1-Spot hum with Oxide?

Moderator: Taylor Livingston

1-Spot hum with Oxide?

Postby aetheriac » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:17 am

I've run my Oxide #13 through a couple of one spots on a couple different boards in the past 2 days.
Both times it added a wicked ground loop hum. Is that normal for the Oxide? I swear I've had it on
one spots before and it didn't do that.

On another note, running the Oxide into a Supercollider is an amazing experience, hum or not!!!
aetheriac

interested
interested

Re: 1-Spot hum with Oxide?

Postby Jwar » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:52 am

No it's not normal in my experience with the pedal. Could be your wall plugs or could be something faulty with the pedal. Try plugging it into a different outlet in your home or even a friends home. Power can be finicky as fuck. It's annoying.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Taylor Livingston » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:23 pm

That's a very early one! No, it shouldn't hum. If you're not able to sort out the source of the hum experimenting with your power supplies and other pedals on the same supply, please email me at info at ironether dot com and I'll help you get that fixed.
Taylor Livingston

committed
committed

Postby aetheriac » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:53 am

Taylor Livingston wrote:That's a very early one! No, it shouldn't hum. If you're not able to sort out the source of the hum experimenting with your power supplies and other pedals on the same supply, please email me at info at ironether dot com and I'll help you get that fixed.

Thanks Taylor, I will certainly do that.
Tomorrow I should be able to figure out more.
aetheriac

interested
interested

Return to Iron Ether