Recommend Plug-ins (panning and distortion/manglers)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Recommend Plug-ins (panning and distortion/manglers)

Postby K2000 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:00 pm

I’m looking for an auto-pan with ‘interesting’ presets as well as basic ones. I want to pan some elements without having to set hundreds of points on the timeline (I’m a noob in Logic so if there’s an easy way to animate a pan manually with a lot of movement, I don’t know how to do it).

Also looking for sound-mangler plug ins. I already have Trash2 (pretty good) and some milder ones that seem mainly good for dirtying up guitars (but that’s it). Is there anything rad I should know about?

I’m currently on an Intel based Mac… pretty soon I’ll be updating to a M1 Mac so I’d be interested in plug ins for either system.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Re: Recommend Plug-ins (panning and distortion/manglers)

Postby ognoy » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:15 am

Soundtoys Effectrack

/thread
OGNOY/solo(ambient/noise/drones)https://ognoy.bandcamp.com/
Solstorm(doom/postmetal) https://solstormdoom.bandcamp.com/
ognoy

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby manymanyhaha » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:40 pm

Soundtoys bundle is indeed pretty awesome.

Soundtoys Panman is really easy for basic panning, gets more complicated to do more complicated stuff. Cableguys' panner is really good too. Audio Damage has one that I haven't used. Can't think of any others right now off the top of my head.

Soundtoys everything else will definitely sound mangle in a very pleasing way. I'm a fan of Freakshow Industries but latency is a problem for live use. Denise, Glitchmachines, Sinevibes, Audiothing, Bleass, Sugar Bytes, UVI, Audio Damage, PsychoModulation all make sound manglers that are fun to mess with, just depends on what kind of mangling you want to do.
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:02 pm

Awesome, thanks for the tips
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby K2000 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:09 pm

So I just updated my ancient Mac for a new Mac Studio, and some of my plug-ins don’t work with the new M1 chips… including Izotope “Trash” (it works with Rosetta, which I have not installed).

ANYHOO, turns out that there’s a free distortion/mangler plug-in similar to Trash, which can run native on M1 macs called “Ruina” by Noise Engineering. Free!

manymanyhaha wrote:Soundtoys bundle is indeed pretty awesome.

Soundtoys Panman is really easy for basic panning, gets more complicated to do more complicated stuff. Cableguys' panner is really good too. Audio Damage has one that I haven't used. Can't think of any others right now off the top of my head.

Soundtoys everything else will definitely sound mangle in a very pleasing way. I'm a fan of Freakshow Industries but latency is a problem for live use. Denise, Glitchmachines, Sinevibes, Audiothing, Bleass, Sugar Bytes, UVI, Audio Damage, PsychoModulation all make sound manglers that are fun to mess with, just depends on what kind of mangling you want to do.

I realize that I still need to work my way through this list! Thanks!
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Return to Tech & Recording