stereo guitar wiring?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

stereo guitar wiring?

Postby voerking » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:22 pm

Anyone have any resources/wiring diagrams for wiring a guitar in stereo? Particularly with one TRS jack on the instrument & the ability to switch back to mono operation via a SPDT switch, or a push-pull pot?
I currently have a two pickup guitar with a Cabronita style harness (one volume pot, Gibson style 3 way switch, and standard TS jack) that I'd like to use to send the neck pickup to one amp & the bridge pickup to another. (currently i'm using the middle position & splitting the signal on the pedalboard to two signal chains/amps).
Judging by some googling, it seems totally doable, but I haven't found sufficiently dumbed down wiring diagrams to figure out precisely what I need to do.
I might grab a TRS jack & just wire the pickups directly to it & try it with my setup as a proof-of-concept experiment before I figure out a permanent wiring solution.
voerking

experienced
experienced

Re: stereo guitar wiring?

Postby Paul_C » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:18 pm

Obviously you can ignore all the phase switching - all you really need is the switch and the two jack sockets bit.

Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: stereo guitar wiring?

Postby John » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:10 pm

I don't have any schematics but just want to say stereo guitars are fun AF. I have an ond Harmony flying V that I put an XLR jack on so my cable doesn't get pulled out. Used to send the neck pickup to a pitch shifter and bass amp, with the poles on the 3 thinnest strings disabled. And of course there's John Reis!
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Return to Guitar Tech & Projects