BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!



Moderator: Pladask

Re: BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Postby gila_crisis » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:04 am

cosmicevan wrote:The ability to toggle octaves without clearing the buffer is phenomenal. It's a knob tweakers dream. Gotta keep in mind that I cannot toggle the fwd/rev or it wipes the buffer, but it is so great being able to sample and hold something, tweak it, then release it into feedback and build more ambience. It's a homerun!

Stunning too
Image

I envy you ^^ those switches are for sure a game changes. I have and love Bakfram, but looking forward to upgrade to Baklengs ASAP!
gila_crisis

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:37 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Postby cosmicevan » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:33 pm

Ended up swapping my extra for a BAKVENDT and the BAKVENDT arrived today and as soon as I got the kiddies to bed I pulled out all three.

Image

I'm really glad I made the trade. I was a bit hesitant since it seemed to happen so fast and I knew that each was an "improvement" on the general concept and I'd already gotten a chance to check out the BAKFRAM and the BAKLENGS. I find the BAKLENGS to be a MASSIVE improvement to the BAKFRAM. Changing modes on the BAKFRAM is really a deal breaker for me. To me, this is not a set it and forget it kind of pedal, this is a pedal you tweak constantly and even "play the pedal" so to speak. BAKFRAM is an ambient machine, but the workflow is clunky. BAKLENGS fixed the workflow issues and enhanced things by giving you a dedicated control for the 2ndary switch (that can be toggled without losing your buffer!!!). The tones are reasonably similar from BAKFRAM to BAKLENGS, but BAKLENGS is just the correct way to do it.

That said, there's this interesting paradox in the universe where bands release their best stuff early on and vintage gear sounds "better" than modern stuff...well this series is no different. There's a certain magic that BAKVENDT has that is lost on the BAKFRAM and never returns in the BAKLENGS. There's a really rich swooshiness to the reverse aspect on the BAKVENDT. BAKVENDT is really more of a reverse delay thingie whereas BAKFRAM is an ambient machine and BAKLENGS is an instrument unto itself. SUPER HAPPY with this trade. Big thanks to @freqhaus for the no-nonsense, super speedy swap!!!
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1059
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 pm
Location: at the edge of oscillation, NY

Re: BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Postby gila_crisis » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:31 am

out of curiosity I did a check on reverb.... there are 3 Baklengs secondhand/likenew... for about 500usd and few Bakframs at 400-500usd.... that's almost double the price you get a NEW one directly from Knut!
PEOPLE ARE FREAKING MAD!!!!!! :picard: :barf:
gila_crisis

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:37 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Postby Pladask » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:20 am

cosmicevan wrote:Ended up swapping my extra for a BAKVENDT and the BAKVENDT arrived today and as soon as I got the kiddies to bed I pulled out all three.

Image

I'm really glad I made the trade. I was a bit hesitant since it seemed to happen so fast and I knew that each was an "improvement" on the general concept and I'd already gotten a chance to check out the BAKFRAM and the BAKLENGS. I find the BAKLENGS to be a MASSIVE improvement to the BAKFRAM. Changing modes on the BAKFRAM is really a deal breaker for me. To me, this is not a set it and forget it kind of pedal, this is a pedal you tweak constantly and even "play the pedal" so to speak. BAKFRAM is an ambient machine, but the workflow is clunky. BAKLENGS fixed the workflow issues and enhanced things by giving you a dedicated control for the 2ndary switch (that can be toggled without losing your buffer!!!). The tones are reasonably similar from BAKFRAM to BAKLENGS, but BAKLENGS is just the correct way to do it.

That said, there's this interesting paradox in the universe where bands release their best stuff early on and vintage gear sounds "better" than modern stuff...well this series is no different. There's a certain magic that BAKVENDT has that is lost on the BAKFRAM and never returns in the BAKLENGS. There's a really rich swooshiness to the reverse aspect on the BAKVENDT. BAKVENDT is really more of a reverse delay thingie whereas BAKFRAM is an ambient machine and BAKLENGS is an instrument unto itself. SUPER HAPPY with this trade. Big thanks to @freqhaus for the no-nonsense, super speedy swap!!!


Thanks for the writeup! Interesting to read how differently these are perceived. Very happy with how this project evolved. Tempted to start work on another batch this winter but we'll see how it goes. There are so many new projects and restocks I wanna do but the workload is getting quite overwhelming these days.

Fun that you find the Bakvendt to have old-gear mojo. Maybe I should make another batch of those, pre-age them and sell them under pseudonyms on eBay for 5000 $ ;)
Pladask

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Bergen, Norway

Re: BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Postby cosmicevan » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:49 am

Pladask wrote:
cosmicevan wrote:Ended up swapping my extra for a BAKVENDT and the BAKVENDT arrived today and as soon as I got the kiddies to bed I pulled out all three.

Image

I'm really glad I made the trade. I was a bit hesitant since it seemed to happen so fast and I knew that each was an "improvement" on the general concept and I'd already gotten a chance to check out the BAKFRAM and the BAKLENGS. I find the BAKLENGS to be a MASSIVE improvement to the BAKFRAM. Changing modes on the BAKFRAM is really a deal breaker for me. To me, this is not a set it and forget it kind of pedal, this is a pedal you tweak constantly and even "play the pedal" so to speak. BAKFRAM is an ambient machine, but the workflow is clunky. BAKLENGS fixed the workflow issues and enhanced things by giving you a dedicated control for the 2ndary switch (that can be toggled without losing your buffer!!!). The tones are reasonably similar from BAKFRAM to BAKLENGS, but BAKLENGS is just the correct way to do it.

