What in the fuck is going on RMA? 2022 version

Moderator: crochambeau

What in the fuck is going on RMA? 2022 version

Postby crochambeau » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:01 pm

Let me start with a quote from the under-rated pedals thread:

ibarakishi wrote:I would vote RMA. the stuff curtis makes is so creative and utterly left field in every step of his process. he has a focus and attention to detail with his work that is mindblowing at times. my tetanus booster is one of my few 'never selling' pedals i own. if i had my way and money wasn't an object, i would own every pedal he has ever done. I wish people showed him more love publicly. If i was ever going to hope to be represented by a brand for pedals for recording albums, etc., RMA would be the ultimate dream come true

Firstly, thank you for the kind words and encouragement, they are deeply appreciated.

That said, I feel an explanation is in order. I have been, either intently or unconsciously, pushing my work under the radar for years now. Minimal to no social media presence, painfully long wait times, etc. There is a host of reasons for that, many of which will probably be overlooked in what I hope to be a neat and concise update here.

HAHAHAHA

I have a lot of stuff "in process", RMA is not dead. I am not an efficient businessperson, and I must play to odd motivations in seeking progress. I guess my motivations are not odd, we're all sound weirdos here - I'm just resistant to pushing through suffering in order to make a buck, which protracts my process quite a bit.

I'm working on my process. There may be some chemical imbalances or locked loops in my grey matter that exacerbate my inefficiencies, these are minor nuisances in the big scheme of things. I'm in a "getting my house in order" phase of the standard life cycles, process focus (not medical or substance based puzzles, no worries). I benefit from an orderly bench, yet tend toward the monumental slob while enjoying intrinsic "flow" in my work. The flow is the meat I hunt, not to disparage resultant artefacts of my work - those devices assist flow elsewhere.

Anyway, I am guilty of being super slow. I am sitting on a repair/modification over a year in the waiting (what's up Chank, you are not forgotten), several other requested builds are in a similar stasis. Stuck, in a sense, but not lost. This is why I resist prepay. This is why I resist self promotion. This is the stillness that surrounds my output.

(RMA Stone Splitter prototype #2)

So what IS happening? I am involved in a live show in a little under one months time, in which I have set a list of goals. Utilizing a Stone Splitter and Mk2 Dirty Doper are both line items on that particular list of goals. The Stone Splitter has some sensitivity adjustment needing to be done in the Schmitt trigger stage or feeding stage, there is abrupt cut-off at a point on trailing notes which needs to see extension, and sometimes there is a touch of false retriggering/motor-boating after I pull a note off.

Discrete transistor topology except where switching is involved. TH 4066 subassembly serving upper output bypass, SMD devices on plug-in board serving internal routing.

It does sound the bee's knees on synths though, so I may just shift focus onto the Dirty Doper to meet my deadline.

With respect to business plan moving forward, I really think that I'm going to endeavour to hand build enough units to "prove" the build, then look into automated manufacture and unpopulated PCBs. Supporting a DIY crowd is somewhat concerning though, since I firmly believe products and designs should be supported, but I am the one person in the position to do so.

I am at present speaking of things not to encourage anyone to contact me for anything, but rather to encourage patience. It will pay off.

I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: What in the fuck is going on RMA? 2022 version

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:16 pm

:hello: :hug: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:28 pm

always much RMA love here, and playing the waiting game fits well with my personal fiscal plan :lol:
i know a Monobius will arrive one day, and what a day that'll be :joy:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fuzzonaut » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:36 am

crochambeau wrote:RMA is not dead.

:!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

:snax: :thumb:
Now: http://www.deepband.ch / https://fuzzonaut1.bandcamp.com / https://glimmbrand.bandcamp.com / https://soundcloud.com/fuzzonaut-1
Then: https://suiciderat.bandcamp.com / Short Films: https://vimeo.com/user28594850
Good deals: wfs1234, Gigahearts_FX, stanimal, greyscales, hatshirt, insubordination, xrleroyx, HolySchnikes, nevada, skullservant, earthbound, chuckjaywalk, D.o.S., antennafarm, skip, hbombgraphics, UC, jwar, nieh, laekna, Rygot, D-Rainger, behndy, jero
fuzzonaut

experienced
experienced

Postby DannDubbleEwe » Sat May 28, 2022 10:01 am

:joy: I am pumped for everything RMA. Doper me up.
DannDubbleEwe

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Never » Tue May 31, 2022 1:30 am

crochambeau wrote:I am not an efficient businessperson, and I must play to odd motivations in seeking progress. I guess my motivations are not odd, we're all sound weirdos here - I'm just resistant to pushing through suffering in order to make a buck

hell yeah :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

This is the stillness that surrounds my output. .. I am at present speaking of things not to encourage anyone to contact me for anything, but rather to encourage patience. It will pay off.

hell yes :omg: :omg: :omg:
Never

committed
committed

Return to Rochambeau Musical Apparatus