The RMA drawing board/etc.

Moderator: crochambeau

Re: The RMA drawing board/etc.

Postby crochambeau » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:37 am

BetterOffShred wrote:Hey :)*

I hope things are going well for you, I wanted to drop in and see if you're still planning on selling a couple stone splitters. I'd love to get one still.. Maybe a few other people. :group:

I do, I will.

Yes.

You're second in line.

I've been terrible about maintaining progress, I shan't bore us with details, but I am working on process streamlining that will hopefully bring me around a bit.

I guess my current line of thinking is to build enough units first hand to prove the circuit. Proving includes in field survival rates. From there I'll decide if I want to court the DIY crowd with the (mostly) through-hole designs while drafting an SMD plot for robots to build because otherwise I'll be overwhelmed. This will result in early run hand built RMA boards and enclosures, (possibly) hand built RMA designs in other peoples style, and faster "modern" stuff that I stuff into the enclosures I fabricate and finish.

Anyway, thank you for the nudge :poke:
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:39 am

That all sounds pretty interesting dude! I'm always excited to see your stuff my friend and I know it'll be worth the wait!
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DannDubbleEwe » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:50 pm

All of that makes so much and and makes me so pumped.
DannDubbleEwe

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Never » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:46 am

Yup, getting excited!
Never

committed
committed

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:15 pm

If you build it ... They will come ..

:drool:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Never » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:02 pm

currently trying to get my hands on a third Tetanus Booster

I got a second one so I could do stereo TB on my drum machines, but it's so good at that, now I've cursed my synth and feedback loops to be TB-less

can't wait to find a third one and try stacking all three... Image
Never

committed
committed

Postby crochambeau » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:33 am

Mmmm, drum machines. Yes.

Hypothetically speaking, were I to build some two channel builds based on the tetanus booster circuit: would a single set of controls running a stereo pair be preferred, or would two sets of controls in a dual mono configuration be preferred?
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Never » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:03 pm

For me personally, I’d love to see one set of controls for two outputs — I was looking for stereo dirt like that and couldn’t find aaanything.

Two sets of knobs would also be great tho and maybe more useful and popular outside of drum machines, since you could put them in mono series and have two TB sounds (three I guess!)

And assuming it split one mono input into two signals (four outputs???), that would be hugely useful either way — but two outputs with different dirt levels or switches set would be really intriguing, esp since you could even out their loudness well with the TB’s two knobs
Never

committed
committed

Postby MrNovember » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:30 am

Never wrote:For me personally, I’d love to see one set of controls for two outputs — I was looking for stereo dirt like that and couldn’t find aaanything.

Two sets of knobs would also be great tho and maybe more useful and popular outside of drum machines, since you could put them in mono series and have two TB sounds (three I guess!)

And assuming it split one mono input into two signals (four outputs???), that would be hugely useful either way — but two outputs with different dirt levels or switches set would be really intriguing, esp since you could even out their loudness well with the TB’s two knobs

I agree, one set of controls running a stereo pair would be pretty useful for all my stereo synth stuff, but two sets of controls in a dual mono build would be very intriguing for experimenting with different routing options. So I guess I'd be in for either option.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby crochambeau » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:13 pm

Cool, thanks for the input! I'll take a run at both formats and see which is the more forgiving experience. I prefer the idea of a single set of controls, but am concerned that component tolerances may cause non-linearities in the stereo field between various settings.

I know this conversation is not gaining traction on any of the bigger builds (Stone Splitter, Dirty Doper, etc.), please forgive my glacial timescales.. so glad I resist pre-orders.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to Rochambeau Musical Apparatus