That said, there's this interesting paradox in the universe where bands release their best stuff early on and vintage gear sounds "better" than modern stuff...well this series is no different. There's a certain magic that BAKVENDT has that is lost on the BAKFRAM and never returns in the BAKLENGS. There's a really rich swooshiness to the reverse aspect on the BAKVENDT. BAKVENDT is really more of a reverse delay thingie whereas BAKFRAM is an ambient machine and BAKLENGS is an instrument unto itself. SUPER HAPPY with this trade. Big thanks to @freqhaus for the no-nonsense, super speedy swap!!!


Thanks for the writeup! Interesting to read how differently these are perceived. Very happy with how this project evolved. Tempted to start work on another batch this winter but we'll see how it goes. There are so many new projects and restocks I wanna do but the workload is getting quite overwhelming these days.

Fun that you find the Bakvendt to have old-gear mojo. Maybe I should make another batch of those, pre-age them and sell them under pseudonyms on eBay for 5000 $ ;)



Really fun to compare them...they each have their own charm. BAKLENGS is awesome though. Really loving it. Some day I'll make it out to a FORM workshop. I'm working on my first DIY fuzz right now :)
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1059
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 pm
Location: at the edge of oscillation, NY

Re: BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Postby Pladask » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:19 pm

Still have a few of these leftover that didn't end up on the website

Update: Sold out for now. I've already ordered materials for another big batch that I'll make available through several restocks in the first half of 2022.
Pladask

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Bergen, Norway

Re: BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Postby gila_crisis » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:41 am

Pladask wrote:Still have a few of these leftover that didn't end up on the website

Again a big thank you, Knut!
Looking forward to drone with Baklengs! :!!!:
gila_crisis

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:37 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Postby escarbian » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:51 am

cosmicevan wrote:Ended up swapping my extra for a BAKVENDT and the BAKVENDT arrived today and as soon as I got the kiddies to bed I pulled out all three.

Image

I'm really glad I made the trade. I was a bit hesitant since it seemed to happen so fast and I knew that each was an "improvement" on the general concept and I'd already gotten a chance to check out the BAKFRAM and the BAKLENGS. I find the BAKLENGS to be a MASSIVE improvement to the BAKFRAM. Changing modes on the BAKFRAM is really a deal breaker for me. To me, this is not a set it and forget it kind of pedal, this is a pedal you tweak constantly and even "play the pedal" so to speak. BAKFRAM is an ambient machine, but the workflow is clunky. BAKLENGS fixed the workflow issues and enhanced things by giving you a dedicated control for the 2ndary switch (that can be toggled without losing your buffer!!!). The tones are reasonably similar from BAKFRAM to BAKLENGS, but BAKLENGS is just the correct way to do it.

That said, there's this interesting paradox in the universe where bands release their best stuff early on and vintage gear sounds "better" than modern stuff...well this series is no different. There's a certain magic that BAKVENDT has that is lost on the BAKFRAM and never returns in the BAKLENGS. There's a really rich swooshiness to the reverse aspect on the BAKVENDT. BAKVENDT is really more of a reverse delay thingie whereas BAKFRAM is an ambient machine and BAKLENGS is an instrument unto itself. SUPER HAPPY with this trade. Big thanks to @freqhaus for the no-nonsense, super speedy swap!!!


Very cool collection! Gratulations :thumb: :thumb:
These Bakvendts are extremely rare. :drool:
But I am very grateful that I was lucky to buy a Baklengs after about 30 minutes of "database error" notifications at checkout. :p
The Baklengs is such an intuitive and sonically inspiring pedal, I love it. :love:

Image
~ my pedalboard is my instrument ~
escarbian

User avatar
uncommitted
uncommitted
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:07 am
Location: Germany

Re: BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Postby Seance » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:42 pm

cosmicevan wrote:Ended up swapping my extra BAKVENDT for a BAKVENDTFORTH! Now with BAKFRENS & BAKFAMOLEE trade discount!


This comparison is of interest and interesting. Only thing better would be some clips to douse my senses in.
Seance

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1578
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:04 am
Location: Ontario, Canada.

Re: BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Postby gila_crisis » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:59 am

There it is, my Baklengs in the mailbox! :!!!:
Looking forward to drone with it, when I'll be back home in 2 weeks. :animal:
Untitled.png
gila_crisis

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:37 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Postby cosmicevan » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:19 pm

Seance wrote:
cosmicevan wrote:Ended up swapping my extra BAKVENDT for a BAKVENDTFORTH! Now with BAKFRENS & BAKFAMOLEE trade discount!


This comparison is of interest and interesting. Only thing better would be some clips to douse my senses in.


Clips can be arranged.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1059
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 pm
Location: at the edge of oscillation, NY

Re: BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Postby oldangelmidnight » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:29 am

I put together a little video comparing Bakvendt, Bakfram and Baklengs:
oldangelmidnight

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3432
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: BAKVENDT - ILF Reverse Delay Thing!

Postby Seance » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:40 am

oldangelmidnight wrote:I put together a little video comparing Bakvendt, Bakfram and Baklengs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ke1h6eEqo8

Nice! Thanks.

That's a depth dive of iterative differentials.
Seance

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1578
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:04 am
Location: Ontario, Canada.

Previous

Return to Pladask Elektrisk



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)



ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.