It’s back from the dead! The TB Mega Thread.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: It’s back from the dead! The TB Mega Thread.

Postby dubkitty » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:53 am

i thought that was Paul Hanley out of The Fall, and that MES threw a cig butt into his amp.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby cosmicevan » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:52 pm

Did you see the videos? Tony Levin went to the moon with the star wars guy.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:48 am

I got so many great deals in the TB classifieds, back in the day...

DOD Meat Box for $40
Black Russian Big Muff for $35

Those are shipped prices, too... Those are a couple of the more memorable ones. Many gear flippers used to post there. Reverb.com probably changed things though.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MSUsousaphone » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:52 pm

Is Reverb where the pedals are bought now?

cosmicevan wrote:Did you see the videos? Tony Levin went to the moon with the star wars guy.

I loved him in Monk!
MSUsousaphone

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby cosmicevan » Mon May 09, 2022 11:04 pm

I had forgotten about this thread, but I thought I should share some fun I had not too long ago with TB moderation...

I'm pretty active on TB in the effects forum and am fairly vocal about being super anti flipper. For better or worse, I have given people a hard time about charging even $20 more than MSRP and I've been moderated more than a handful of times for the way I approach the topic and those who openly flip stuff for profit.

In any event, on April 1st (cause deep down in my core, I'm evil and doing this on April 1st made things even more tricky to manage) I posted a bunch of Iron Ether pedals at $1k each and a double pedal for $2k. I had reached out to moderators several weeks prior asking if I could list my collection of Iron Ether pedals in response to Taylor (the builder) very publicly auctioning off a new Arcing Prisms that sold for ~$800. My premise (and I fully intended to follow through with this) was that I was upset at the 2ndary market and as such, I would sell my "collection" for this price and donate the profits above MSRP to Ukrainian war relief - to liquidate my pedals at market while sort of taking advantage of the flipper insanity and current climate and putting the grossness to something good. I offered to share proof of the charitable donations to justify this sudden shift in behavior. The moderators took several days to reply to me and said that collectively, the rules were to list my goods at any price I wanted, but I could not disclose my charitable intentions. As such, I felt that the most appropriate course of action was to list them on April 1st. I did this with the heading/subject saying NOT A JOKE and just had a photo of the 1/2 dozen pedals with the prices of $1k per pedal and a note that if you had questions on the sale that you should PM me and not reply to the thread...basically doing all I could to follow rules and ensure that the pending explosion would leave me without a scratch.

The thread got a bunch of replies within minutes and was immediately deleted and I was moderated with the reason "frivolous pricing"....but wait...I had evidence that this was allowed (even the wording on the thread was approved) as I had permission from moderation (because duh - I knew this would implode, how could it not). In any event, it turned into an admin explosion that took the better part of a week to resolve with several threads created by me and others in the know on this asking about it. I had also created a few threads immediately following my deletion based around "what is the highest markup allowed in the Talkbass classifieds" and the like...those were all frozen.

ultimately I went back and forth with admin (one who I knew personally from local NY get togethers in the past) and they created a cosmicevan ruling that was in place for JUST ME - that I could only charge 2 x MSRP. A bunch of BS. I listed only one pedal since the others would have insta sold at that price and frankly I never wanted to sell anything but would have for the point and to put some money in a positive place...but yeah. BS to the extreme.

It was kinda fun for a few days to cause the place to implode on itself, but as expected, they brushed it under the rug as best as possible as the solution.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goroth » Tue May 10, 2022 7:46 am

:rofl:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Tue May 10, 2022 1:31 pm

cosmicevan wrote:... in response to Taylor (the builder) very publicly auctioning off a new Arcing Prisms that sold for ~$800.

Wait, what?
solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
duo (electroacoustic vibration exploration): https://wenderlypark.bandcamp.com/
trio (tapes/voice/clarinet/synth/poems): https://ourwaytofall.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/

I also help co-ordinate Okta, ILF's collaborative community ambient project: https://okta.bandcamp.com
Heraclitus Akimbo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby qersty » Thu May 12, 2022 3:43 am

You are my hero for this :lol:
Heraclitus Akimbo wrote:
cosmicevan wrote:... in response to Taylor (the builder) very publicly auctioning off a new Arcing Prisms that sold for ~$800.

Wait, what?

But yeah what's up with this?!
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby goroth » Thu May 12, 2022 4:18 am

My BST thread here hasn't been nuked. I'm just waiting for the cash to start rolling in.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby MaxMaps » Thu May 12, 2022 11:11 am

goroth wrote:My BST thread here hasn't been nuked. I'm just waiting for the cash to start rolling in.

get that money girl!!!
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Thu May 12, 2022 11:22 am

If someone could cross-post it at TB I'd be grateful.

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu May 12, 2022 3:15 pm

Unless….. it’s a klon……
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu May 12, 2022 3:24 pm

:snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby cosmicevan » Thu May 12, 2022 4:51 pm

Taylor auctioned off a pedal to raise funds for the business was the premise. People bid it up in support of Iron Ether. It was still pretty shitty though
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby qersty » Sat May 14, 2022 3:10 am

cosmicevan wrote:Taylor auctioned off a pedal to raise funds for the business was the premise. People bid it up in support of Iron Ether. It was still pretty shitty though

How? I found the auction and he was pretty transparent about it. Don't think it would raise prices as it was a custom job. I thought it was that he had sold it anonymously on ebay and it got leaked
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion