Outward V2

Moderator: Teej212

Re: Outward V2

Postby winst » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:03 pm

Yep. Just what I did. Googled the time in UK and made sure I did an earlier shift at work in order to get home for the order.

This is a totally normal way for an adult male to behave, FWIW. *cough*

Also, Tom: simply outsource! More pedals! Then less customers! Win win!
winst

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby elefontpress » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:10 pm

I thought the timer was a nice touch. Perfectly synced w the store too. Nice work Tom!
elefontpress

involved
involved

Postby whoismarykelly » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:17 pm

repoman wrote:What will be the price of the first Reverb speculator?

Lower than I figured the first one up would be listed for :whateva:

https://reverb.com/item/26805431-cooper ... rd-v2-2019
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cantremember » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:13 pm

I saw one pop up on reverb yesterday for $405 but it was gone with the quickness. I'm not sure why someone would pay this much for it when it was up for preorder at half the price.
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby elefontpress » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:18 pm

As my dad always said, there are only ever two prices that matter: how much someone's willing to sell it for, and how much someone else is willing to pay.

The Venn diagram for this situation is really wealthy people + really impatient people.
elefontpress

involved
involved

Postby shikawkee » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:17 pm

Got mine today. In the middle of a big project so no time to play today but maybe tomorrow.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Seance » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:55 pm

shikawkee wrote:Got mine today. In the middle of a big project so no time to play today but maybe tomorrow.

Interested to hear what you think.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:49 pm

Seance wrote:
shikawkee wrote:Got mine today. In the middle of a big project so no time to play today but maybe tomorrow.

I'm very impressed. I used it for several hours today and made some presets. The sound is spectacular and Tom did an amazing job. Well worth it.
Secondary functions are a must BTW. Really expands the platform.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Seance » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:16 pm

shikawkee wrote:
Seance wrote:

I'm very impressed. I used it for several hours today and made some presets. The sound is spectacular and Tom did an amazing job. Well worth it.
Secondary functions are a must BTW. Really expands the platform.

What particular applications/approaches do you think it lends itself to over other sonic archery options?
Every quiver requires a demisemiquaver. But to wit and wherefore with the whatfor? Good for a jot, or to
smidge a whit of a sip of the merest particulars from the lip of the slightest porcelain demitasse?
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:50 pm

Seance wrote:What particular applications/approaches do you think it lends itself to over other sonic archery options?
Every quiver requires a demisemiquaver. But to wit and wherefore with the whatfor? Good for a jot, or to
smidge a whit of a sip of the merest particulars from the lip of the slightest porcelain demitasse?

To me the envelope and LFO options can be very subtle or very radical (yet extremely musical) depending on the settings. The pedal is tuned very well (not unlike the Ct5 but not quite that extreme--maybe more hi-fi/slightly less HP). The tuning helps cut out some of the nastiness yet still sounding natural. The secondary functions are pretty brilliant and allow you to tweak the initial sounds quite a bit. From a quiver to earthshaking.

I'm using it after my Mood and Zoia to kind of sculpt the sounds I'm making before it. Blurring them a bit and adding motion and texture. Kind of a last bit of seasoning before delay and reverb.

My favorite settings are the stutter and both time stretching modes but I will also be using the envelope and LFO quite a bit because of the way they respond to your signal.

I only wish there were more presets than 4 but you can't have everything. No volume drop off with this pedal and in fact you can address the wet volume as well as mix and in some modes the digital mix. Pretty brilliant. It's come a long way since I heard it at WNAMM in January and I loved it then. Oh, and thank Jebus for the relay bypass soft switches. A big A+++ for me.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:11 am

shikawkee wrote:No volume drop off with this pedal and in fact you can address the wet volume as well as mix and in some modes the digital mix.

I'm actually noticing the opposite issue. If the mix is fully dry and you turn the pedal on there is a few dB of boost on the dry signal. It goes down when you bring in the wet signal but since Im running it at the very end of my chain it makes it tough to do what I wanted and run it full dry when I turn it on and then bring the mix up slowly to manipulate loops I have going.

Tom - is there a way to adjust that dry level in the pedal?
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:25 am

whoismarykelly wrote:
shikawkee wrote:No volume drop off with this pedal and in fact you can address the wet volume as well as mix and in some modes the digital mix.

I'm actually noticing the opposite issue. If the mix is fully dry and you turn the pedal on there is a few dB of boost on the dry signal. It goes down when you bring in the wet signal but since Im running it at the very end of my chain it makes it tough to do what I wanted and run it full dry when I turn it on and then bring the mix up slowly to manipulate loops I have going.

Tom - is there a way to adjust that dry level in the pedal?

I definitely had to find the right balance between the mix and wet control for sure.
I'm only using a touch of wet plus maybe a 40/60 mix to "feel" the effect the pedal is making but there's still a slight boost I think, though very slight.
Anything other than that balance for sure can be significant.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:53 am

Is there a big difference in the tone/timbre between the v1 and v2 for those modes that overlap?
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Seance » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:14 pm

shikawkee wrote:
To me the envelope and LFO options can be very subtle or very radical (yet extremely musical) depending on the settings. The pedal is tuned very well (not unlike the Ct5 but not quite that extreme--maybe more hi-fi/slightly less HP). The tuning helps cut out some of the nastiness yet still sounding natural. The secondary functions are pretty brilliant and allow you to tweak the initial sounds quite a bit. From a quiver to earthshaking.

I'm using it after my Mood and Zoia to kind of sculpt the sounds I'm making before it. Blurring them a bit and adding motion and texture. Kind of a last bit of seasoning before delay and reverb.

My favorite settings are the stutter and both time stretching modes but I will also be using the envelope and LFO quite a bit because of the way they respond to your signal.

I only wish there were more presets than 4 but you can't have everything. No volume drop off with this pedal and in fact you can address the wet volume as well as mix and in some modes the digital mix. Pretty brilliant. It's come a long way since I heard it at WNAMM in January and I loved it then. Oh, and thank Jebus for the relay bypass soft switches. A big A+++ for me.

Thanks for the write-up of your experience/thoughts! This is the kind of user experience I was interested in hearing about.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Teej212 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:43 am

There is no way to adjust the dry level other than with the mix. The reason for the boost is so when you have it turned at lower Mix values, you can still have the dry signal be at or near unity.
Teej212

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Cooper fx