Your and You're

Moderator: multi_s

Re: Your and You're

Postby Seance » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:02 am

cosmicevan wrote:
Seance wrote:
cosmicevan wrote:Interesting discovery this morning.

What are the sonic fingerprint overlaps (if at any) between the sound/texture of Y&Y and PURPLL?
I mean... other than how both pedals were made by Scott Monk's fingers.

They don't sound anything like each other to me. I don't get a fuzz at all with PurPLL. I love PurPLL so much. It is so usable. The Elta PLL is kind of like a synth stompbox with a few presets since you can turn voicings on and off (like the PurPLL). The Elta has a dedicated fuzz though and that can dial in a spot on Y&Y. I haven't tried an expression w PurPLL, but use one with Y&Y and sweeping Y&Y definitely catches the same vibe as the Elta's fuzz with multiplier.

Interesting. Thanks.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Crootte » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:19 pm

Hey guys. Can someone tell me what's the best exp pedal to use with the Y&Y?
I tried my Line6-EX1 but it doesnt seems to work. Thanks !
Crootte

interested
interested

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:54 pm

Moog expression pedal seems to work fine. :thumb:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Seance » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:33 pm

Boss EV-30 dual expression pedal also works with it.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ck3 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:12 am

A Your and You're ordered during the most recent Black Friday sale arrived yesterday, and I was finally able to fire it up today. Enjoyable and half-deafening experience overall during which it became clear that the tone knob has some serious range. Is it normal for there to be high-pitched bleedthrough when the pedal is bypassed with tone beyond its minimum setting?
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:43 pm

ck3 wrote:A Your and You're ordered during the most recent Black Friday sale arrived yesterday, and I was finally able to fire it up today. Enjoyable and half-deafening experience overall during which it became clear that the tone knob has some serious range. Is it normal for there to be high-pitched bleedthrough when the pedal is bypassed with tone beyond its minimum setting?

try it with an expression pedal...that's where the magic is at :love:
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:55 am

ck3 wrote:A Your and You're ordered during the most recent Black Friday sale arrived yesterday, and I was finally able to fire it up today. Enjoyable and half-deafening experience overall during which it became clear that the tone knob has some serious range. Is it normal for there to be high-pitched bleedthrough when the pedal is bypassed with tone beyond its minimum setting?

Hi,

There should not be any bleed through when it is bypassed.

if you are still experiencing problems please email me at mtl.asm@gmail.com and we can send you a replacement.

thanks

s
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to Montreal Assembly