POLITICS: what have you done for us lately?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: I need your sweet POLITICAL inspiration!!!

Postby Dandolin » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:36 pm

"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:54 pm

Stephen Gaskin said back in 1970 that if you want to change the world you have to accept that you'll never see the end of the process in your lifetime. look how long it took to deal with slavery and segregation (to the point we've actually dealt with it). or women's rights, or LGBTQ rights. history moves at a snail's pace, though the expansion of rights seems conterminous to the vast expansion of technologies of communication in the 20th and 21st centuries. still, 40% of this country is totally Neanderthal, so if you can convince 11% of the rest to vote for another fascist Bob's your uncle. this is why i've regretfully concluded that representative democracy is not a viable form of government any more if it ever was, at least not with a two-party system and a bicameral legislative branch deliberately designed to make meaningful change as difficult as possible. multi-party systems with coalition governments don't do well either because liberals are more afraid of the Left than they are of the Nazis.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby John » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:04 am

You said it dubkitty.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Biden assessments???

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:09 pm

:poke:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Blackened Soul » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:43 pm

Do nothing weak pos?
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:57 pm

At the margins, there are a few things I would have wanted more aggressive executive action on. But it’s the twit two holding onto the filibuster like Tina stuck with Ike that’s the biggest problem right now.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:58 am

Gone Fission wrote:there are a few things I would have wanted more aggressive executive action on. But it’s the twit two holding onto the filibuster like Tina stuck with Ike that’s the biggest problem right now.

And this... this lack of them really taking a stand will hurt them next year... really their best hope to gain footing is if tRump actually gets his followers to attempt the coup he is threatening for August....
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:59 am

#Trumpmadaw
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:51 pm

Also, I think when Flynn was suggesting a coup he was actually just suggesting releasing a whole bunch of these in D.C.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzuTMeDncG4

:idk:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:10 pm

Manchin and Sinema are fall guys for 10-15 Democratic Senators who don't care about any of this shit either - their seats are safe, they get to rake in money "saving us from fascism!!!" and never have to pursue policy that challenges the interests of the donor class. Worst case, they lose their seats and slide into seven figure lobbying incomes. The rot is endemic to a party that doesn't want to actually govern.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:11 pm

It's real hard to take Democrats seriously about the 'threat to democracy' when they're still content to pass bipartisan handouts to the richest man in the world, foment Cold War II with China and aid and abet ethnic cleansing in Palestine. Republicans absolutely are a threat to democracy... but the Democrats don't really care.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-polic ... echnology/
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby dubkitty » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:49 pm

#ImWithJiro. of course, my expectations of the new administration were already lower than the floor of the Marianas Trench before they took office, and they’ve quite met them in terms of being useless. there is no hope for this country, and since the US still holds all the cards that means there’s no hope for the world. i was feeling pretty good sbout my life lately, but in the big picture i might as well die.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Re: the post-political discussions thread

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:06 pm

The Trump Oval Office has been likened to the Mos Eisley Cantina.

What I wanna know is who got their arm lopped off?

:picard:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:50 am

There is a brief psychological assessment of Trump, who is described as an “impulsive, mentally unstable and unbalanced individual who suffers from an inferiority complex”.

There is also apparent confirmation that the Kremlin possesses kompromat, or potentially compromising material, on the future president, collected – the document says – from Trump’s earlier “non-official visits to Russian Federation territory”.

The paper refers to “certain events” that happened during Trump’s trips to Moscow. Security council members are invited to find details in appendix five, at paragraph five, the document states. It is unclear what the appendix contains.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... hite-house

I'm sure this isn't being actively discussed back home anymore, but it's nice to see it written out in plain Cyrillic.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:51 pm

LOOK OUT EVERYBODY, HERE COMES A TOTAL BADASS

Last edited by K2000 on Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion