Hviskelek - broken tape deck delay

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Hviskelek - broken tape deck delay

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:38 am

Hviskelek is a juiced up version of the cult classic Seppuku FX Kompakt Kassette circuit.

For the last almost 2 years, Alec of MAE has been commissioned to help me out with this project, including designing and reiterating the boards and listening to my endless OCD rants on minute changes no one would probably care about, so big shout-outs are in order! :hug:

Controls:
Output: output volume
Tape: delay time
Power: envelope sensitivity
Feed: sets the feedback when the left footswitch is engaged (when footswitch is disengaged, you only get one repeat like on the original)
Filter: smooths out the shrillness of the circuit by inputting more lower frequencies from the input as well as cutting the highs of the output
Toggle 1: light clipping that lowers the envelope threshold (clipping button/toggle from the original circuit)
Toggle 2: heavy clipping/distortion (new, designed by Alec of MAE)
Toggle 3: Cut dry/wet only

Quality of life upgrades to the circuit:
- lower input gain. This allows, in conjunction with the new filter, for normal delay sounds with more control over the envelope modulation. Paired with the new feedback feature, you can also get some great lo-fi chorus, vibrato and modulation-distortion sounds (think Pladask Romferd), as well as resonator and wannabe reverb sounds.
- New heavy distortion mode. This allows for even crazier tape-melting sounds and broken videogame sounds as you really go to town on that PT-chip. In the right settings you can even get the pedal to gate itself, causing a stuttering effect. Pair that with oscillating feedback, and you've got something special going on.
- Can be used as a nasty distortion pedal that chews itself up from the inside. Nice.
- Basically, it gets less AND more extreme than the original.

I'm getting the latest (and hopefully final) version of the board sent to me now. If that works as intended and desired, I will start building the first batch of these in late May/early June. Price is TBA. I need to look over my own expenses, price of parts, import/export fees and taxes etc. I just had an urge to make the announcement, hoping it will be the kick in the ass I need to get all of that sorted. Anyways, I'll keep ya'll up to date and post some clips/demos as I inch closer to a release. Thanks for reading for now. :hello:
Last edited by UglyCasanova on Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Hviskelek - broken tape deck delay

Postby fuzzonaut » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:04 am

:drool:

:love:

:!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

and

:snax:
Now: http://www.deepband.ch / https://fuzzonaut1.bandcamp.com / https://glimmbrand.bandcamp.com / https://soundcloud.com/fuzzonaut-1
Then: https://suiciderat.bandcamp.com / Short Films: https://vimeo.com/user28594850
Good deals: wfs1234, Gigahearts_FX, stanimal, greyscales, hatshirt, insubordination, xrleroyx, HolySchnikes, nevada, skullservant, earthbound, chuckjaywalk, D.o.S., antennafarm, skip, hbombgraphics, UC, jwar, nieh, laekna, Rygot, D-Rainger, behndy, jero
fuzzonaut

experienced
experienced

Postby Pepe » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:16 am

I'm looking forward to hearing the demo clips!
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby goroth » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:44 am

Drool
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Dandolin » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:16 am

phwoar! can't wait to hear this with the clipping and feedback! :omg: :snax: :omg:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:03 am

UglyCasanova wrote:Quality of life upgrades to the circuit:
- New heavy distortion mode. This allows for even crazier tape-melting sounds and broken videogame sounds as you really go to town on that PT-chip. In the right settings you can even get the pedal to gate itself, causing a stuttering effect. Pair that with oscillating feedback, and you've got something special going on.

This reads like you've taken ad copy for a modded tubescreamer and replaced half the words with the top search terms on ILF and I love it :lol:
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:06 am

This is very cool.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:24 am

;) :love: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby cosmicevan » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:38 pm

yowza
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:44 pm

:love: :love: :love:
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Velcro Bottom » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:56 am

That thing looks great.
Velcro Bottom

committed
committed

Postby goroth » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:41 pm

backwardsvoyager wrote:

This reads like you've taken ad copy for a modded tubescreamer and replaced half the words with the top search terms on ILF and I love it :lol:

:rofl:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby goroth » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:49 pm

backwardsvoyager wrote:
- New heavy distortion overdrive mode. This allows for even crazier sweeter tapetube-melting sounds and broken ethereal videogame dumble-like sounds as you really go to town church on that PT-chip stratocaster. In the right settings you can even get the pedal to gate itself act as a buffer, causing a stuttering crystal clear effect. Pair that with oscillating feedback huge transparency, and you've got something special going on.

I've reverse engineered the ad copy.

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:19 pm

Omg genius. Someone write this bot.

Crank up the hype-o-meter for this pedal tho
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby cantremember » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:09 am

This looks very cool! Love the finish/artwork! Cant wait to hear the demo.
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Next

Return to Digital Flora FX