· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
DAWs, VST, iPads, interfaces, software, etc.
Post a reply

Midi control - via PC?

Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:46 pm

I'm aware that Disaster Area make a variety of foot-switchable MIDI controllers for them, but I was wondering what else is out there for saving presets and tweaking them, where you can see what's going on and maybe modify as you go.

So, for example, the Alexander Syntax Error has four onboard presets, but this can be increased with a Disaster Area pedal.

It has four switchable settings and four pots (plus two more if the switch is held down while tweaking).

What I'd like to do is be able to see what is saved in a patch in regard to the various options and to then be able to create a modfied patch just by changing some of those values, which would be sent to the pedal via MIDI.

I know there are a number of MIDI controllers out there, but no idea at all if any of them might be of use.

Re: Midi control - via PC?

Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:19 pm

have you asked alexander pedals about this? they seem kinda helpful about this stuff. I know the neo pedals have touch osc presets on their site but idk if it works both ways

Re: Midi control - via PC?

Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:31 pm

I spent a while looking around and settled on a Morningstar MC6 II, which arrived today.

It can be hooked up to a PC via USB and there's a webpage where it can be edited (I wanted this to be able to tweak presets away from the pedal) so hopefully it will be the solution.

I've ordered an Empress Midibox 2 today which switches the midi from a 5 pin DIN to four 1/4" jack sockets, which is what Alexander and Meris use (if I want to switch all of them I'll have to buy a second one) so hopefully I'll be able to start trying everything out this weekend (I've got two more Meris pedals coming too).
Post a reply