New laptop, who dis? (home recording)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

New laptop, who dis? (home recording)

Postby Dowi » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:44 am

Hey fam,
my old laptop has been on a death ride for a while now so, when the time comes, i want to buy something decent for home recording.

I have read my fair share of spec lists and must-haves on the webz, but I am looking for real and practical advice from you experienced ILF techs & home-recording people.
I don't need much, just something that works without losing my mind with latency, and capable of running a couple simple plugins without overloading the system etc etc the usual stuff.

I use Ableton as DAW, on a laptop with Windows (don't even try to talk me into buying a MAC, not even a big mac fwiw :) ).
Right now i use a focusrite 2i2 audio interface but i want to upgrade it along the way, so that's not a relevent aspect.

That's it, thanks!
:snax: :snax: :snax: :snax:
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: New laptop, who dis? (home recording)

Postby MaxMaps » Mon May 08, 2023 3:04 pm

Dowi wrote:Hey fam,
my old laptop has been on a death ride for a while now so, when the time comes, i want to buy something decent for home recording.

I have read my fair share of spec lists and must-haves on the webz, but I am looking for real and practical advice from you experienced ILF techs & home-recording people.
I don't need much, just something that works without losing my mind with latency, and capable of running a couple simple plugins without overloading the system etc etc the usual stuff.

I use Ableton as DAW, on a laptop with Windows (don't even try to talk me into buying a MAC, not even a big mac fwiw :) ).
Right now i use a focusrite 2i2 audio interface but i want to upgrade it along the way, so that's not a relevent aspect.

That's it, thanks!
:snax: :snax: :snax: :snax:

Shit is so fast its hard not to find a computer that will do what you need with recording - FWIT Hard Drive Storage and RAM are the two major things you want in a music production laptop. Epically if you are using a ton of plug-ins.

My needs are so simple that a Macbook Air, and basic storage and ram are plenty.
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Tech & Recording