practically plays itself. :!!!:

Gibson/Epiphone 1960's slim taper necks, where have you been all my life? :love:
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MaxMaps » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:22 pm

In some of the best disgusting news, my ears are unblocked. This all started two weeks ago, when in the middle of the night my right ear plugged up - after showering, earwax softener, and various q-tips I finally called the Dr to see a GP. My normal lady who is hella cool was booked for several weeks so I took what ever appointment I could get.

In this time frame I was pretty damn deaf - so bad that I was getting a pass on it. Fast forward to today and I got a gold star for the most earwax the nurse has had seen in 20 years. I am talking about multiple dime sized chunks of nasty shit coming out of both ears - I was in the chair getting cleaned for almost an hour.

Now I can hear crystal clear fuzz.
Last edited by MaxMaps on Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:50 pm

MaxMaps wrote:In some of the best disgusting news, my ears are unblocked. This all started two weeks ago, when in the middle of the night my right ear plugged up - after showing, earwax softener, and various q-tips I finally called the Dr to see a GP. My normal lady who is hella cool was booked for several weeks so I took what ever appointment I could get.

In this time frame I was pretty damn deaf - so bad that I was getting a pass on it. Fast forward to today and I got a gold star for the most earwax the nurse has had seen in 20 years. I am talking about multiple dime sized chunks of nasty shit coming out of both ears - I was in the chair getting cleaned for almost an hour.

Now I can hear crystal clear fuzz.

That's awesome. The victories where only you know...like freeing something from your teeth. THE BEST! I have a buddy going through something with his ears so I know how horrible it can be. Congrats.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:59 am

My gf had a serious problem about two years ago and now she's lost half of the hearing from the left ear, forever. Just looking at her sound spectrum audiogram comparing the two ears i was speechless.
It really made me re-evaluate how much we take for granted, especially as musicians.
Happy to know you're crystal clear now.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:14 am

I've had an ongoing ear thing for about a year, big sympathies. It is very weird and disconcerting to deal with especially as a musician. Congrats on the gross wax clearout of '21!
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion