PUHZING

Moderator: multi_s

Re: PUHZING

Postby multi_s » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:49 pm

DRodriguez wrote:Yeah, I believe most dwarfcraft stuff is ±12v. Will that cause any damage to the PUHZING in the negative range or above 5v? Don't want to make a pahzung

i believe for this particular design it should be fine, just it will saturate if the input is outside of 0-5v.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Somnambulance » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:01 pm

multi_s wrote:
Somnambulance wrote:So, could a Dwarfcraft Happiness do the CV control of a PUHZING FOR TO S&H??

hmm i don;t know, from the manual it seems to imply the CV out on happiness is +/-12 V. Puhzing will take 0-5V. So it won't be the right range is my guess but when the happiness output happens to be in the 0-5V range it shoudl be ok.

http://www.dwarfcraft.com/uploads/2/4/2 ... manual.pdf

aen probably can confirm or i believe mr baremountain has a lot of experience with that guy.

edit:

also to note that in the video we use a beatstep, which according to its manual puts out 0-7vdc. However you can just select notes in teh 0-5vdc range, if the output voltage is too high the puhzing will just stay at the same frequency when the input is 5V.

Hmmm ok. Yeah I'm trying to look into what I can use to make S&H type sounds with my incoming PUHZING
Listen, the WORLD is my board. All of the pedals are on it, just out of my reach..
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

Postby oldangelmidnight » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:19 pm

The Korg SQ-1 lets you set the voltage range and has a lot of nice options.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:24 pm

i've been pretty into the beatstep, its quite cheap. the beatstep pro looks much more dope though.

ehx 8 step also looks liek agood option if you want a pedal format device.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby DRodriguez » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:42 pm

The roland A-01 is pretty cheap used. Less physical controls than the beat step but it has midi, cv, a sequencer, and an 8 bit synth built in, battery powered for gigs and bluetooth control
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Somnambulance » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:08 pm

Nice, thanks for the suggestions guys
Listen, the WORLD is my board. All of the pedals are on it, just out of my reach..
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

Postby multi_s » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:42 pm

fortunately lack of options is not something the music gear world seems to suffer from lol.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby baremountain » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:06 pm

multi_s wrote:ehx 8 step also looks liek agood option if you want a pedal format device.

+1 for 8-step in doing S&H style stuff with CV.
Also yeah the Dwarfies are -/+10V so you'll get use from about 1/4 of the sweep of their CV outputs, and (most likely) brickwall at the lowest value for the first half and highest value for the last quarter.
Fun fact: 8-Step can attenuate CV so you can send your CV from a Happiness/Twin Stags into a 0-3.3V or 0-5V pedal.
Also I got muh CV bandwidth converters.
Arturia gear works well too. The Keystep even has a nice CV sequencer.
multi_s wrote:options options options
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Somnambulance » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:40 pm

multi_s wrote:fortunately lack of options is not something the music gear world seems to suffer from lol.

"If a man does not have sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce."
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

Postby Somnambulance » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:41 pm

baremountain wrote:
multi_s wrote:ehx 8 step also looks liek agood option if you want a pedal format device.

+1 for 8-step in doing S&H style stuff with CV.
Also yeah the Dwarfies are -/+10V so you'll get use from about 1/4 of the sweep of their CV outputs, and (most likely) brickwall at the lowest value for the first half and highest value for the last quarter.
Fun fact: 8-Step can attenuate CV so you can send your CV from a Happiness/Twin Stags into a 0-3.3V or 0-5V pedal.
Also I got muh CV bandwidth converters.
Arturia gear works well too. The Keystep even has a nice CV sequencer.
multi_s wrote:options options options

The Korg looks like my most likely candidate because I'm biased against EHX but the 8-step is still on the table.
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

Postby waltdogg » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:10 pm

spent all my tips on cannabis. but i get paid at the end of the week so...
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby worra » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:45 am

Somnambulance wrote:
multi_s wrote:fortunately lack of options is not something the music gear world seems to suffer from lol.

"If a man does not have sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce."
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:35 am

waltdogg wrote:spent all my tips on cannabis. but i get paid at the end of the week so...

we still have a few left.... Also we shipped most of the orders today, the rest are boxed to go tomorrow, anyone who bought one should receive shipping details in the next day or two, the paypal/canada post shipping integration seems to have been upgraded recently and now it does not work for me for whatever reason, so we have to manually put in all the tracking info again which is a bit time consuming, but it should be in in the next day or 2.

thanks everyone for their support.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby DRodriguez » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:53 am

Got my puhzing in today! Was going to go try it out, but then I fell asleep. Will get back to it in the morning!
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:06 pm

Hopefully I'll get a chance to play tonight!
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Montreal Assembly