Re: The what ever thread...

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:07 pm

Did Cher invent yarling?
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:32 am

:lol: Eddie Vedder outed as Cher megastan....
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:46 pm

[lol, would have helped if I'd linked the video :facepalm: ]
Andrew does a great job of demonstrating one of the most annoying aspects of current pop music, but overlooks the other aspect his neato little light-up keyboard elucidates: not only are pop songwriters hanging out on the supertonic, they're just flat out hanging out on one note for excruciating lengths. Yass, influence of rap stress and inflection on sung vox, but singing ain't speech and hammering on the mauvest shade of pale ain't melody, which may have something to do with why i can mainline rap with little irritation while nupop makes me climb the walls.... / :oldrant:
Last edited by Dandolin on Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:15 pm

WARNING: the following is a non-music-related mini-rant. :rant:

The only thing more farcical on Amazon than reviews and comments on reviews are the questions and their so-called answers.

Question: What are the dimensions of that thing?

Answer: Well I ain't got one, but from lookin at them marketing pictures I'm gonna say its about 6" by 3"
By John

I got one sittin over in the corner. I'm lookin over at it, and I'm guessin its about 16" by 12".
By Fred

I BOUGHT ONE FOR HUBBY AND HE LOVES IT!!!
By Doreen

The dimensions are given in the product description. Try reading it.
By Someone Sane
Last edited by Lurker13 on Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:30 pm

Actually, I'm not seeing comments on reviews. Since I'm not logged in, I'm going to assume Amazon didn't ban me. I wonder if it has something to do with last week's events?
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:40 pm

Yeah, the best ones are like "will this fit a 2007 Ford F-150?"
"i dunno i dont have a car"

WHY DID YOU FUCKING ANSWER THENNNNN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:13 am

Achtane wrote:Yeah, the best ones are like "will this fit a 2007 Ford F-150?"
"i dunno i dont have a car"

WHY DID YOU FUCKING ANSWER THENNNNN

:lol: Amazon definitely needs to install a 'Call the Garbage Truck' button to clean up all that detritus, but I doubt they ever will.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:56 am

I like to browse one star reviews of classic/difficult literature or "artsy" movies. Sometimes it feels like people went straight from Marley & Me to reading Moby Dick - "very depressing, unrelatable, such a bummer."
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby Achtane » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:08 am

Documentary reviews on the Prime Video app too. It could be the best science/nature doc ever but there will be a bunch of 1-star reviews like:
"Beautiful visuals but it really put me off that they kept pushing the evolution theory the entire time. You really think some slime crawled out of the ocean and then became these majestic creatures?"
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:27 am

conjectural animation cue
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:13 am

jirodreamsofdank wrote: Moby Dick - "very depressing, unrelatable, such a bummer."

:idk: I can kinda relate to attmepting to wanna pull a "stove by a whale". :lol: :mad: :grumpy:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:31 pm

Any history that's not reactionary hagiography has some delightful and entirely reasonable reviews involving the sexual predilections of the author, the author's mother, and possibly Muslims.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby Gone Fission » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:19 pm

jirodreamsofdank wrote:I like to browse one star reviews of classic/difficult literature or "artsy" movies. Sometimes it feels like people went straight from Marley & Me to reading Moby Dick - "very depressing, unrelatable, such a bummer."

Reminds me of the “Sub-Par Parks” posters, with one-star reviews of stunning parks absurdly captured: http://www.instagram.com/p/B76ODJ-HoaQ/ ... l7x30md3pj
(One example—scroll around for lols.)
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:14 am

Well damn - it's 12:20 am US East Coast time and there are 211 guests online - 211!
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:07 pm

Avenged Sevenfold is wack and has super terrible vocals but I'm high and can't stop laughing at the thought that the singer is actually Macho Man Randy Savage, so now it's listenable.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion