Warmjet V

Moderator: ghost_effects

Re: Warmjet V

Postby ghost_effects » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:43 pm

Slight blim Warmjet V on Ebay now - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-GHO ... 1059616078?
ghost_effects

committed
committed

Postby ghost_effects » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:59 pm

Another very slight blim! Last one direct from me in this form! - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-GHO ... 1139550536
ghost_effects

committed
committed

Postby Tristan » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:52 pm

Why the last one? :(
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:00 pm

ghostySherwentheeffectsmanoverontheD*A*Mforum wrote:Likely to be moving to a smaller case and with less controls (and a bit cheaper!) next year.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Tristan » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:48 pm

Oh, right, there's a whole story about it on the ghost effects facebook too:
https://www.facebook.com/ghosteffects

Personally I think it can miss the edge control (scoops the mids a bit much) but I really dig the setup with dual bias controls on the OG Warmjet V.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:47 pm

Yeah, I was just borrowing jrmy's and his has dual bias controls. I really liked that.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby ghost_effects » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:04 am

yeah no tone control, just level, texture bias, and attack (fuzz).
ghost_effects

committed
committed

Postby HorseyBoy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:55 am

Chankgeez wrote:Yeah, I was just borrowing jrmy's and his has dual bias controls. I really liked that.

Yeah, dual bias controls on a Warmjet are awesome. I really love being able to get mine all spitty and gated :thumb:
HorseyBoy

experienced
experienced

Postby ghost_effects » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:27 am

HorseyBoy wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:Yeah, I was just borrowing jrmy's and his has dual bias controls. I really liked that.

Yeah, dual bias controls on a Warmjet are awesome. I really love being able to get mine all spitty and gated :thumb:

Its really tricky and the main reason i moved to 1 main texture bias with the gain bias internal is that I started selling them in shops and wanted it to be foolproof! With the 2 bias controls its obviously possible to make it sound like shit or to even get no sound at all, which is fine for most people who know what they are getting into, but to demo it in a shop just wouldn't work in my eyes!

MY own warmjet has both biases internal and i have it set up just how i like it FULL ON! :lol:
ghost_effects

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:33 am

That's certainly a good reason to switch over to a single external bias control. Make it unadventurous "guitarist-proof"! :hobbes:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Hyphen Nation » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:25 am

got the last one!
Hyphen Nation

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ghost_effects » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:58 am

Chankgeez wrote:That's certainly a good reason to switch over to a single external bias control. Make it unadventurous "guitarist-proof"! :hobbes:

It actually works really well and you can still get a varied amount of sounds from the one bias. The gain bias is pretty much set and forget for the most sustain, though as horseyboy says you can't get the low gain gatey sounds if its set up like this.
ghost_effects

committed
committed

Postby ghost_effects » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:59 am

Hyphen Nation wrote:got the last one!

:thumb:
ghost_effects

committed
committed

Previous

Return to Ghost Effects