Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:32 am

Chankgeez wrote:I guess we haven't been collectively happy since 2022. :idk:

MILFCHA 2024!

Re: the happiness, excitement, and general contentedness thr

Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:44 am

:lol:

Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:57 am

PanicProne wrote:That's great to hear! Yeah, being in a room with people is where the magic happens for me. I enjoy noodling at home too, but yeah, a "proper" band beats everything IMO. What's your current band? Hoping to catch up on the gigging side too, eventually :)

Haha! I think about that a lot too, the gear vs music-thing. At least it's nice to find another area where the gear gets used.

Question: Do people in genral stick to the same gear for different bands or does that always change?

For me it's different gear for different bands at the moment because the bands have such different sounds. If I was doing more similar stuff I'd probably try to use a bit more in common! This is my current main band: https://0800hippo.bandcamp.com/album/is-that-alright we make nice indie pop and there's not really much fuzz or crazy guitar sounds :lol: Though some of our not-yet-recorded material is a little weirder.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:50 pm

I gave it a listen. Sounds good! I like the amount of different sounds/instruments in there, without it getting or sounding crowded. I'm not the biggest knower of indie, so references are probably wrong but (based on what I know) feel like there's some Fleetwood Mac, The Weather Station and Ratboys in there. I like the dual vocal/harmony thing too! Keep it up! :thumb:

Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:49 am

Thanks! You recording or playing gigs yet in your project?

Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:44 am

I might be broke but I have been really happy playing at home. Lessons rock every week and I keep at it!

And Fallout is on TV and I just bough 76 again for 7.99 :)

Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:49 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Thanks! You recording or playing gigs yet in your project?

Not really. With the old (now defunct) band we're just finishing up mixes on our two records that hve and are taking forever, haha. For the sort of new band our bassist is on parental leave, though me and the drummer have finished recording drums and guitar and added vocal "sketches" if you may for the next batch of songs. For the third band thing we're lacking lyrics and then we'll start recording a demo. Tl dr; "hopefully, soon", as it alwys is :lol:

Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:26 am

The last year has been the happiest I've been musically in my entire life. Between the Moog Grandmother, Syntakt, TB-3, and Eurorack, I have realized that what I wanted from a guitar was always a synth. I'm able to use my pedals in a new way and I can still use my Strats, but synth and drum machine allow me to make the noises I've always desired.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:30 pm

so glad to hear GOOD THINGS for GOOD PEOPLES!

i'm kind of in the opposite right now, where music making is the least interesting thing i have going on. found out i was being too lackadaisical taking care of my blood sugar (i'm a controlled by diet diabetic) the last few year. a huge food intake change two months ago and working out on the regular for the first time in decades has me feeling better physically and mentally than i have for a long time. good stuff.

but in a dry creative spell. just been reading a ton. when i noodle i have fun, but i have zero urge to make stuff right now. just. do silly noises?

Sat May 04, 2024 4:12 pm

One of my (I wouldn't say best, cause we're not as close as I'd like, but perhaps favourite) friends and his partner are having a baby! Found out earlier today via a group chat we have with them and I've been in happy shock ever since. Especially since I know they been wanting to have kids but have been struggling for a very long time now. Out of all the people I know they'd probably be my top pic as parents too any kid really. There's a few months left but fingers crossed, touch wood etc that it all goes well for them :) :joy: :omg: :!!!: :yay:
Post a reply