Xerograph Deluxe, redesigned for 2016

Moderator: Taylor Livingston

Re: Xerograph Deluxe, redesigned for 2016

Postby Taylor Livingston » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:38 pm

Really glad to hear that you're liking the updates! Thanks for the review.
Taylor Livingston

committed
committed

Postby sylnau » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:45 pm

Dapper Bandit wrote:This may be (/clearly is) a huge necro but I received my new XeroD the other week. Full disclosure, I bought one before the redesign and let it go as it wasn't quite working for me but this new version has addressed every issue I had and then some! The static filter switch is really helpful and I find it a lot easier to dial in sounds I like. This is now the top of my list favourite filter for any application ever!

You play guitar or bass?
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dapper Bandit » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:32 pm

Both but with more years in bass. Haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces on guitar yet but so far it seems extremely capable of doing double duty! I let my original go in favour of a 3leaf Wonderlove which to me didn't sound as good but I could get close to the sounds I wanted more easily but this redesign has knocked it out the park.
Bringing Brought the noise in Whitechapel Murders
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

Postby sylnau » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:28 pm

Dapper Bandit wrote:Both but with more years in bass. Haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces on guitar yet but so far it seems extremely capable of doing double duty! I let my original go in favour of a 3leaf Wonderlove which to me didn't sound as good but I could get close to the sounds I wanted more easily but this redesign has knocked it out the park.

When you'll have the time to try it with a guitar, let me know how it is. I sold my old one because the range wasn't very good with guitar. I wanted to love this pedal.
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:35 pm

I do love the Xerograph Deluxe. :love:

Are you sure it isn't just user error?

I thought the range was fine with guitar on the old version. I sold mine because I wasn't using envelope filter that much. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby goroth » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:20 am

sylnau wrote:
Dapper Bandit wrote:Both but with more years in bass. Haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces on guitar yet but so far it seems extremely capable of doing double duty! I let my original go in favour of a 3leaf Wonderlove which to me didn't sound as good but I could get close to the sounds I wanted more easily but this redesign has knocked it out the park.

When you'll have the time to try it with a guitar, let me know how it is. I sold my old one because the range wasn't very good with guitar. I wanted to love this pedal.

I've got both versions and I have failed at dialing in the Deluxe for guitar.
Pretty sure it's user error, but if anyone has any tips...
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby sylnau » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:21 am

goroth wrote:
sylnau wrote:

I've got both versions and I have failed at dialing in the Deluxe for guitar.
Pretty sure it's user error, but if anyone has any tips...

I think it doesn't like some pickups... but not sure.

sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:36 am

Try using a compressor before the Xerograph Deluxe. Should be able to get it to work better with any pickups.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Tristan » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:17 am

I like it with drive / distortion / fuzz in front, by far the most synthy sounding filter I have heard.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to Iron Ether